• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
its not really that. he has such a fanbase pushing him that he stands the best chance of any third party character. we don't so much argue it as we do bash sonic for being an overrated hedgehog who's recent games have been with the exception of 1, well **** really. that doesn't seem to hurt his chances though, so i'll be looking to play this flaming turd when brawl comes out.

oh and hamsters pwn hedgehogs
Oh, I follow you, its out of the need to be a ****. Perfectly rational behavior.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Sonic The Hedgehog

Moves
--------

A: Jab (AA) Jab (AAA) Short-hop axe kick (Like Mario's Combo)
Smash >: Dropkick
Smash ^: Back-Flip-Kick (like Fox)
Smash v: Spining kick thing (Same as Mario's)
Tilt >:Round House Kick (Like Samus's)
Tilt ^: Quick Back-flip-kick
Tilt/crouch v: Kicks at shin area

B: A Spin-dash that shoots out a short range energy wave (Like Kirby's Sword range)and puts sonic airborne a little bit from the knock back (chargeable)
B >: Homing Attack (can be chained up to 3 times)
B v: Spin-dash (similar to puff's, but deflects projectiles, and does less damge to balance it)
B ^: Just a third jump that does damage (like Samus's)

Nair: Basic Flying Side Kick (sex Kick, as I'm told their called)
Bair: Double Back-kick (like Young Link)
Fair: 360 Spinning Kick
Dair: Kick Down (like Gannondorf but weaker)

Taunt
---------
Wags his finger at the screen (classic...)

Grabs
---------
A: Knees opponent
>: Does a front flip (in air) while throwing them
<: Spins them around and throws them (like Mario)
^: Kicks them into the air
v: Pust them on groung and spin dashes on them

Stats (out of 10)
---------
Speed:10 (duh)
Strength:4
Traction:2
Jump:7
Stamina:5
Weight:6
Short-hop:5

greystar

Smash Rookie
i for one think that it is very possible for sonic to be in brawl. with the inclusion of third party characters and games like sonic and mario at the olympics it seems fairly obvious that he would be a new character.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I still think it is very possible for Sonic to be in Brawl. With Sega developing Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, I think HAL Laboratorys and Sega may have had a trade with characters?

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
I still think it is very possible for Sonic to be in Brawl. With Sega developing Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, I think HAL Laboratorys and Sega may have had a trade with characters?
Did anyone else lol a bit when Mario was running at Sonics speed in the trailer:laugh:

Still though it will be so amazing to battle these two in Brawl and I can't wait. I'm hoping to main Sonic if hes in too.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything that has been mentioned in this thread(most likely I am, and I'm not reading though all 110 pages >_>)

IMO Sonic has the best chance out of any other 3rd party company character to be added to the Brawl roster. The only reason I can think of that Sonic is not in SSBB is that Sega doesn't want him to be in. (It doesn't seems like Sega is having any problems with Nintendo at this time, I could be wrong though)

If Sonic is in I think Tails would make an excellent AT. When your in a match you would grab the AT throw it Tails would proceed to come out and disappear into the background, and when your about to die from being knocked of the stage Tails would grab your character and fly him/her safely back on.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything that has been mentioned in this thread(most likely I am, and I'm not reading though all 110 pages >_>)

IMO Sonic has the best chance out of any other 3rd party company character to be added to the Brawl roster. The only reason I can think of that Sonic is not in SSBB is that Sega doesn't want him to be in. (It doesn't seems like Sega is having any problems with Nintendo at this time, I could be wrong though)

If Sonic is in I think Tails would make an excellent AT. When your in a match you would grab the AT throw it Tails would proceed to come out and disappear into the background, and when your about to die from being knocked of the stage Tails would grab your character and fly him/her safely back on.
Good idea with the Tails AT. But Sega is making a game with Mario characters in it, I think it would be fair to let HAL use Sonic in Brawl.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hey if Sonic is in, and either he is starter or unlockable. Which of you will almost INSTANTLY main him?

(I Know i will!;))
Since I used Zelda in Melee, I think I'll try her first. But if she changed to something I don't like, Sonic will be one of my options ^^

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
woah... i've been gone awhile...... and yet i remain signed-in.... weird, specially since i forgot my own password AGAIN~

whatever. anyway....
was just thinking... what if... what if they totally screw up the balance between sonic and mario ? (if sonic is in ofcourse) you know what i mean, what if sonic is a higher tier than mario? i hope sakurai would know what they're doing if ever they let sonic in.....

dang, i scared my self there, and i hardly even scare that easily...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well... I wouldn't care ^^ One person will always be better than the other in some way or another...... BRAWL

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
If he is in most likely he will be unlocked through something time based like Falcon was in SSB. And he will be my main no matter what tier he is in,I can't wait.

SonicMario

Smash Master
woah... i've been gone awhile...... and yet i remain signed-in.... weird, specially since i forgot my own password AGAIN~

whatever. anyway....
was just thinking... what if... what if they totally screw up the balance between sonic and mario ? (if sonic is in ofcourse) you know what i mean, what if sonic is a higher tier than mario? i hope sakurai would know what they're doing if ever they let sonic in.....

dang, i scared my self there, and i hardly even scare that easily...
I hope you mean Mario & Sonic are equal or similar in tier, i don't want to Mario to be over superior to Sonic.

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing Sonic will have moveset issues. As in Sakurai probaly wants them to be pretty even and since Mario will probaly be mid tier Sonic will be too. The reason behind this is Sonic's speed he will no doubt be the fastest in the game and that kind of speed usually leads characters into a higher tier EX. Fox,Falcon,Marth. So to balance this he will probaly be harder to use than Mario and a bit weaker.

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
I like your moveset a lot, but had to bring attention to your proposed taunt. The stance Sonic takes when idle for a few seconds(Genesis games) would be the best taunt ever IMO! You know, when he has his arms at his side, and hes tapping his foot. And then his eyes are like 0_o

LOL, best taunt ever.
i 2nd that. that would be the best taunt

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
The only move I think Sonic should get from my move set is... B makes him stationary and he charges up in a blue ball like in the games. Then Let go and he speeds across... Not very safe now that I think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TslzhjvnE14
This brought back so many memories.. This guy did some speedy stuff but he sucks at the rails and the truck chase.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i just hope they don't make sonic uber fast. i mean i undertsnqad that hes a fast guy but i don't want to be able to cross the entire stage with him in 5 seconds, you know what i mean...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i just hope they don't make sonic uber fast. i mean i undertsnqad that hes a fast guy but i don't want to be able to cross the entire stage with him in 5 seconds, you know what i mean...
That's actually pretty slow.

You should be able to cross the whole stage of Hyrule in Melee in about 5 or 6 seconds with Fox (I know he's uber fast, but Hyrule's a HUGE stage)

Sonic should, hands down, be the fastest character if he's in Brawl. If they have to slow other characters down in order to do that, so be it. It just doesn't make sense for Fox or C. Falcon to be able to outrun him.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Lol i can't wait (if he is in) to see what Giant and Tiny Sonic is like when he gets a mushroom!(If those return)
But what if Sonic gets a bunny hood? When he is already pretty fast, i guess stay away from the bunny hood while you are Sonic i guess. I guess it would also be hilarious to see Sonic whipping around the Hammer! (I think it is hilarious how someone like Link or Samus is using the hammer!)

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Sonic has to be in.He just has too! :cry:

If the trailer for Mario & Sonic at the Olypmics is any indication of how fast he would be in brawl,then we're in trouble.Did anyone else notice he was CATCHING UP to Mario in the race?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
all i know is ive been dreaming of this matchup for about 13 years.... and for it to even have a chance of becoming a reality makes me **** myself

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I think he should be a little tad slower than Captain Falcon, maybe as fast as Fox. I think that would be fair.
NO,Sonic should be the fastest character in Brawl. That's his trademark,you can't that away.

Anyway,he should be unlockable in the last event match where you play as Mario and fight him on Final Destination. I soon as I got Sonic I wouldn't even play as him.

This is what I would do(in this order) if the blue blur was in the game: Have an earth-shattering nerdgasm over the fact that Sonic is in Brawl, set Mario and Sonic on computer mode,both in level 9(or whatever the CPU level will be) plop them in Final Destination,sit back,relax,get ready for the ultimate battle,press start,and enjoy the show.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Sonic has to be the fastest character in the game.He should be a fast faller and about as strong as Mario,maybe a tad bit less.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sonic has to be the fastest character in the game.He should be a fast faller and about as strong as Mario,maybe a tad bit less.
He should be the fastest character, but since he can roll up in a sorta ball like position he could be a not so fast faller, but you never know. IDK about the falling thing, but watever.

O, and Sonic for BRAWL! :)

SonicMario

Smash Master
NO,Sonic should be the fastest character in Brawl. That's his trademark,you can't that away.

Anyway,he should be unlockable in the last event match where you play as Mario and fight him on Final Destination. I soon as I got Sonic I wouldn't even play as him.

This is what I would do(in this order) if the blue blur was in the game: Have an earth-shattering nerdgasm over the fact that Sonic is in Brawl, set Mario and Sonic on computer mode,both in level 9(or whatever the CPU level will be) plop them in Final Destination,sit back,relax,get ready for the ultimate battle,press start,and enjoy the show.
Don't Forget no items. They can make it go either way.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
He should be the fastest character, but since he can roll up in a sorta ball like position he could be a not so fast faller, but you never know. IDK about the falling thing, but watever.

O, and Sonic for BRAWL! :)
I don't really see having Sonic as a fast character and having a slow character as fair,unless he is completely weak,which would totally unbalance his character.

Floydeclipse

Smash Rookie
look what i found on a website, if you look closer or zoom in on the pic you can see sonic on right row on the bottom

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Lets just hope he shows up. The signs are everywhere, he is the most newcomer we have heard much about........... I know he has to show up are I'll be gravely disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom