• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Secret Rings bad? Worse than Sonic 360? Worse than Sonic Heroes? Worse than Shadow the Hedgehog? Bull****.

And also, Sonic the Hedgehog 3&K >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Actually, I also thought Secret rings was worse than all those. It controls like an ***.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
OMG ur officially not a smash fan if u believe those character arent gonna be in smash, theyre all shoe ins, and what the **** makes u think theyre rejected, give me a link or source of where ur BS comes from...
oh im a fan. in fact, im so much of a fan, i have contact with nintendo.its not only me though. im with a LARGE group.

ICEIGHT

Smash Cadet
I dont know if this is true, but if you said is true about same moves a Jiggs, i dont think he will be as popular as some of the others, but ive been wrong before

Del Money

Smash Champion
maybe. would u like to join a nintendo fan group?
no that was just a joke. N-Sider is the last source i would trust for legit gaming info. in fact, lack of legit gaming info is reason all you guys are arguing. that and a selected few of you are being ********. and by "select few" i only mean one who will remain nameless

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
well tell me. did sega do anything to try to put sonic in brawl?
Unless you're the president of Sega, then I'm inclined to believe you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Nintendo said they'd have 2-3 3rd party characters in the game and yet we haven't heard anything about any characters beyond Snake, which means that I'm assuming the negotiations for these characters have happened but that we, the gaming public, haven't heard about them because they're intended to be a surprise.

Last I heard, the director of Secret Rings said he thought it would be awesome to see Sonic in Brawl and we have M&S: Olympics, indicating that Sega is not at all adverse to crossovers.

I think it's really funny that you're trying to BS us with some alleged connection to Nintendo, but you already said earlier that you knew Sega wasn't interested, which says to me that you're just a lying sack of troll who hates Sonic and is kicking and screaming because you don't want to see him in the game.

So in short, sod off, troll.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ Smash Brother
M&S at the Olympics it not definitive evidence, the game has nothing to do with a union of sega and nintendo. its an official game the the OLYMPICS. that means its geared towards demonstrating good sportsmanship and friendly competition and what better way than to put two of the biggest rivals from seperate video game companies as well as their supporting cast of characters (as gay as some of the Sonic-world characters are *cough*cream-amy-big-chao_in_general*cough*).

i agree Sonic has a darn good chance of being in, but until i see conclusive evidence that Sega isnt gonna disappoint us (dissappointment being their signature move these days), i wouldnt bank on it. i am a huge Sonic fan and want him in but im prepared for the worst, like i was with melee when Diddy yet-again got shafted up the @$$

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
ok then. do wat u want. da guilt is in u...
I get the feeling english wasn't your first...

In any case, the reason why you irk me is because I'm insanely sick of the people who stumble into a thread and say "______ isn't gonna be in the game." like they're Sakurai's pet parrot or something and somehow have inside information when they're in fact obnoxious little trolls who have no valid argument against a character so they simply say they won't be in the game.

In short, this is the forum version of responding to someone's argument by saying "Nuh-uh!", something that most of us grew out of at age 7.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
well im saying "______ isnt gonna be in" cuz its true, and pplz sound stupid talking about it.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
@ Smash Brother
M&S at the Olympics it not definitive evidence, the game has nothing to do with a union of sega and nintendo.
Aside from the fact that Miyamoto was supposed to be overseeing the team designing it, sure.

I'm not saying it's conclusive at all. I'm just saying that I'm so sick of trolls who don't even have the guts to argue against a character so they just say "no! that characer wont be in teh game! No! NOOOO! NOOO! LALALALA! CANT HEER YUO!!"

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
well im saying "______ isnt gonna be in" cuz its true, and pplz sound stupid talking about it.
In that case, post me a link, a pic, an interview, an article, a rumor, ANYTHING that might suggest that Sega has intentionally declined to offer Sonic for SSBB.

Until you do that, you're a troll, plain and simple.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
i didnt say sega declined. (el stupido) i said they didnt try to put sonic in. would you give me a link for proof that sonic has a chance?

Stryks

Smash Hero
"Around the same time, they also stated that Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog was the most requested third-party character. Video game magazine IGN interviewed Nintendo Europe marketing director Laurent Fischer and asked if Sonic will be appearing in Brawl. Fischer's response was, "That's not on the cards at the moment.""

from wikipedia

U clearly said they REJECTED sonic, thus sounds like u fraking work with sakurai, which I think is BS, al es El Estupido, no stupido, I SPEAK spanish, thus if u try anything dont think u wont get warned...

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
oooooh nintendo EUROPE. thats europe.

i said hes not gonna be in it. me im using facts like "sega didnt do anything"

how can i get a warning for debating?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Was that the same Sega of Europe executive who said that Sega didn't like the Wii and that it was crap, then Sega made him apologize the same day?

In any case, it's Sega of EUROPE! Why the hell is anyone listening to Sega of Europe when all of the decision-making happens in Japan?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Aside from the fact that Miyamoto was supposed to be overseeing the team designing it, sure.
ok well i completely forgot miyamoto was overseeing the design. but from the impression i gathered from earlier posts, people were talking about Sega "hopefully not screwing up the game" so that gave me the impression that Sega would be dominant with regards to regulation of the game's development. that helps Sonic's chances for brawl a bit more now that i see it, but its kinda still not conclusive enough.

if i had to take a bet i would say Sonic is in, but that of course is only if i HAD TO take a bet. IMO saying sonic is definitely not in brawl is just as ******** and saying he definitely will be in. im mean seriously, how many people though Wario and/or Diddy would be in melee? (mario's alternate costume doesnt count). hell i even thought Falco was a secret character in SSB64 waaaaay back in the day of course.

so yeah to finalize, Sonic in brawl in still a toss up just because theres so much that can easily go wrong/neglected to keep his out of the game (kinda like how Snake was truelysupposed to be in melee and how Wario and Diddy by common sense shouldve been in melee and they aint even 3rd party)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Warning for using curse words in another language, which are still waht they are: curse words...

also u call this debating? ur being freaking ridicuolous! give me a link where it says sega hasnt done anything to contact nintendo to add sonic...

cmon go! give me a link!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm not opposed to Sonic, but I'd very interested to see how he would play. I just don't see him as a punch and kick kind of guy, but they could make it work, I suppose.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Was that the same Sega of Europe executive who said that Sega didn't like the Wii and that it was crap, then Sega made him apologize the same day?

In any case, it's Sega of EUROPE! Why the hell is anyone listening to Sega of Europe when all of the decision-making happens in Japan?
THATS WHAT IM THINKING!!!

If it's a fact, you MUST have something to back it up, then.

So, back it up, or it isn't a fact and you're trolling.
Warning for using curse words in another language, which are still waht they are: curse words...

also u call this debating? ur being freaking ridicuolous! give me a link where it says sega hasnt done anything to contact nintendo to add sonic...

cmon go! give me a link!
if theyre REALLY trying, then sega would have told us SOMEHOW. i mean, they got a WEBSITE. it isnt so hard to tell us there.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well it aint hard to show us newcomers either yet THEY HAVENT!
Newcomers are the biggest thing they can show, and they aint gonna show the most requested characters (ridley, sonic, megaman, dedede and so on) 1st! its called creating hype, by showing little info they hype up the game, in the final remaining days til brawl they'll take out the big guns!

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ Stryks

well when you receive a freshly-pulled-out-and-smelling-as-ever response like "That's not on the cards at the moment", you can interpret it in several way. "not on the cards" could be a metaphor for tarot cards interpretted as "theres no plans for a future with Sonic being in brawl as of right now". it could also be a metaphor for poker interpretted as "i could tell you but then ill have to kill you". as you can see i spend a little too much time analyzing that article since my internship is madd boring but anwyays i take it Lord Kirby interpretted it the first way. if there was anyway of knowing what was actually meant by that stupid-*** quote, we probably wouldnt be having this argument right now

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
if theyre REALLY trying, then sega would have told us SOMEHOW. i mean, they got a WEBSITE. it isnt so hard to tell us there.
Just like Konami told us that Snake would be in SSBB before Nintendo showed us the trailer with him in it, right?

Also...

A poll on the official Japanese language site has shown that Sonic is the most requested character to be in the new game. Sakurai has addressed saying that he would really like to add Sonic and that they have contacted Sega in regards to this.

Nintendo wants him in it and Sega loves to market the hell out of Sonic. I'm not saying he's definitely in, but he's certainly not definitely OUT.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Stryks, Smash_Brother, Lord Kirby, anyone else whose hovering around

how do each of you interpret "That's not on the cards at the moment" ?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I understood it as: "We cant give any info at the moment"
and I hardly see happening: Ok we can now give info, no sonic aint in the game.... yeah...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Seriously, unless it comes from Japan, I have no reason to believe it.

Same goes for the US news. Even NoA sometimes says things which NCL will overturn not too long afterwards.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I understood it as: "We cant give any info at the moment"
and I hardly see happening: Ok we can now give info, no sonic aint in the game.... yeah...
ok yeah that what i thought too. but then do you see how it could be seen as "we havent made consideration for Sonic in brawl at the moment"? and to be honest, that effin scares me cuz that would give the development team about 7 months (from when the interview occur which was in may i think) to put Sonic in brawl as well as do all the testing, touch-ups,documentations, legal shiznit and blah blah blah that video game development entails

but like i said that quote, as stupid as it is, could have many meanings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom