• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well I guess that's settled then. Didn't realize that you had tested it out yourself. You could still use it out of shield as a trap though, you'll just have to do it before they land. I don't see what makes it so much worse than shield grabbing (considering Sonic's throws don't combo into anything). It's great as a mindgame too. Just run under them when they're doing an aerial and then up B once the hitbox ends. Don't you think it would be nice to find ways to exploit such a unique move?

I've also read Gimpyfish's posts, and he didn't mention the up B at all (except for that it goes really high and you can attack after it).

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
E for All gameplay doesn't mean ****, since so much was changed. However, I already posted a video showing that you have to jump onto the spring. Side note: Acting like a **** towards people with reasonable questions doesn't make you any cooler.

Damax

Smash Lord
Well I guess that's settled then. Didn't realize that you had tested it out yourself. You could still use it out of shield as a trap though, you'll just have to do it before they land. I don't see what makes it so much worse than shield grabbing (considering Sonic's throws don't combo into anything). It's great as a mindgame too. Just run under them when they're doing an aerial and then up B once the hitbox ends. Don't you think it would be nice to find ways to exploit such a unique move?

I've also read Gimpyfish's posts, and he didn't mention the up B at all (except for that it goes really high and you can attack after it).
oh yeah I found where I read it, check my last post. Actually the up throw can combo at low pourcentage. I killed ivysaur at about 67% as I down threw him he tried to do his tether recovery only to get hit by a falling spring.

the down throw can set up for good edgeguard, the knock back reminds me of sheik's fair.

the back throw is strong and will kill at 150% (depends on the stage, DI and such as always)

to phoenix: I need not to be cool, I careless. I could just stop saying what I know from what I played if you don't trust me I don't care just who are you anyway. Sonic didn't change much since E for all. the only change seems to be his up air. which had trouble killing while I played but didn't seems to on E for all vids.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Thanks for the video Phoenix Dark.

And thanks for the throw info Damax. Sorry for being so harsh. I just really was hoping I could use that up B for something. So far it's really good for following opponents high up, but that's pretty much the end of its combat uses at this point.:(

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Damax Joined? Who else did, contact me so I can give you your S.S.S. Stuff.

P.S. Daisy-Fan! Send me your Wii Number so I can add it to the S.S.S List

EDIT: Yeah, Dyce and I talking via AIM, I know what Im gunna draw for him. But Im working on SiD's colors right now

Repryx

Smash Champion
A-FREAKING-MAZING

From the graphics 2 music to gameplay to BALANCE! THis game is NICE!!!! I cant even really say you gotta play it 4 urself to see

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
No, you are not the only one that wishes to see that match up. Of course, I just want to see any match with the Blue Blur in it.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I have also been wanting to see Lucario and Sonic fight. Also, the Pokemon Trainer and Sonic is something that I would like to see. Just to see how Sonic could adapt to each different fighting style. That's something else that I am wanting to see.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
So far, people have been predicting that Lucario would have a certain advantage over Sonic. See, Lucario's moves actually get slightly more powerful as he takes damage, and Sonic's metagame is all about racking up high percentages. Time will tell...

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
Ya know, it would suck if Sonic turned out to suck horribly... cause I talked WAY to big on the Nsider forums for me not to use him everytime I play WiFi. So, here's hopingt Sonic rawks! (how could he not?)

Garuda

Smash Ace
What I'm doing to occupy my time is trying to beat all three 1-player modes as all of the characters that will be in Brawl, on Very Hard difficulty. In other words, Very Hard as everyone except Dr. Mario, Pichu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Young Link.

Or, you know, I could watch a whole bunch of Brawl vids. And of course, deal with real life as well.

Garuda

Smash Ace
No. Don't wanna. Never had them. I'd like a hot dog instead please.

Kinda weird that Robotnik never appeared as a boss in the game. But that's fine, it was just something that seemed to be expected. But hey, guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom