• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
You know what? Just because you said that, anyone who opposes Silver running in the background should just scream at the television for the ENTIRE duration that he appears on the screen. I know I will.

And it's nothing against Silver, I actually find him to be a pretty interesting character (I don't have any clue about his back-story, he looks pretty cool though, lolz) but he just sort of kills the whole "retro" feel to Green Hill Zone.
I can say the same for His World and Seven Rings in hand killing the retro of Green Hill Zone (Not that I hate the songs)

OMG! I'm #4 on the list!? THAT'S AWESOME!!!
Is it because I'm now higher up? Or did you just put me there because I came to your mind first? Lolz.

If it's the first one let me know. If it's the second one... let me dream.:chuckle:
It doesn't have anything to do with higher ups. All Major members have the same amount of powers as the rest, ditto with the Minor and Friends.

Sorry, if got you all excited for that. But maybe I will reveal powers since I just now revealed that the ranks have powers.

Major = Able to recruit any members to Minor and Friends and also remove members if you feel they are ruining the reputation of the SSS or the SSS in general. However, thay are limited by 2 things: At least 5 Majors other then you must agree if you want to promote a member to a Major rank.

Minor = Can only ask (By PM or any other type of comunication) for Majors to appoint a person as friend. Also, at times of perhaps we may have election days (Maybe when the SSS hits a year old in September 2008). They can nominate and vote for one of their own to be a Major (But they can't nominate themselves)

Friends = Not really that much power, maybe we will allow on the aforemention Election days for Friends to nominate others to be in the Minor category (But once again, can't nominate themselves. But most of the time Friends will need to get on the good sides of larger ranked members like the Majors to even get the powers of a Minor.

Wow, I'm pretty much making the SSS a Sonic Republic @_@

Repryx

Smash Champion
Wow Ive Got Power....Captain PLANET ANYONE???

SM Did you find out if there is a way 4 u 2 access WiFi? Maybe a game store or cousins house or somethin???? FIND A PLACE TO STAY THIS SUMMER!

BTW if I get a car this summer....I may visit you for a weekend 4 the heck of it lolz if I'd be allowed that is *Maryland Liscences are so tedious*

Garuda

Smash Ace
Oooohh okay. I only got rid of it because it wasn't working for some reason. I'm on it!

EDIT: YEAH YEAH, how you like THAT sexy sig, biatch?! Sonic and Ganondorf... and not in that way, you very, very, very, VERY sick person..........yikes.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Since when does GameFAQs
AKA GameF@Gs
have a good reputation anyway? Brawl will be one of the best if not the best Wii game out there. Maybe even bigger then just the Wii.

Some way more credible sources are rating it good.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
SM is right screw gamefaqs most ppl there are prob giving it low ratings cuz they dislike the roster

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well I dont know of any Credible and non Credible game sites (Gerw up w. nintendo Power)

So Help me outz here!

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
well for smash bros here is a good place :laugh: to be honest just dont trust the internet unless it is an offical website of course :psycho:

Repryx

Smash Champion
THIS JUST IN

MY FRIEND GOT BRAWL SO I WILL BE LIVING WITH HIM till.....MARCH 8th!

Also SM Im gonna start-up Sonics FS Review as soon as I can (Maybe this weekend)

Damax

Smash Lord
I played brawl yesterday and I can give a few reviews on sonic, played him for about 2h30 and some other times with other chars. (snakes rock too I love him XD I'd almost main him haha)

well brawl feels weird at first, you'll have some trouble moving around at first. There is no dash dancing except for the very first frame of the moves which is pointless.

Sonic's fox trot is quite good! I had a hard time to pull it out but it seemed great and fast!

it seems like the down air when started at some height can land with no lag. Tripping doesn't happen quite often (might have happen once during my 3h30 or more of gameplay)

His down smash is amazing for KO and pissing of peoples, his spin dash and spin charge is hard to control at first. The homing move is quite useful to recover with though it tends to attack you friend in team if you play with team attack on (some weird instances happened where I was closer to an enemy but still homed farther into my teamate XD)

His up B also have some edgeguard value I was able to KO a returning Ivysaur who had just lached with the spring hit. all of his B move will be put into use in competition i am pretty sure of it. His up smash could be better though.... his forward smash isn't strong but fast enough to be useful, its range isn't as bad as so many claims. his kick in the three it combo actually has good range.

oh yeah here somthing weird: in brawl if you dash forward then press the stick to the opposite side you think like in melee that he would turn around without stopping to run right? however its seemed liked it was removed since when you do that you only stop. HOWEVER I found out with sonic (I only tried with him) if you double tap the dash (while initiating the dash) you can actually turn normaly back and forth just as a slower dash dance. I didn't get to test much as I found that late. It might be possible to crouch cancel that run. Or maybe we can crouch cancel if we tap down twice...

anyway ask question if you've got some... if I can answer I'll tell you

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
@Damax: You mentioned his up smash not being that great, but have you tried running, and going into an up smash? Just curious, because I heard he covers a good distance while starting up the attack. Looked like that would make it useful.

Damax

Smash Lord
@Damax: You mentioned his up smash not being that great, but have you tried running, and going into an up smash? Just curious, because I heard he covers a good distance while starting up the attack. Looked like that would make it useful.
yeah it does, but other than for racking damage it is USELESS it will never ever lead into another move or KO, only possibility is to chase with up air after wards. however the up air seemed unreliable as a KO move since you had to get a good timing or a sweet spot hit to kill around 120 or wait till 150-160 so at 120 it might be best to moonwalk a back air or dash pivot grab into back air.

about sonic throws: his up throw can get you two throw on heavy characters like Ike at 0-10%

his down throw seemed to have decent dmg but wasn't for KOing at all. no combo possibilities other than to tech chase with a dash attack

the back throw was great and could KO or set up for an edgeguard, I usually ended up using this one

the front throw is WEIRD, he does a big kick and it lauches the opponent almost straight upbut a bit to the side. it can be good to follow with a fair at low percentage.

Repryx

Smash Champion
OMG 20 HRS TILL I GET TO TASTE GREATNESS AHHHH (and Sushi 4 the second time in my life) Ive got a taste aversion 4 it tho...hope I dont puke....

Repryx

Smash Champion
Oh....Id Rather prefer Chilidogs but apparantly I HAVE to eat $8.99 Sushi to play Brawl....Im looking as it as a way to overcome my aversion and be rewarded

SonicMario

Smash Master
I find it funny how you said Chili Dogs (Since Sonic in the cartoons love those)

And Repryx, when you do review Sonic's Final Smash. Don't just summarize it in 1-2 sentences. I want a detailed review, and make sure to practice. Not "I tried it once, sucked with it, therefore this one sucks". Have it more like "Hard at 1st, got used to it. Good/Great Final Smash" only more detailed.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^ Hey Im In AP Lit dont worry about it....Key things Im looking for is

Stability(Inertia cancel)

Power

Speed

Best Usage

Weaknessess

Time of Transformation

I will write a mini essay on these factors

Hey Who Gave you 1-2 Sentences?

(ILL HAVE MY NOTEBOOK WITH ME)

Repryx

Smash Champion
OMG I CANT WAIT! Hey SM what If I have a Seizure from epicness? what should I do about the review?

Repryx

Smash Champion
My Friend @ school got it (Gotta Love High School) and he is interested in seeing my performance....SO I get to go over and play Also he is my friend!

and I read Naruto....GO ITACHI!!! DOOO IT DOO IT!

Im skipping play practice 4 it tho *shhh*

IM THE LUCKIEST PERSON TO NOT HAVE BRAWL BUT TO RANDOMLY KNOW A GUY WHOSE MOM WENT TO GET IT FOR HIM ALIIIIIIIVVVVEEEE!!!

this is like a "goodbye senior" present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom