• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I live in MD near D.C! lolz Hopefully I can record...

Sonic the Edgeguard

Pit the General

Ike the.....DBZ PWNERRRERRR

Lucario the Kamehameha MASTER BLASTER!!!! lolz

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
A bit late for the topic I am, but I'd like to unload this.

Does everyone know Guilty Gear? Does everyone know Sol's Dragon Install?

What if that became the new Super Sonic? Maybe not aesthetically, of course, but practically? Not even just in brawl, but in the franchise at large. He could become playable in levels again, and I don't think it's too much work for Sonic Team.:laugh:

Wow I haven't been to this thread in a long a** time. It used to be my home thread o_O

Anywayz: Can someone fill me in? Sonic looks really fast, but weak. Is there like a list of how Sonic is?
There is. I'll link you the page in a sec.

Here's an informative one. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142129

A top-level Sonic in action. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141719

And a birthday present from Chibo Sempai. It's all about playing Sonic competitively.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142379

Required reading.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
A bit late for the topic I am, but I'd like to unload this.

Does everyone know Guilty Gear? Does everyone know Sol's Dragon Install?

What if that became the new Super Sonic? Maybe not aesthetically, of course, but practically? Not even just in brawl, but in the franchise at large. He could become playable in levels again, and I don't think it's too much work for Sonic Team.:laugh:

There is. I'll link you the page in a sec.

Here's an informative one. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142129

A top-level Sonic in action. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141719

And a birthday present from Chibo Sempai. It's all about playing Sonic competitively.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142379

Required reading.
Oh thanks. Sonic's just how I thought he'd be, just like what I said when I used to be here all the time (BTW, hi Dyce!) sorta weak, but can combo really well.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hi Repryx (lolz)

But you already know you can only review One final Smash. Because it seems you want to go over Sonic, Pit, Ike, etc.

But if you want, I guess a prize can be in order since your the very 1st reviewer. You get to choose a 2ND Final Smash to review. Just as a "Congratulations, your the 1st reviewer". So after Sonic's, just choose another character to review and then you can do it! Don't you feel special?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Hi Repryx (lolz)

But you already know you can only review One final Smash. Because it seems you want to go over Sonic, Pit, Ike, etc.

But if you want, I guess a prize can be in order since your the very 1st reviewer. You get to choose a 2ND Final Smash to review. Just as a "Congratulations, your the 1st reviewer". So after Sonic's, just choose another character to review and then you can do it! Don't you feel special?
ZOMG<<<I never say that you know Im excited

Hrrmmmmm What will it be? General? DBZ COMBO??? MASTER BLASTER KAMEHAMEHA OMGWTFBBQ???

FIND OUT....ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF REPRXY(when you switch the X & Y it sounds like Repryx Z! lolz)

Thank you Sire...I wont Dissapoint you!

SonicMario

Smash Master
My pleasure. Maybe the thread will get more publicity as it gets it's 1st 1-2 reviews.

I will even put in the title "VERY 1ST REVIEWS". Haha

(Actually we need to get back to Sonic, Even if Super SOnic is one of them. Final Smash isn't exactly hedgehog talk)

Sonic FTW

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yes Sire....Im expecting that after 15 mins I can grasp sonic based on what I have heard...and seen. I know what to look out for and how to use the dash...Im gonna figure out how to use the mechanics of his B moves....

Garuda

Smash Ace
Sonic the Edgehog
Now, doesn't that sound more ideal?:)

EDIT: Oh, and thanks to anyone who said my sig is good. I did very short work on it, like all my other sigs of course. I'm no PhotoShop expert, but I know what I want, and it'd be hard to express details to another artist and make it exactly how I want it.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Your Sig IS nice....therefore....you owe us $34 lolz JK how did you make that background?

Garuda

Smash Ace
I......... omg, I don't even remember! But I do recall using the ripple effect, then using gradients, messing around with the blending, I dunno. It was from another background that I made before, so it's hard to remember.

Hm... Sonic's costumes haven't changed, but even though they looked far too similar at E For All, it seems, in the higher-quality gameplay videos hosted nowadays, that they're actually reasonably different-looking. Kind of stupid to only change Sonic's spines (I'm tired and not sure if that's the right word) by a little bit though.

EDIT: Further remembered: I made it so there were two rippled backgrounds, each layer being one different color. Then I changed both of their general blending to 50% I think. And then, on one of the layers, I flipped the image horizontally. Can't make the ripple effect too obvious. And behind them, a plain black background.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Where is the Hi Repryx??? Grr.....
Haha
Hi Repryx? Guess it's 'cause I never really talked to you when I used to be here all the time...XD
Hey ylink_underestimated! How've you been? Where'd you even go?

Good news! Toon Link is in Brawl! You've got your main back!
I've been good. I started getting more active on the WW Link thread, then Toon Link got confirmed hahaha

Yup! Too bad he's still cloney...he could've one of the most unique characters in the game...oh well. He's still gonna be my main! Sonic will be one of the characters I play most (like Doc in Melee :))!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ill say it again, Repryx you lucky *******.
HEhehe I talked to him this morning and he said he needs 150 more matches to unlock sonic....meaning Im probably gonna get 75 of those mmatches with Pit then get 75 more @ the end of the day w/ sonic!

School ends @ 2:10

its 10:05 now.....4 hrs and 5 mins!!!!

SK PINCH ME!!!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Or maybe through Classic with 10 characters.
When I get Brawl, I will play through with 9 random characters and then play as Mario to unlock Sonic. It just seems all the more fitting to challenge Sonic as Mario. then any other character anyway.

(Although it will be less epic, because I will probably choose the lowest difficulty possible XD. But as long as I can control Sonic, It's all good.)

Sonic will be my most used character. Probably more then I do Pikachu in Melee and 64 (Since I used him in both the most)

And SiegK, I hope you will be able to get SiD's picture soon. Because I'm suffering a withdrawal for one of your comics! (Remember the Full Roster revealed comic we were gonna do?)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, since there's no question and answer thread, I'll put my question here.

How strong is Sonic's uair? I heard from E for All reports that it is one of Sonic's kill moves, but I haven't seen it used in any videos.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
He said UAir, not his up b. His UAir seemed to be nerfed from e for all, but it still looks like a good move. The knockback just doesn't seem as high. In the one video with LuCKy vs Gimpy, he kills his Bowser at less than 110% if I remember right. They were really high up above the stage though. Either way, it was pretty.

Damax

Smash Lord
Well, since there's no question and answer thread, I'll put my question here.

How strong is Sonic's uair? I heard from E for All reports that it is one of Sonic's kill moves, but I haven't seen it used in any videos.
Sonic up air is good, but won't KO before 150, its most likely that sonic will have a hard time killing upwards.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
He said UAir, not his up b. His UAir seemed to be nerfed from e for all, but it still looks like a good move. The knockback just doesn't seem as high. In the one video with LuCKy vs Gimpy, he kills his Bowser at less than 110% if I remember right. They were really high up above the stage though. Either way, it was pretty.
That video was amazing!! And I just thought of the coolest mindgame. All you have to do is Up B (to lay the spring) at a spot where your opponent will likely follow, like the end of a tech, out of shield, ect. Then just uair them when they're stuck following you up (you should be able to attack by then). The up B's height makes it even easier for the Uair to kill.

Someone should try this.:)

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a good way to kill some noobs and perhaps if u run straight at them and use up b it would be more likly seeing how everyone is running back and forth in most matches

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
What I'm really interested in is using your Up B out of shield to punish shielded attacks. What exactly happens if you up B when someone is right next to you? (as in, they're where the spring will appear) Will they go up at the same time, or will you still reach the peak first (and thus be able to attack first).

Repryx

Smash Champion
Hey Guys Good News Im staying the night at his HOUSE!!! IM GONNA HAVE SOOO MUCH TIME TO WRITE THIS FINAL SMASH THINGY THE GAME IS ORGASMIC!!!! AHHHHHHHH

*Seizure from Epicness*

ITS OVER 9000!!!

But yeah Ill have the reports written round 3:00 SM!

Damax

Smash Lord
Sonic wave and chaindude: you actually sounds like noobs right now. I think it was even said on the dojo that you had to JUMP on the spring in order to use it if you are not Sonic. Running on the spring won't make anyone jump high.

The UP B does NO damage if used on the ground. Shield grabs are more than enough for now it this game, no need for up B out of shields really

All the up b spring can do is act as a weak projectile as it falls, I was able to screw up ivysaur's tether recovery that way.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^You see, I didn't remember that they had to jump to use the spring. Well, that idea went down the drain.

Also, there's nothing on the DOJO that says the other characters have to jump to use the spring. Since there was nothing there, I just assumed that anyone who ran onto the spring would automatically use it. The point wasn't to deal damage with the up B, the point was to use the spring to launch them into the air very high and completely helpless. Sorry for speculating about ways to get better [/sarcasm].

So can anyone else confirm that you actually have to press jump in order to use the spring, because as you can see, Damax didn't have the most credible information (considering his statement that it was on the dojo was outright FALSE).

Damax

Smash Lord
^^You see, I didn't remember that they had to jump to use the spring. Well, that idea went down the drain.

Also, there's nothing on the DOJO that says the other characters have to jump to use the spring. Since there was nothing there, I just assumed that anyone who ran onto the spring would automatically use it. The point wasn't to deal damage with the up B, the point was to use the spring to launch them into the air very high and completely helpless. Sorry for speculating about ways to get better [/sarcasm].

So can anyone else confirm that you actually have to press jump in order to use the spring, because as you can see, Damax didn't have the most credible information (considering his statement that it was on the dojo was outright FALSE).
oopsie my bad for saying so. the fact I played the game and you not already makes me more credible than you do. I've read it somewhere nonetheless. Prolly a gimpyfish post. You don't have to press jump, you have to JUMP on it.

I've read it somewhere, who cares where as long as its the truth who cares.

Jump traps would have been really really gay.

SonicMario

Smash Master
WOW. That's good SiegK! LOL Godly Ganondorf. SiD will love that. Is it gonna be colored sometime?

You should eventually get all 10 Major members drawings and then put them in one SSS pose. But maybe that should be saved after a comic or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom