• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
Is that really a paradox?

...By certain theories of time travel especially, changing the future itself wouldn't be a problem...

Unless that means the future as in the present...
Looks like someone isn't an MGS fan. >_>

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have no idea who Silver is and I am a Sonic fanboy (mostly old school though). As an old school fan I want Tails if any Sonic character makes it besides him. (I noticed most the old schoolers from Genesis prefer Tails while the new Sonic fans want Shadow).

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I can't stand either Tails nor Shadow. Tails is just a whiny little girly fox, and Shadow is too full of himself in all of the games he is in.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Most the characters whined in Sonic Adventure 2, but I mostly played the old school Genesis. Sonic Adventure 2 is the only new school game I have played.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Tails Got Me Killed in The Original Sonic Multiple times by Killing enemies I was gonna jump on to cross gaps and such

volbound1700

Smash Master
Tails only messed me up in special stage, other then that he was helpful, especially on bosses. If you can get a 2nd person to be tails on bosses, all you have to do is stand there and let Tails kill the boss. Tails is invincible so it makes the boss fight pointless.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Tails only messed me up in special stage, other then that he was helpful, especially on bosses. If you can get a 2nd person to be tails on bosses, all you have to do is stand there and let Tails kill the boss. Tails is invincible so it makes the boss fight pointless.
Only reason Tails was good in those games was when 2-player controlled Tails, as you said. Then if the person playing as Tails was also good, then it was like a double attack!

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Its safe to say every character is going to appear in this game in some form now, however if Tails and Knuckles end up as cheap stickers I will murder Sakurai thus putting a end to SSBB mwhahahaha....

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind seeing Tails in his mech suit/plane from SA2B to add a little flavor. Maybe have a Zamus esque final smash where he loses his armor.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Dont Say Eggman...The Correct term is Robotnik...Dr. Robotnik to be exact

whats the Pun in the Names?

Phoenix_Rising

Smash Cadet
Oh man I completely forgot about this thread. You guys have been sorta tucked in a corner here after Sonic got confirmed huh.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles WOULD be a lot more suited for a game such as SSBB. I think I'd prefer to see him in it more than any other Sonic char, even if it is just as an Assist Trophy.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Dont Say Eggman...The Correct term is Robotnik...Dr. Robotnik to be exact

whats the Pun in the Names?
Robotnik his is family name, he prefer to be called Eggman.
His full name is Dr.Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, like Tails full name is Miles "Tails" Prower.
Both term are correct, I don't care if people call him Eggman or Robotnik they both are correct as Eggman his only a nickname anyway.

Pun in Tails name:
Miles Prower = Miles Per hour

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Eggman was ORIGINALLY Eggman in Japan. When he came to America they thought it would be better to give him a more "villain" sounding name. They later decided to use Eggman more commonly, though the Americas still refer to it is as "properly" Dr. Ivo Robotnik.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Robotnik was also based on the Cold War (You know, like the nik in Sputnik). So it was more appealing to people that still had vendetta with the russkies'. But none of that mattered once Russia became a little more friendly (At least until recently with their president) with the U.S. So they made the name global. Although I don't quite understand why Peach changed from Toadstool to Peach, besides the Pink part.

Repryx

Smash Champion
IDC RObotnik just fits better withthe Genesis boss music...But then Again Eggman fits with the music now cuz there are lyrics sayin "I AM THE EGGMAN" in the background lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom