• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A thought on SOnic in SSE...Some people want to see Mario & Sonic team...Wouldn't it be funny if you selected the wrong character at the begging when they are separated and you were stuck with Kirby and Mario team!

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
i dunno about sonic. some people are saying he is too fast and is awkward to play as. personally, i like speed because my old main was Falco, but his smash moves seem to have limited range.

ill have to test him out myself. i'd say the other contendors for mains ATM are Fox and Diddy. hopefully falco will be back though.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
No. I just find it disturbing that a blue hedgehog from a video game is better than a girl in real life.
But...it's not...we were....

...you know what joking is right? Fantasy? Role play? Humour? Satire? SONIC???

Dude lighten up, if we wanna JOOOKE about Sonic in our sexual fantasies then let us.

(Okay that last sentence was maybe a bit too far..)

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
But...it's not...we were....

...you know what joking is right? Fantasy? Role play? Humour? Satire? SONIC???

Dude lighten up, if we wanna JOOOKE about Sonic in our sexual fantasies then let us.

(Okay that last sentence was maybe a bit too far..)
Dude, calm down. Lol SiD is just pulling ur chain, he does that. Its funny, hes cool.
WHATS UP SiD!?!?!?!?
Fellow SSS, what did you think of my Chuck Falcon? No one seems to like it enough to comment, But I think its funny. After I color it, Im going to Make another Smash Parody Character.
Ike, C.Falcon, Sonic Next?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Either it's he's excited for halloween. Or he is just joking that Sakauri would put a special update on that day. IDK you can't really guess SiegK's intentions by his posts >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That'd be so FREAKIN cool if on Halloween, according to your Wii's clock, the characters in the game wore costumes.
If they looked Kingdom Hearts Nightmare before Christmas style...I would leave it on Halloween year 'round

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
HellZ yeah, I think a good third of the country is watching it right now. This movie rocks. What was your take on the Corpse Bride?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
HellZ yeah, I think a good third of the country is watching it right now. This movie rocks. What was your take on the Corpse Bride?
Corpse Bride was entertaining, but nothing really memorable. Basically it was just REALLY nice to look at. That's just me though.

TNBC is stellar, though a little overrated. I'm going to see it on Friday in theaters (you know, in 3-D). It's gonna be great.

*mind wanders*

Oh yeah, Halloween costumes in Brawl. *****in'. Sonic in a vampire costume! I'm thinking it would/should only work on Smashville though.

And if they confirmed Halloweentown as a stage on Halloween (or any day really), I would lose my ****. They won't, but if they did. . . .

Garuda

Smash Ace
HEY! Don't you be questionin' my sexuality. Dat bestiality... mmm, good stuff.

... yes, kidding.

And no, I wouldn't have a blue hedgehog be a higher priority than a really hot girl... but a brown hedgehog, maybe.

Kidding again.

I did not look and see that there was a Sonic in SSE topic, so forgive me for bringing that up. But anyway, I saw a video of Sonic doing what seems to be his fair, where he spins the way Pikachu does. That move looked strangely cool.

RDK

Smash Hero
TNBC is stellar, though a little overrated. I'm going to see it on Friday in theaters (you know, in 3-D). It's gonna be great.
I agree on that.

I think, though, when it comes to some movies being a little overrated, what I like to call the "degenerating time factor" kicks in.

Say you watch a movie a lot as a kid, or a long time ago. You love the movie, you think it's great, and you spend your whole childhood through teen years thinking it's a good movie. Then, after a few years, you watch it again, and some of the magic is gone. Some parts aren't exactly how you remembered them to be. It's a lot shorter.

I think our minds create their own little universes, and sometimes extrapolate things (I.E., movies) and bend them into something different than what really was.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Never saw it, but it looked cool.

Thats cool but its sad you were even on that channel...
Where I live, Disney Channel is 31, Cartoon Network is 32. It's not uncommon to pass over Disney Channel from time to time.

But South Park is on now (channel 50). I'll be back later. :chuckle:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I agree on that.

I think, though, when it comes to some movies being a little overrated, what I like to call the "degenerating time factor" kicks in.

Say you watch a movie a lot as a kid, or a long time ago. You love the movie, you think it's great, and you spend your whole childhood through teen years thinking it's a good movie. Then, after a few years, you watch it again, and some of the magic is gone. Some parts aren't exactly how you remembered them to be. It's a lot shorter.

I think our minds create their own little universes, and sometimes extrapolate things (I.E., movies) and bend them into something different than what really was.
That's actually really true. Watching that movie today, it seems different than the one I watched as a kid. From the time I first watched it, I basically just kept the things I liked about it (mostly the overall aesthetic of the town and the characters) and had that encompass my whole idea of the movie. The plot itself isn't exactly award-winning. To this day, I watch the movie to LOOK at it, more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom