• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
The Nintendo conference is taking place in Tokyo tomorrow, I still fail to see why they would reveal it here.
Because even if Nintendo didn't reveal it to the world personally, some saint out there would leak picture-phone images of Sonic to the rest of us. Sakurai knows this, so he's giving everything to the world all at once.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dedede and Ridley are more popular, well... maybe not Ridley, but i bet Dedede is more popular than Sonic.

SiD

Smash Master
Nothing's more popular than Sonic, some people just can't vote for him cause he runs by too fast, that's all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Source/proof or did you just pull that outta thin air like most people here?
Source to Sonic is the most wanted character...Everything says Sonic is the most wanted 3rd party...

HOwever, everyone knows Dedede will be in an should be in since Smash 64...Just look on the poll for Dedede in first place. ('corse Sonic wasn't on the poll so ya can't really compre with that)

I think your just pulling your info from the air if you don't know of Dedede's popularity

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Source to Sonic is the most wanted character...Everything says Sonic is the most wanted 3rd party...

HOwever, everyone knows Dedede will be in an should be in since Smash 64...Just look on the poll for Dedede in first place. ('corse Sonic wasn't on the poll so ya can't really compre with that)

I think your just pulling your info from the air if you don't know of Dedede's popularity
He still sucks.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Overall, Sonic is way more popular... he has his own series... DeDeDe and in fact the Kirby series don't have the sells or popularity of Sonic.

However for Brawl, Dedede may be more popular... not sure.

SiD

Smash Master
Kabyk, 999 posts. Uh oh, party time?

Anyway, Sonic > Anyone. Psycho = opinionated. SiD = God. Everthing God says = Trufax.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why are so many people supporting NsaNya... Is it really possible the guy is telling the truth? Usually when I hear these claims, the people just get flamed to death and then turn out false in the long run.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
5 more hours..... If I stay up tonight and find out you're lying, Nya.... grrrr.... Bowser kill you.

Revven

FrankerZ
Why are so many people supporting NsaNya... Is it really possible the guy is telling the truth? Usually when I hear these claims, the people just get flamed to death and then turn out false in the long run.
The reason is simple. It's completely resonable and possible for Nintendo to do such a thing to generate hype for the game. The last hype train that was press/publicly released was the Nintendo World trailer (ignoring all the DOJO!! updates by the way as that isn't as nearly 'publicy' as the trailer was). It's a completely reasonable idea to say Sonic will be revealed tonight.

By the way, the conference is in Japan therefore it would take place around about 11 PM - 1 AM EST because that was the last conferences' time we got the information from. I could be wrong though and that we might actually not get it until tomorrow night. Honestly, I hope it's tonight, I don't think I could take the anxiousness within me...:psycho:

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
Heres my idea for sonic in Brawl - What if the makers of sonic games see sonic's sucess in Brawl, a fighting game, and say " Hey, we should make another sonic fighting game!" yeah, Sonic for Brawl, but developers better not screw up the rest of his games

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dedede is MUCH more popular than Sonic, Sonic is the most whanted third Party, King Dedede is the whanted CHARACTER for Brawl, there are many sonic haters, there is no such a thing as a Dedede hater.

Come on, Even in that fight club Ridley who is not as popular as dedede got more votes than Sonic. And dedede is 10 times more popular than ridley.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Now I want to stay up to see if its true. What time does the website update? Midnight? Or 2:00?

SiD

Smash Master
Dedede is MUCH more popular than Sonic, Sonic is the most whanted third Party, King Dedede is the whanted CHARACTER for Brawl, there are many sonic haters, there is no such a thing as a Dedede hater.

Come on, Even in that fight club Ridley who is not as popular as dedede got more votes than Sonic. And dedede is 10 times more popular than ridley.
First off, Sonic got more votes than Ridley. ;)

Second, it's possible that dedede is more wanted in Brawl, but he is not more popular overall.

And think about it this way, the more supporters a character has the more haters they'll have also. Plus, Sonic being third party makes alot of people brush him off for Brawl. Therefore, I have strong reason to believe Sonic love > Dedede love anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First off, Sonic got more votes than Ridley. ;)

Second, it's possible that dedede is more wanted in Brawl, but he is not more popular overall.

And think about it this way, the more supporters a character has the more haters they'll have also. Plus, Sonic being third party makes alot of people brush him off for Brawl. Therefore, I have strong reason to believe Sonic love > Dedede love anyway.
Of course it was about who is more popular to get into Brawl...that's what I have been talking about the entire time...Anyway, that whole more people love more people hate doesn't work with every character, such as the case with Dedede

SiD

Smash Master
Of course it was about who is more popular to get into Brawl...that's what I have been talking about the entire time...Anyway, that whole more people love more people hate doesn't work with every character, such as the case with Dedede
That's such a cop out, I give an argument and you say "no, that doesn't apply to this character." Give me a reason or drop the argument.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's such a cop out, I give an argument and you say "no, that doesn't apply to this character." Give me a reason or drop the argument.
Because no one has started an Anti-Dedede thread...

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Gamefaqs poll have demonstrated that Sonic ---> King Dedede ---> Ridley, I don't care if you refuse to believe in gamefaqs for me it spell it well.
Sonic is more worldwide known then King Dedede he's a gaming icon, King Dedede is no such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom