• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yea i edited post

sonic for brawl
k

i really like the switch idea! i almost forgot about that itme in versus. Imagine how cool this would be in smash....someone is about to take a falcon punch when all of the sudden they are switched and someone else takes it!!:chuckle: Nice +1 MR. WIGZ

Sinn

Smash Lord
The red and green shells are actually quite different in function, aside from the whole red shell following people thing. The green shell hits a lot harder than the red one...I like it almost as much as Bo-bombs for throwing at people..

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Red and Green Shell are same with slight differences, same as the three bumbers seen in Smash Bros games, and PokeBalls/Assist T. (sorta) Lol. I can see it working.
imnot sayin its impossible to have both, id just rather see one or the other. preferably the spped shoes, i never liked the bunny hood

SiD

Smash Master
Holy crap, the update tonight is going to change the way Brawl is played, at least for certain characters. Hopefully won't be as unbalanced as it could be.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I wholeheartedly concur. Though...these characters are the only ones so far with wings, yes? Who else could they theoretically make do this from the previous game? Falco in the event he returns? Mario with his cape? Mewtwo with his...evil...I can float powers? Yoshi with his.....I'm SUPPOSED to be able to fly powers?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wholeheartedly concur. Though...these characters are the only ones so far with wings, yes? Who else could they theoretically make do this from the previous game? Falco in the event he returns? Mario with his cape? Mewtwo with his...evil...I can float powers? Yoshi with his.....I'm SUPPOSED to be able to fly powers?
Only if Yoshi eats a blue turtle shell...

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
that's not half bad, the update today. I like that update. I expect that for the ability to glide with other characters, you'd need an item. most probably the feather from Super Mario World, or even Roc's Cape from Zelda.

anyway, I've gotta go set up a tent. my birthday celebration today is camping out. So long dudes!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Quick, help me think of other characters who could have wings and exploit this new mechanic too O_O

Oh right, Sonic thread...

Uh...SONIC SHOULD GLIDE AS SUPER SONIC.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Yeah but Knuckles can use his gliding ability to slowly descend,he doesn't have flight mastery like Tails does.
So i doubt he could pull out those moves from the updates,but Tails could being a flying character and all.
Still there's no hope for them to be in this game unless they end up as assist,too bad because i like them more then Sonic.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
is this still in the subject of Tails and Knuckles being in Brawl? i dont wanna go back pages right now cuz im being lazy...but if it is, the only hope of them in Brawl is if they become ATs (which i really hope they do). Tails could do some sort of spinning tails thing across the stage and Knux could glide across and punch the nearest opponent away (these are just quick brainstorms for the moment, anyone right now could think of some better ideas, cuz like i said: im being lazy right now XD)
@HolyNightmare: WHAA?! u favor the both of them over SONIC?!?! jkjk ive always liked Sonic himself since the beginning. you'd expect me to favor Shadow over Sonic (if u REALLY know me; note that im not emo), but nope. its all about Sonic, n besides, Shadow story of himself i think basically finished in his game (Shadow the Hedgehog of course)

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'm suprised that no one has touched on the subject of Metal Sonic. I know many would see him as a Sonic clone, but really he can be quite different. for example, the Black Shield move, first seen in SA2, could be a down B. a B attack could be a laser beam, or an electrical discharge.

but yeah, Knuckles would be a good subject to gliding.

Sinn

Smash Lord
It would be amazing for the designers to have that kind of foresight. Especially considering how all the item changes about the character's appearance is their texture, but...it's still fun to think about <3

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
yea that would be cool. makes me think of old ******** idea for PT (wut if costume changes turn the pokemon to the other gens: man that sounds so stupid now...)

Sonic 4 Brawl
then they would be different pokemon................

sakurai gave us a hint
knuckles is going to be in brawl...he can glide and tether recover will be his up B he will use the rings from knuckles choatix http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Knuckles_Chaotix_Box.jpg

knuckles for brawl

NOT!!

Vali

Smash Ace
then they would be different pokemon................

sakurai gave us a hint
knuckles is going to be in brawl...he can glide and tether recover will be his up B he will use the rings from knuckles choatix http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Knuckles_Chaotix_Box.jpg

knuckles for brawl

NOT!!
Erm...why would a character that has one of his main abilities as being able to climb walls need a tether recovery? The ring from Knuckles Chaotix also needs 2 people to use.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Erm...why would a character that has one of his main abilities as being able to climb walls need a tether recovery? The ring from Knuckles Chaotix also needs 2 people to use.
his wall climbing ability would be cool but he's not going to be playable...............i was joking thats why i put the borat "NOT"

Vali

Smash Ace
his wall climbing ability would be cool but he's not going to be playable...............i was joking thats why i put the borat "NOT"
Thought that was just for the "Knuckles for Brawl" bit. :( (If playable) He could definitely work with his B^ as Glide though, with the added bonus (since it's a B move and not a standard) that any surface he glides into he could scale up and down. However Knuckles inclusion = no no so it's rather pointless discussing it. ;D

SiD

Smash Master
Hey guys, just remembered I'd made a Shadow tribute a bunch of months ago after I finished Sonic 06. So for those of you that like shadow and feel like watching a video, here is the URL:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbUAqv5_HC8

The song is "Vindicated", which I thought would be a good fit for Shadow after hearing it on Spiderman 2's credits.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Borat was funny, but there were some really disturbing parts...(that Pamela Anderson part was really funny tho hahaha; was that part fake or real tho?)
Knuckles
B: Hammer Punch (SA2) - Punches the ground and makes a huge shockwave around him. In air, Meteor Smash!
<>B: Megaton Hook (Battle) - Punches straight forward then ends with a hook punch movement. Moves him forward like Jiggs' Pound. Helps set up attacks.
^B: Spiral Upper (SA2) - Does a spin punch straight up like in SA2. Goes as high as Roy's Flare Up.
vB: Major Eruption (Battle) - Digs into the ground and uppercuts the nearest opponent. In air, he goes straight down then digs.
Final Smash: Thunder Arrow (SA2) Meteor Crush (Battle) Combo - With his left hand, Knux unleashes his Thunder Arrow attack from SA2, and with his right, he unleashes the Meteor Crush attack from Battle. Both attacks come from the air, but in Brawl, they are hella strong XD
sorry got bored and made a Knux moveset...flame me if u want.

EDIT: SiD that Shadow tribute is sexy. i should show it to my friend, his favorite Sonic character is Shadow...

Vali

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just remembered I'd made a Shadow tribute a bunch of months ago after I finished Sonic 06. So for those of you that like shadow and feel like watching a video, here is the URL:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbUAqv5_HC8

The song is "Vindicated", which I thought would be a good fit for Shadow after hearing it on Spiderman 2's credits.
Not really my choice of music, or hedgehog for that matter, but watched it anyway. Considering both of the aforementioned factors, wasn't too bad! However by the looks of things, the amount of "Shadow the Hedgehog tribute" movies on youtube is a bit sickening. :urg:

SonicMario

Smash Master
So this # post isn't significant. But i wanted to do a little continuation of my 500th post paragraph story.

As the blue hedgehog is still running toward the light still goes... he sees other known heroes jumping and successfully going into the light. He saw a small monkey in a red hat, he saw a brave swordsman wielding a 2 hand sword in one hand, he even saw the lesser known Trainer of Pokemon hop into the light before him. Then he noticed he wasn't the only hero trying to chase it. In the distance he can see a blue humanoid figure with a arm cannon as his left hand. the hedgehog knew that either him & the cannon-handed blue figure can both go in or onlyy one of them can go in. Or if the light decided, it could easily boost much farther away and make it impossible for them to follow it. He saw also other shapes farther in the distance that are not from the Nintendo clan that originally the light only accepted until a military soldier by the name of a reptilian animal was set in from the Konami clan. He couldn't recognize what those figures were due to the distance, but it was clear they were competition that are not in Nintendo clan. the Blue hedgehog represents the Sega clan and wants to head into the light before someone else can claim the spot. he could tell the blue humanoid figure with one cannon arm was from the Capcom clan, a clan that is in equal fame as his. So the hedgehog hurries, he will not let this competition beat him... his cockiness giving him a wide grin and suddenly yelling "catch me if you can" to the other possible chasers...

(Note: that i am only applying to 3rd parties, no Nintendo characters are in the distance in the story. The Nintendo Newcomers are the ones he saw going in from only jumping. 3rd parties have to work harder to reach the light)

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
So this # post isn't significant. But i wanted to do a little continuation of my 500th post paragraph story.

As the blue hedgehog is still running toward the light still goes... he sees other known heroes jumping and successfully going into the light. He saw a small monkey in a red hat, he saw a brave swordsman wielding a 2 hand sword in one hand, he even saw the lesser known Trainer of Pokemon hop into the light before him. Then he noticed he wasn't the only hero trying to chase it. In the distance he can see a blue humanoid figure with a arm cannon as his left hand. the hedgehog knew that either him & the cannon-handed blue figure can both go in or onlyy one of them can go in. Or if the light decided, it could easily boost much farther away and make it impossible for them to follow it. He saw also other shapes farther in the distance that are not from the Nintendo clan that originally the light only accepted until a military soldier by the name of a reptilian animal was set in from the Konami clan. He couldn't recognize what those figures were due to the distance, but it was clear they were competition that are not in Nintendo clan. the Blue hedgehog represents the Sega clan and wants to head into the light before someone else can claim the spot. he could tell the blue humanoid figure with one cannon arm was from the Capcom clan, a clan that is in equal fame as his. So the hedgehog hurries, he will not let this competition beat him... his cockiness giving him a wide grin and suddenly yelling "catch me if you can" to the other possible chasers...

(Note: that i am only applying to 3rd parties, no Nintendo characters are in the distance in the story. The Nintendo Newcomers are the ones he saw going in from only jumping. 3rd parties have to work harder to reach the light)
this wasnt as interesting as the first one..........but arent all sequels that way??

Sinn

Smash Lord
I voted. Sonic is now ahead by two.

I thought about giving my vote to someone else, but all things considered...Sonic is THE character I want in Bawl simply for the significance of his rivalry to Nintendo throughout their history.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
ridleys going to be a boss character....he's too **** big...its like saying kraid should be a playable character

on topic: who should AT from sonic?\

EDIT: i voted for wolf..we need more playable villains

SonicMario

Smash Master
i thought it was interesting. i liked the descriptions (a monkey in a red hat XD). cool that Megaman was in there too haha. wut happened to Snake tho? was he like pushed out of the light? (originally [Snake] was accepted by the light) hahaa

Sonic 4 Brawl
Snake i already said. He was the "military soldier by the name of a reptialian animal".

I thought about giving my vote to someone else, but all things considered...Sonic is THE character I want in Bawl simply for the significance of his rivalry to Nintendo throughout their history.
Me too. Sonic deserves it for his rivalry with Mario. It's Sonic's fault that Nintendo actually HAD tough competition. Sonic is living proof that Nintendo wasn't always considered best. Just seeing Sonic in the game will boost sales of the game only because of all the gamers that lived through the Segtendo War (From 1991-2001). So now Sonic is ahead as the most popular wanted character on Smash Boards. Unless some crazy anti-sonic, pro-ridley n00bs come in and vote for ridley.

Oh and MR.WIGZ. You better not say that in the ridley thread, that is like pouring yourself in gasoline & going into a burning house. But then again what would be the hurt of posting once and saying it and make em all mad and never come back to the thread except to see Pro-Ridley reactions. And laugh at them;)

Sinn

Smash Lord
To be fair, Kraid was MUCH bigger than Ridley was. Like...easily three or four times his size, minimum. I don't think he's too big to be playable mainly since Bowser is larger in this game than he was in the last one. Ridley would probably not be much bigger than that.

EDIT: SonicMario, that's just something that he would do too...if he does, link me to it. I never really go in there anymore.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

Sinn, you realize you could have voted for more than one character right?

@MR. WIGZ-I think Knuckles would make the best AT from the Sonic series. Boy I wouldnt want to take a punch from that crazy idiot....Oh and I dare you to say that in the ridley thread lol

SonicMario

Smash Master
yea but i cant really picture ridley being playable..........

ps: who wants me to start a flame war??

sonic for brawl....and megaman!
You could do it and just not post again there. It'd be a slap in the face for them. They start getting mad at you and you never go back. heck i'd see the thread just to see their reactions. Vote 2 for MR.WIGZ starts flame war at Ridley thread. Just so you don't get banned WIGZ just post once or a few times. ;)ok?

EDIT: Oh and for weirdness, wouldn't Knuckles be similar to Knuckle Joe as an AT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom