• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Eggman and Robotnik may have started off as two different people, but thanks to Sonic Team, they are the "same" person. Same in quotes because old school Robotnik died a way long time ago. Eggman ( Today's "Robotnik" of course ) doesn't really deserve the tittle Robotnik. I found it interesting the ways they merged the two together in one. Sonic Adventure states that Sonic and his friends refer to him as Eggman, but his name is Robotnik. Back to Evilness(nessnessness), all Eggman does is build robots, take over lands and search for the Emeralds. How evil is that compared to Metal (Sonic) ? [Chaotix and Heroes being examples]

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing alot of people wanting Sonic in Brawl and alot of people not wanting him in it. So, what is the general average of everyone's opinion?

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I've been hearing alot of people wanting Sonic in Brawl and alot of people not wanting him in it. So, what is the general average of everyone's opinion?
hard to tell since almost everyone on this thread wants sonic, only sonic haters dont want him in he would be a great addition.

@red stone- tonight we get veteran

SiD

Smash Master
Eggman and Robotnik may have started off as two different people, but thanks to Sonic Team, they are the "same" person. Same in quotes because old school Robotnik died a way long time ago. Eggman ( Today's "Robotnik" of course ) doesn't really deserve the tittle Robotnik. I found it interesting the ways they merged the two together in one. Sonic Adventure states that Sonic and his friends refer to him as Eggman, but his name is Robotnik. Back to Evilness(nessnessness), all Eggman does is build robots, take over lands and search for the Emeralds. How evil is that compared to Metal (Sonic) ? [Chaotix and Heroes being examples]
Did you not read my last post?

Me said:
Seriously, you all talk like it was different games that they were in, but as I'm sure you know Eggman was always his name in japan. Sure, it sucks that they made it different in the first place, but they did, and wanted to rectify that. Deal with it.
See, they aren't separate characters, just one guy with identity issues.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
His First name is Ivo.
I doubt that we will ever get Sonic confirmed until Brawl is out and we unlock him.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Eggman and Robotnik may have started off as two different people, but thanks to Sonic Team, they are the "same" person.
No no no, always the same person. Japan just tends to make everyone silly.

Same in quotes because old school Robotnik died a way long time ago. Eggman ( Today's "Robotnik" of course ) doesn't really deserve the tittle Robotnik.
Yes he does. It's better than "E*****." That's right, I censored it.

I found it interesting the ways they merged the two together in one.
Merge who? They were always the same person.

Back to Evilness(nessnessness)
Please tell me that's a Sheep in the Big City reference. If it is, you win.

Eggman does is build robots, take over lands and search for the Emeralds. How evil is that compared to Metal (Sonic) ? [Chaotix and Heroes being examples]
This doesn't change the fact that Robotnik is and always will be the MAIN and MAJOR villian in the Sonic games and T.V. shows.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
AGHHH:mad:
Ok . . .*pant, pant* One more question/asumption, what have ya by the neck, *pant, pant*
Did old the school Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon air in Japan? If it did, did Sonic ( and friends ) actually call Robotnik "Eggman"?

Oh, DUDE YOU FAWKIN' RAWK! ! ! SHEEP RULES ! ! ! Man I miss that show.
"I'm gonna make some lemonade, I'm gonna make some lemonade, Lemonade, Lemonade, I'm gonna make some lemonade !"

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Oh, DUDE YOU FAWKIN' RAWK! ! ! SHEEP RULES ! ! ! Man I miss that show.
"I'm gonna make some lemonade, I'm gonna make some lemonade, Lemonade, Lemonade, I'm gonna make some lemonade !"
Heheh, I have the whole first season on my iPod.

Angry Scientist: "I have created a machine to be sucking up wool. I call it the steal wool machine."

General Specific: "Why would I need steel wool? I have a whole box of it in the pantry!"

AS: "No no no, not steel wool, it will steal wool."

GS: "How will steel wool help us capture the one sheep needed to power our sheep-powered ray gun?"

AS: "You are not in the getting of it. It will STEAL WOOL!"

So on and so forth.

GS: "Call out the Mad Scientist!

AS: "Angry Scientist! I am an ANGRY Scientist! Why is it that you are always in the remembering of the "Scientist" part, but never the "Angry" part?"

Angry Scientist had some pretty bad grammar.

Dude! Sheep for Brawl! How about that for a WTF character?

To end this post on-topic...

Sonic for Brawl.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am still stick with Sonic and Tails... going off the Melee rumor. However, Sonic will be one of the last characters announced... I don't see Nintendo mentioning him early.

SiD

Smash Master
What the hell dude? A rumor from years ago has convinced you that Tails will be in the game? Oh yeah, because Nintendo started the rumor right? Or wait, no, it was Sakurai right? Gosh, Tails won't be in it, deal with it already.

volbound1700

Smash Master
HAHA ruined by tails... lets hope tails is in it just so you will be owned... man I am bored... 20 more minutes until I get off.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
HAHA ruined by tails... lets hope tails is in it just so you will be owned... man I am bored... 20 more minutes until I get off.
Um...NO Tails in Brawl...

Sonic if anyone because he's the number 1 3rd party wanted in Brawl...

I doubt they would add anyone else...

Hell, Knuckles if they did

volbound1700

Smash Master
Someone acted like Sakura said that there would be 3 more after Snake. Megaman could also make the cut. I say we take that statement for a grain of salt, they could always change their mind or something come up between then or now (a major offer to add another character). I mean if Capcom came after their statement and offered them 2 million dollars to have Megaman in, it would be hard for Nintendo to resist.

shanus

Smash Hero
everytime i see the name eggman i want to punch myself in the face :-\

I hate hate hateeeee that name.

ANd as I said earlier, i think tails will be an assist trophy and not a playable character.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
wooow, i havent watched that show in a long a** time. the only thing i remember from it is that Oxy Moron thing (i have no clue as to why i only remember those :ohwell:)
n for the Eggman, Dr Robotnik thing: Doctor Robotnik is his real name, but Sonic Team ended up nicknaming him Eggman (hmm...i wonder why), n it ended up staying like that. In SA2, his grandfather's name was still Gerald Robotnik. Y they keep it as Eggman? IMO, his "evilness" got downgraded to being goofy for some reason, and Eggman sounds alot more goofy than Dr Robotnik (not that Robotnik is goofy). this is all my opinion, im not sure if everything i said is 100% accurate, so dont flame me for sounding stuped (yes i purposely put that cuz im fob XD)
n Tails: he might end up an AT; well i hope he ends up an AT, either with Knuckles or both as separate. i wouldnt mind too much if they werent in (along with Eggman being a boss in Subspace Emissary)

SiD

Smash Master
Someone acted like Sakura said that there would be 3 more after Snake. Megaman could also make the cut. I say we take that statement for a grain of salt, they could always change their mind or something come up between then or now (a major offer to add another character). I mean if Capcom came after their statement and offered them 2 million dollars to have Megaman in, it would be hard for Nintendo to resist.
Are you ********? Nintendo won't be getting paid to use 3rd party characters, it's the other way around. It's called licensing.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Actually. I Would LOVE to see Tails in Brawl, but i hope they dont put him in because they would **** him over so much and make him way too childish. I want the old Tails... back when he was cool.

And also, I know this next thing if off Sonic topic. But I want to bring it up and please dont get mad at me cause the Sonic thread will get right back on track as fast as i brought this small topic up and you know it will. I dont mean to hold ya up, but this is bugging me.

Smash Boards doesnt want any adult links on this site, even if a Poster gives a WARNING, for humor. But they have this Add at the front of the site...

I know for the most part, its not actually going to be scary. But the Add insinuates adult content.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually. I Would LOVE to see Tails in Brawl, but i hope they dont put him in because they would **** him over so much and make him way too childish. I want the old Tails... back when he was cool.

And also, I know this next thing if off Sonic topic. But I want to bring it up and please dont get mad at me cause the Sonic thread will get right back on track as fast as i brought this small topic up and you know it will. I dont mean to hold ya up, but this is bugging me.

Smash Boards doesnt want any adult links on this site, even if a Poster gives a WARNING, for humor. But they have this Add at the front of the site...

What the hell are you trying to say?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Well thx for the feed back, jsut wanted to see if some1 else noticed it. And what do u mean Tails isnt cool. Lol. Wne u were littlt you liked Tails. But Im not giving my hopes up for a 2nd Sonic character, Im still awing for Sonic. Lol. but I really have a good feeling hes in.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i just asked this in the mega man thread and got a great answer from Dyce, and though im sure its been discussed here, i havent seen it. WHat possible Sonic Items could you guys see in Brawl?

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
have the box's from sonic the hedge hog but instead it will have a ?, it can heal you depending on how many rings you got, invincibily, it could do damage to you, give you a bubble shield preventing one hit from any attack and it will make you switch spots with any character.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
um sonic items are on topic......

The speed shoes would be nice, but they would be almost identical to the bunny hood except for the jumping part

SiegK

Smash Champion
have the box's from sonic the hedge hog but instead it will have a ?, it can heal you depending on how many rings you got, invincibily, it could do damage, give you a bubble shield preventing one hit from any attack and it will make you switch spots with any character.
What the Hell are you talking about? We're talking about what Items might be in Brawl from Sonic's world. Im pretty sure thats on topic with a Sonic Thread. Unless Im WAY off.
*rolls eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom