• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Sorry, It is probable me, I am new to this board (1st day)... I post a lot when I am on but I am not on often...

I would be happy if Tails was even a trophy or assist as long as he is in games... but I have a feeling, mostly because of the Melee rumor, that he makes it.
What does the melee rumor have to do with anything? That wasn't started by Sakurai or Nintendo, it was just and April Fools joke.

Also, no StH was all about Shadow, hence the name.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
No, what he said.

At most Tails and/or Knuckles will be ATs. No more Sonic characters will be playable. And it's doubtful, but unless Sakurai takes NiGHTS, we won't have any more SEGA characters.
QFT.

No, what he said.

At most Tails and/or Knuckles will be ATs. No more Sonic characters will be playable. And it's doubtful, but unless Sakurai takes NiGHTS, we won't have any more SEGA characters.

QFT... again.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man. With school, I'm falling behind.

Also, don't be hating on the Chao. I admit that it sucked in SA1, especially since they were in the plot of the story, but most of my hours logged into SA2 was Chao raising, and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Then, when I learned of the Chao glitch, It became my drug.

Sonic Advanced 1 Chao Breeding sucked too, unless you have a Gameshark and import the Level 999999 in all stats godforsaken Chao into SA2, and watch it **** everything else.

With max stats on fly, the Chao actually fly UP.

But yeah, I've been waiting for the next good Sonic game to have an even more in depth Chao raising system...

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
....(smack smack) he can but he wont "assist" whoever....he is up sonics butt
QFT!
* Shot *
If Sonic makes it *cringes* Knuckles better make it. NOT A S S I S T. Newcomer. But that won't happen. It would be Neat to see NiGHTS in Brawl though. Perfect way to promote the fellow. He needs it. Don't want a repeat of NiGHTS into Dreams, ya know, NiGHTS not being as popular as Sonic, no sequals and such. And it'd add to the Flying Character roster!

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm not sure Sonic will be in Brawl. There was an interview IGN did about the Olympic Game, and it said this:

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

The article can be found here, in case you don't trust me. Sorry if it's been mentioned already.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Goopygoo, just to let you know, you probably shouldn't bring that up again... let's just say we had a... situation with that. But it's okay, you didn't know, just letting ya know.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Okay, well then. Forget I said anything.

Anyways, while I would personally want Knuckles rather than Sonic, I'm sure Sonic's going to be the Sega character. While nobody can say for sure who's getting in, I hope both Megaman and Sonic get in, if there's only two spots left.

SiD

Smash Master
Suspect, I hope you're not really delusional enough to think that Tails will be in Brawl as a playable character. If you would think about it logically, assuming you have basic common sense, you would see that there is 0% chance of that happening.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Well its on the same delusional level then thinking that Knuckles could get in this game,if a Sonic character is getting in this game is none other then the main character.
Tails and Knuckles at best are going to be assist trophies and probably appear has cameos in the levels that correspond to Sonic.
Would be nice to see Tails and Knuckles thought,they would greatly differ from Sonic in term of movesets especially Tails.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well its on the same delusional level then thinking that Knuckles could get in this game,if a Sonic character is getting in this game is none other then the main character.
Tails and Knuckles at best are going to be assist trophies and probably appear has cameos in the levels that correspond to Sonic.
Would be nice to see Tails and Knuckles thought,they would greatly differ from Sonic in term of movesets especially Tails.
QFT

Either those you suggested will be true or Tails & Knuckles will be only stickers or make no appearence or reference at all. Oh and about the sentence you have in your sig. That can be applied to the many 3D sonic games that are bad.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm not sure Sonic will be in Brawl. There was an interview IGN did about the Olympic Game, and it said this:

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

The article can be found here, in case you don't trust me. Sorry if it's been mentioned already.
YOu obviously forgot that Sakurai said that only he and he alone [or some big honcho at Nintendo] will announce the 3rd party characters. ;)

And take Tails to the Tails for Brawl discusison, because quite frankly he has little, if any hope. He's lame IMO anyways. XD

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Wow I came to see what's going on in this thread and it's complete chaos. lulz

I don't know who thinks Tails and Knuckles will be playable, but they're not going to be playable. Enough said.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow I came to see what's going on in this thread and it's complete chaos. lulz

I don't know who thinks Tails and Knuckles will be playable, but they're not going to be playable. Enough said.
This is nothing. You need to see this thread once a Anti-Sonic n00b comes here and posts.

ten

Smash Cadet
YOu obviously forgot that Sakurai said that only he and he alone [or some big honcho at Nintendo] will announce the 3rd party characters. ;)

And take Tails to the Tails for Brawl discusison, because quite frankly he has little, if any hope. He's lame IMO anyways. XD
Hey, Tails was cool back in the genesis games, before he became annoying. Knuckles ftw though because he's cooler than Tails and has better moves in general. But even Knuckles is becoming **** as of late. But like AAbatterie said, theres no way either of them is getting in Brawl.

Sonic 4 Brawl

Garuda

Smash Ace
I'm just curious, but where did you hear that only Nintendo would announce third-party characters?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I don't see why many people think that Shadow has a chance of being in this game,sure he got his own game and moves but he's still a clone.
Tails and Knuckles have more senority over him,they have been with Sonic since near the beggining not to mention both of them have games to themselves(Tails'Adventure&Knuckles Chaotix).
Is this board Anti-Sonic? I see alot of Sonic bashing in this board especially against Tails.

Yeah Tails hasn't been very good since they destroyed him in Sonic Heroes,but Knuckles also suffer from this.
Sega made him into some sort of clown for comic relief lately,its like he became Sonic sidekick n.2.
Even through all that crap i still like them both,should we really be blaming them or rather blame Sega for doing such a crappy job on them?

SiD

Smash Master
I don't have anything against tails other than his voice actor, I'm just saying that he won't be in Brawl. It's just not gonna happen.

Knuckles either.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ummm... wrong?

Doesn't work that way Johnknight. Sakurai still needs the rights from Sega to be able to use Sonic. He can't just decide one day: "Hey, the people want Sonic. I'll just give him to 'em!" There's a whole lotta legal action that must be taken before any 3rd party characters can be in a 1st/2nd party game.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
anyone who thinks another sonic character is going to be playable is shooting noob up the butt, sonic may not even be in the game nd asking/hoping for another character is pretty stupid.......

@del-- wtf is lulz is that the noob way of saying lol?

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why many people think that Shadow has a chance of being in this game,sure he got his own game and moves but he's still a clone.
Tails and Knuckles have more senority over him,they have been with Sonic since near the beggining not to mention both of them have games to themselves(Tails'Adventure&Knuckles Chaotix).
Is this board Anti-Sonic? I see alot of Sonic bashing in this board especially against Tails.

Yeah Tails hasn't been very good since they destroyed him in Sonic Heroes,but Knuckles also suffer from this.
Sega made him into some sort of clown for comic relief lately,its like he became Sonic sidekick n.2.
Even through all that crap i still like them both,should we really be blaming them or rather blame Sega for doing such a crappy job on them?
No...believe me when I say we like Sonic. I mean hell...more than half of us end our posts with "Sonic 4 Brawl" everytime.

Yes Tails and Knuckles both have seniority over Shadow but you seem to forget that he *seems* (Those asterixes (is that spelled right) are directed at you Vali; Don't bite me head off without paying attention to the seems in between asterixes) to have a bigger fanbase. Now whether or not that is because he is fresher than the other two, cooler than the other two, the other two have been made to look worse recently, or because SEGA seems to be putting more emphasis on him as a big player in the Sonic universe (I believe this latter reason is the main reason actually since SEGA seems to want to make hedgehogs look to be a superior race...that and Shadow being "The Ultimate Lifeform") is completely unknown as far as concrete facts goes.

BTW Shadow does have his own game and I'm so happy you just made me relive horrible memories of it. In fact let me make a small rant. Okay so Sonic is the main character of the Sonic series. The games in the 2D era were nothing short of spectacular, and his handhelds the same. 3D has not been Sonic's strong suit though although I personally enjoyed the Adventure games. The keyword to this is enjoyed. That does in no way mean I feel the games can hold a flame to his 2D games in the least; let that be perfectly clear! Where was I...oh yes; 3D games haven't been too good and neither have branch-offs. So then why in the hell, if you made a character who was, although lame and cliche (I believe that is how you put it Vali), still very enjoyable and quite popular, give him a branch-off of his own when you're branch-off record is 0-2!?!? Don't get me wrong I like Shadow, he's cool and is the rival that I believe Knuckles should have stayed as. Now don't get me wrong...he is very cliche, but come on how many characters throughout all video game and even cartoon/anime/comic/manga have had a darker and very similar antagonist (not always "bad") made of them?! Probably half I'd say. Hell even Superman has Bizarro right? Now yeah Shadow does strike you as Emo at first but he's got decent history to him and it makes for decent plot movement. My biggest problem with him was that he uses rocket shoes. He's only as fast as Sonic because of those! While playing the game Shadow the Hedgehog however I was OH SO FREAKIN LUCKY to get to use guns...yay. OMG why?!? Why would you make him use guns...the excuse we're given is that Shadow is not afraid to kill to accomplish his goals. What a load of crap. That's so dumb. They could have easily had him kill someone in a cinema...without a gun...to show that Shadow isn't afraid to kill. I was truly sickened by Shadow the hedgehog except for one thing...we find out that he can use chaos control (which Sonic and later Silver can use) WITHOUT the aid of an emerald. Okay...that's not too bad. Maybe they'll seperate him from just being a clone of Sonic and give him some different abilities. Well guess what. Sonic 06 comes out next and they did and did not follow this pattern. First off Sonic 06's first point will remain in my rant...So you can play as Shadow in Sonic 06 but guess what?!!??! He's the way he SHOULD"VE BEEN in his own game (minus a few annoying vehicle sections). That served to only piss me off even more about the abomination which is Shadow the Hedgehog (the game).

Now as for Sonic 06 Shadow played pretty good. His story was good too. Honestly I enjoyed playing as Sonic and Shadow very much...except for Shadow's vehicles that is. My biggest qualms about the game is that Sonic's levels should have less enemies than Shadows. That way Sonic's levels can focus all on speed, which is of course what Sonic the Hedgehog is all about (those extreme, uncontrollable speed sections of Sonic's BTW were freakin awesome). Shadow meanwhile should have more enemies in his levels than he already has so that they can use his abilities to their fullest. Shadow strikes me as someone who should be fighting off armies of robots with all his chaos control abilities (especially after watching his story mode final cinema
where he takes off the rings on his wrists which we find out serve as limiters to his power and then proceeds to trash the enemies in his path
). His homing attack changed too; now when he lands on an opponent you can press the a button repeatedly to cling to the enemy and combo them with repeated strikes. That new feature made his levels too easy since he killed everything so quick. Give the enemies Shadow fights more health or something. Sonic and Shadow are no longer the same and as such should not have levels that play the same. BTW...Silver...on a side note...while enjoyable due to the difference he brought, moved WAY TOO slow. That wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that he still has to cover the same amount of ground as Sonic and Shadow do.

Alright I guess I had a minirant right there too huh? Sorry about that. But as for Tails and Knuckles...yeah they've been made far worse recently. Why is Tails in a freakin robot? Tails used to be just as cool as Sonic...then he got a 6-year old voice (however to be fair Sonic's voice isn't that grand either...in fact no one's acting is that good. Shadow sounds kinda cool but his voice acting is probably the worst. Dr. Robotnik is probably the best done voice in the games and that is...for lack of a better word...sad.) and everyone started trashtalking him. Knuckles was no longer the sweet character everyone wanted to play either due to his levels being kinda boring...Don't get me wrong...I'm not hating...I personally believe if more time had been taken into constructing their respective playstyles that they could've been just as fun to play as Sonic's levels. However, Sonic was the primary focus when the Adventure series was made and Tails and Knuckles took a back seat. Then Shadow came out and they were pushed back further...SEGA made Tails and Knuckles look inferior to Sonic so if Shadow was supposed to rival Sonic then of course he would have to make them look like such too. It's sad really...I mean I like Shadow but I never wanted Tails and Knuckles to be pushed down and made less of what they used to be. Hell not just Tails and Knuckles but most of the other characters too. I mean with the exception of E123 and Blaze (from Sonic 06)...the hedgehogs are the only characters are enjoy playing as. I hope that's not suppose to be a theme for coming Sonic titles.

As for your last question...YES WE SHOULD BE BLAMING SEGA FOR RUINING THEM. Why? Because SEGA is a game developer who has been in the business for years. Their top priority should be the fans and from what I've seen they either have been ignoring us...or don't really like us.

SiD

Smash Master
Actually, Sega is a corporation, who's main goal is to make money. Is it ****ed up? Yes, but that's how they roll. Plus, I guarantee Sonic '06 got rushed, in order to be released for the 15th anniversary of Sonic. I think if they hadn't had a reason to release it quickly, it would've been a WAY better game.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Shadow having a bigger fanbase then Tails and Knuckles can still be debatable though,if your refering to the japanese polls which Shadow is 2nd in it,it doesn't usually means that it would be the same thing if they did a poll in America...Hell even Tails scored better then Knuckles in that poll,placing Knuckles in 4th position while he was 3rd.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Shadow having a bigger fanbase then Tails and Knuckles can still be debatable though,if your refering to the japanese polls which Shadow is 2nd in it,it doesn't usually means that it would be the same thing if they did a poll in America...Hell even Tails scored better then Knuckles in that poll,placing Knuckles in 4th position while he was 3rd.
Very true...however the reaction I tend to get when discussing Tails and Knuckles is that they are a lot of peoples favorites...back in the day. It can't be argued how awesome Tails and Knuckles were back in the day. Most people remember that too and stay loyal...which is something I have to admire. Unfortunately not everyone is like this. Ah hell...I like them all! Except Creme...her updated character is...unforgiveable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom