• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Man to think, a few weeks ago you and WIGZ were mortal enemies.
nah it was more of RDK hating him than me. though there was a time when i think the dialogue went like this...
WIGZ: "ha that was funny"
RDK: "what? you look down your pants?"
i never laughed so hard in my life...
This is why I just don't troll or flame >_>;
yeah well try not to be on-topic, have good points, or use common sense....Mic_128 tends to ban people for that
Ive come to the conclusion sonic will def be in brawl...
i've come to the conclusion that i hope you're right

oh and for the record, PowerPlay sucks

Sonic 4 Brawl

Del Money

Smash Champion
close? CLOSE? I'M THERE, BABY!!! but yeah the reason i hate PowerPlay is because of the God-awful music in Sonic R (which is why i always turn the vocals off). nonetheless 2000 posts FTW. my goal is to have most posts that Stryk by the time brawl is released,. that most likely won't happen though...oh well. i[m out.

Sonic 4 Brawl

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
nah it was more of RDK hating him than me. though there was a time when i think the dialogue went like this...
WIGZ: "ha that was funny"
RDK: "what? you look down your pants?"
i never laughed so hard in my life...
yeah well try not to be on-topic, have good points, or use common sense....Mic_128 tends to ban people for that
i've come to the conclusion that i hope you're right

oh and for the record, PowerPlay sucks

Sonic 4 Brawl
lol that was funny i miss rdk :( but wait we are throwing a party for Del right?!?!:grin:

*puts on powerplay music*

SonicMario

Smash Master
Does Sonic deserve to be in Brawl?

No Yes.

Do I want him in Brawl?

Yes.
You do know Sonic has a chance of being announced in the event apparently comig Sep. 5th. More info is in the general brawl discussion. Sega is having a coference around the same time as Nintendo (So is Capcom <_< >_>). And it would be GREAT if they had Sonic announced around 4 days before my birthday! (Sep. 9 FYI)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
You do know Sonic has a chance of being announced in the event apparently comig Sep. 5th. More info is in the general brawl discussion. Sega is having a coference around the same time as Nintendo (So is Capcom <_< >_>). And it would be GREAT if they had Sonic announced around 4 days before my birthday! (Sep. 9 FYI)
Psst, don't edit quotes!

Garuda

Smash Ace
September 5th? That'd be cool, but that would probably ruin sales for MaSatOG. Can you post a link to where you found this event news? I can't copy/paste on Wii, though, so it'll have to be direct; computer crashed. (sore wrist...)

SonicMario

Smash Master
September 5th? That'd be cool, but that would probably ruin sales for MaSatOG. Can you post a link to where you found this event news? I can't copy/paste on Wii, though, so it'll have to be direct; computer crashed. (sore wrist...)
http://gonintendo.com/?p=24021

Here is the article. Nintendo's session is on Sep. 5th. And apparently Capcom's meeting is today. And Sega is also having one at the 14th. So we could see some interesting stuff coming up this month.

Originally posted by No Just for Laughs Pluvia
Psst, don't edit quotes! Why not? it's fun:p
Sonic 4 Brawl, Please be announced: Sep. 5th a conference, TGS (if the big N is going), Shortly after M&Sat OG is realeased, or shortly after Brawl is realeased.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Needless to say,

Sonic in Brawl is both Possible and very much Probable. For all those who don't want Sonic in the game, get this...
Both Sakurai and Miyamoto want Sonic in the Game, they sent a request to SEGA about Sonic being in Brawl, SEGA is currently holding their tongue, not replying, but it is still in consideration.
Don't believe me?
There are plenty of gaming sites that report the exact same.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Needless to say,

Sonic in Brawl is both Possible and very much Probable. For all those who don't want Sonic in the game, get this...
Both Sakurai and Miyamoto want Sonic in the Game, they sent a request to SEGA about Sonic being in Brawl, SEGA is currently holding their tongue, not replying, but it is still in consideration.
Don't believe me?
There are plenty of gaming sites that report the exact same.
For all we know Sonic is already in the game perhaps. because if they are NOW considering it, it would be too late. So if Sonic is in, you don't need to say things. This could have been more easily said a few months ago. Mostly before the release date was even shown. This isn't what the matter is anyway. Many things has already been talked about, and our next topics head to the press conferences coming at Sep. 5th & later for Sega at the 14th.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Good job keeping up the Sonic thread, guys. The private event Nintendo is having is interesting. What I would like is a playable demo and revealing Sonic in a trailer. Besides, there's a high chance Sonic's in the game already due to his demand. When the Sonic doubters see him, they'll know that they've been wrong the whole time. That's the situation that happened with Pokemon Trainer.

Sukai

Smash Champion
For all we know Sonic is already in the game perhaps. because if they are NOW considering it, it would be too late. So if Sonic is in, you don't need to say things. This could have been more easily said a few months ago. Mostly before the release date was even shown. This isn't what the matter is anyway. Many things has already been talked about, and our next topics head to the press conferences coming at Sep. 5th & later for Sega at the 14th.
Although this news has existed for about 2 months, you make a good point. They should consider it, but if Sega turns this idea down, I will permenantly turn my back on them.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I just forgot something wouldn't M&S@TOG make money as well as Sonic in Brawl, I mean, isn't SEGA getting money for Sonic being in Brawl. I honestly don't think it's gonna ruin sales, SEGA just wants to be a part of what is the biggest year for gamers.

Also it's been about a year I think August 2006 is when we first heard about Sonic being the most popular third party. We should of got something by now, and most everyone here has stated the game is pretty much done in character development. We have TGS coming up so maybe then.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Hey, good thinking! I didn't really think of that either.

Either way, I'm happy that this time Sakurai can do pretty much what the heck he wants with the game. 3rd-party characters may not be in his reach, but I bet he has tried as hard as he can to convince Sega about having Sonic in Brawl.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I can proudly say that this fall/late summer will be the peak of our hopes. Lets just hope that peak hits space (Sonic Confirmed), not rock bottom (Sonic Deconfirmed).

Sinn

Smash Lord
If they do announce it, I just hope that Reggie doesn't kill the moment by tripping over his words. Not that it'll matter to me because I'll just read about it on IGN or the main site, but...it's a matter of principle.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
If they do announce it, I just hope that Reggie doesn't kill the moment by tripping over his words. Not that it'll matter to me because I'll just read about it on IGN or the main site, but...it's a matter of principle.
Hahaha:laugh:

How sad is it that Reggie's greatest moment was at E32007 when he was trying to defend his weight on the wii fit while miyomoto was teasing him!:laugh:

SiD

Smash Master
I just forgot something wouldn't M&S@TOG make money as well as Sonic in Brawl, I mean, isn't SEGA getting money for Sonic being in Brawl. I honestly don't think it's gonna ruin sales, SEGA just wants to be a part of what is the biggest year for gamers.

Also it's been about a year I think August 2006 is when we first heard about Sonic being the most popular third party. We should of got something by now, and most everyone here has stated the game is pretty much done in character development. We have TGS coming up so maybe then.
Nintendo won't be at TGS as it turns out, but maybe at their press conference next week or E for All in October.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What are you talking about? If any Sonic is going to be in Brawl. It is gonna be "Brawl Sonic" (A Unique style, perhaps with real looking fur >_>)
Ok, NO Realistic Fur Sonic...that'll be just friggin weird

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
yeah but you never know. but i do agree. a realistic fur sonic would look really really weird. imagine a kirby with real err.......w/e he is made of i guess fur? =/
No, Kirby has no fur...He's like a Blob..

Anyway, With Meta-Knight the same species as Kirby...

No Furry Meta-Knight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom