• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukai

Smash Champion
were u quoting me because i made a point or to contradict me? if contradicting, well SatSR means Sonic and the Secret Rings...just so u know...but if because i made a point: u get a cookie! XD
I was just agreeing with you, why would I try to contradict you when I said the very same thing you said?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Sonic's definitely in Brawl, who actually thinks he isn't?

Apparently smashbot, but we've decided to ignore him for the time being. And while I like your enthusiasm, please don't jinx it. I'll believe Sonic is definitely in when I either hear it from Sakurai or unlock him myself in the game.

Sonic for Brawl!!!

Vali

Smash Ace
@Silver777

Anyway here's my take on S&M at the Olympic Games, and surprisingly it's rather more positive. Earlier release date? Doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

S&M is a minigame compilation, a pretty solid one at that from what I've read from an IGN hands-on I believe it was, but it's riding on 3 things to provide a boost to the sales.

1. Appeal to casual gamers
2. Olympic games (even if it is a bit early, it might sell more at a later time period)
3. Sonic and Mario appearing for the first time ever together in a videogame

The reason why an earlier release date is necessary as such is because if it released later than Brawl it will lose one of it's major selling points and SEGA needs games with major selling points to keep the Sonic cashcow afloat. Brawl will be great, garunteed, it will get awesome reviews and sell millions to everyone who loved Melee and maybe a new crowd too. Hell it'll probably even shift a few thousand Wiis. It doesn't NEED the appeal of "First Mario with Sonic game ever!" because it'll sell incredibly well regardless and as long as Sonic is in the roster, the fans will be happy. Your beef isn't with the fact that Sonic is appearing in another game first, it's with the fact that you're worried that it'll upset his chances of being in Brawl and to that I say "Rediculous! Never!". As long as Sonic is in Brawl it'll be the first time that Sonic ever fights Mario as such and all the other Nintendo characters and that'll still be a major selling point to Sonic fans (who long for decent games with Sonic in ^^).

I hope you see why an early release date makes sense for S&M, if it was the other way around Brawl's sales most likely won't see an increase whatsoever (Sonic will most likely not be revealed before Brawl's release is my betting) and those fans that buy it will have 1 less reason to buy S&M, making that game suffer in sales.

I can honestly say this is the best for both games. Sonic will be in Brawl, regardless.

SonicMario

Smash Master
*applauds Vali*

You've done it again. Although quoting something you've said before. You still have that Pro-Sonic charm in those posts.

Sonic 4 Brawl

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
nah... if anything, monday will reveal an item.... probably a poke ball or a AT since we haven't had one in while. but I feel that Sonic will be revealed on... wensday

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
We have seen an AT recently. Just last week we got Andross. But we havn't gotten any Pokemon in a while, so maybe another one this week? And Sakurai kinda owes us two fighters this week, as well. We've been getting one a week since the site has been redone, and if Sakurai skips a week he follows through with two fighters the following week.

I'm predicting Captain Falcon as the next veteran, taking a random guess and saying Wolf/Krystal will be the next newcomer, and saying Sonic will be revealed at E for All.

Sukai

Smash Champion
You ****ing kidding me with that email right!?

Maaaan don't play around like that! It isn't funny!!
But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Hey, I wouldn't post what I thought was a lie. This is the only unfoiled Sonic-in-Brawl rumor out there and it has been out there for a while. Take it in, let it settle, learn to love it (while you still can).

And I was thinking to myself just now "Didn't the people at Sega say they wanted Sonic and Mario's first encounter to be a peaceful one? That's why they're developing Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games." Well, I figured that put a wrench in the idea of Sonic ever being a part of Brawl, but luckily I second guessed myself and checked IGN for the release date. M&SatOG comes out November 20th. This is almost two weeks before Brawl comes out on December 3rd. That's definitely enough time for the two of them to establish peaceful grounds before they start litterally beating the snot out of each other!

Also, Judo is involved in M&SatOG. That's a pretty violent sport. Why couldn't they duke it out in Brawl as well? I think they can, should, and will.

Sonic 4 Brawl

Sukai

Smash Champion
I guess....
I just hope its true.
Why do people make rumors about this anyway....
Its annoying as hell. I can enjoy a prank as well as the next guy, but this is ridiculous!!

I wonder if/when Sonic is in Brawl, will he be an unlockable or a "comes with the package" knda thing?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'm just starting to worry about the release date for brawl in europe. amazon says october, wikipedia says next spring... I'm either really confused, or really upset. I just hope it's not too late. if it is spring, I won't be able to play it because of my exams... curse you education! you've foiled me again!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe they stalled Brawls releash date SO Sonic could be in Brawl...

Because I heard a MUCH earlier date before the offical announcement

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
yeah. it was originally meant to come out on friday, like Metroid 3, but that got changed... ah well, patients is a virtue I guess.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
We have seen an AT recently. Just last week we got Andross. But we havn't gotten any Pokemon in a while, so maybe another one this week? And Sakurai kinda owes us two fighters this week, as well. We've been getting one a week since the site has been redone, and if Sakurai skips a week he follows through with two fighters the following week.

I'm predicting Captain Falcon as the next veteran, taking a random guess and saying Wolf/Krystal will be the next newcomer, and saying Sonic will be revealed at E for All.

Sweet grandma on a stick people... I don't know what to make of this one, it actually seems belivable. I would love to say that I believe this and that maybe us Sonic fans will get our collective minds blown, so here's hoping.

Sonic for Brawl. Countdown for Wednesday's Nintendo event and E For All begins.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Still havn't opened my Metroid Prime 3 yet. I'm still working on beating MP2, but Dark Samus is being such a little ***** hiding in her shield so I can't hit her and time runs out. I really hate her. The Ing leader's final form was hard enough as it is.

And I'm guessing that Brawl will release in Europe about a week or two into December since you guys are usually the last ones to get the most awesome games ever.

And Sonic will be unlockable. Sakurai said he wanted all 3rd Party guests to be unlockable. Snake will be, and so will Sonic.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Sweet grandma on a stick people... I don't know what to make of this one, it actually seems belivable. I would love to say that I believe this and that maybe us Sonic fans will get our collective minds blown, so here's hoping.

Sonic for Brawl. Countdown for Wednesday's Nintendo event and E For All begins.
im gonna laugh when its a different sega character. lol

sakurai- yes vectorman is in the game :) lmao

Garuda

Smash Ace
NO, NO, NO. This was disproven a while ago. I can't post the exact link since I'm using my Wii, but search for the terms e for all smash on Google.

Sorry to sound like a butt, but I had to stop this before it went out of control.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
NO, NO, NO. This was disproven a while ago. I can't post the exact link since I'm using my Wii, but search for the terms e for all smash on Google.

Sorry to sound like a butt, but I had to stop this before it went out of control.
What are you talking about?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say NiGHTS...

Upcoming game on the Wii...

There's your money issue and advertisement for the people that only argue from a money standpoint...

Popular...Oh hell yeah

Vali

Smash Ace
- At the Official Sonic Thread pub -
*Enter Garuda*
Garuda: "Yeah by the way guys, this has been proven false ages ago"
*Pub goes silent, everyone turns to look at Garuda*
PsychoIncarnate: "...What? :confused:"
*Pub turns away and goes back to chatting about which rediculous SEGA characters could be confirmed by the E for All SEGA mail*
Mr. WIGZ: "Altered Beast!"
PsychoIncarnate: "What about NiGHTS?"
Suspect: "lololololol Gunstar Heroes lololololol."
*Exit Garuda*

Anyway, I think I've heard of this before and it turned out to be false, so if people want to stop talking about silly SEGA characters and get back to talking about Sonic for 2 seconds. ;p

Sukai

Smash Champion

He's right. It is just a rumor...
I'm not that disappionted, but still...

Garuda

Smash Ace
December 3rd is on a Monday... well after Olympic Games is released. That's the best time, because the majority of fans seem to be waiting for Sonic, and by then Olympic Games will have sold well. Not as many people would give a crap about Olympic Games if he's confirmed earlier than the game's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom