• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
xD

I <3 Family Guy.

And this is a few hours old...but I thought that we already established that Shadow was only faster than Sonic because of his rocket boots...?
That's pretty much the case for anyone faster than Sonic, or equal for that matter.

Sonic 4 Brawl.

dk64

Smash Cadet
welp, even though sonic isn't my favorite character from the sonic games (knuckles gets that spot) he's still who I wanna see in this game more than anyone else.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Well Sonic would have to go in before Knuckles. He's the main character of his series. Hopefully, we'll get Knuckles and/or Tails ATs (or a Sonic & Tails combo playable character!), and Knuckles and Tails (if he'n not already paired up with the blue blur in Brawl) in SSB4.
I'm pretty sure if Sonic is in we will be getting some Sonic related items, AT's. I really wouldn't like it if Sonic was paired up with Tails ( It reminds me of the whole Diddy x Dixie team combo) he has plenty of unique moves not to be paired up with Tails.

I wouldn't like a Tails x Knuckles combo either because of the fact it wouldn't seem to have the psynergy to meld together like the Ice climbers do. The Ice Climbers are unique because they have that 2 and 1 aspect; I don't think any other characters should be partnered up (unless of course they're an IC like duo) because it would take away what makes IC's unique.

-Knight

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm pretty sure if Sonic is in we will be getting some Sonic related items, AT's. I really wouldn't like it if Sonic was paired up with Tails ( It reminds me of the whole Diddy x Dixie team combo) he has plenty of unique moves not to be paired up with Tails.

I wouldn't like a Tails x Knuckles combo either because of the fact it wouldn't seem to have the psynergy to meld together like the Ice climbers do. The Ice Climbers are unique because they have that 2 and 1 aspect; I don't think any other characters should be partnered up (unless of course they're an IC like duo) because it would take away what makes IC's unique.

-Knight
I also would rather see a solo Sonic and eventually a solo Tails, but you can't rule out the thought that a Sonic & Tails team could happen. And a Knuckles & Tails team would just be rediculous. Don't even say such blasphemy here!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
The thought of a Sonic and Tails duo makes me cringe. Sonic is the mascot of Sega and Tails is well just a side-kick, not nearly as important as Sonic is. I mean a Sonic and Tails duo is about as likely as a Mario and Luigi duo...

Besides it'd ruin the whole Mario vs Sonic match up. ( I mean come on Mario vs Sonic&Tails) bleh

-Knight

SonicMario

Smash Master
Thing is if Sonic is in. Sonic is going to be an overused character (By all the Sega fans with the game) like i know how many people are going to see Meta Knight & Pit. But maybe i shouldn't care about that...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thing is if Sonic is in. Sonic is going to be an overused character (By all the Sega fans with the game) like i know how many people are going to see Meta Knight & Pit. But maybe i shouldn't care about that...
But Meta-Knight is God Tier

angel551

Smash Cadet
I don't really see how they wouldn't have Sonic seeing how popular he is. I personally have 4 Sonic games for the GC.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Originally posted by IGN
Sonic Boom?Rumor: Sonic the Hedgehog will be a playable character in Brawl.
Early on in Brawl's development, Sakurai opened up a fan request opinion poll on a Japanese Nintendo website. It asked the people for their picks, especially for which characters to include this time around. Number one in the end? Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega's main mascot, and legendary rival of Mario since the 16-bit console wars.

There's no doubt that having Sonic in the game would be a huge get, and really push Brawl over the top in hype factor. And it's no doubt, too, that his inclusion has been the biggest rumor and most major wish for fans since Day 1. Sakurai knows about the demand for Sonic. And third-party characters have the greenlight, with the inclusion of Konami's Solid Snake. And, allegedly, the union of the Sonic and Smash universes has been being attempted for years. So all signs are looking good.

And, even more positively supporting this rumor is the existence of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. That title, a sports compilation game set to release on Wii and DS later this year, will be the first cross-over ever for the plumber and the hedgehog. With Nintendo and Sega working together to bring a title into existence that's completely focused on Mario and Sonic competing head-to-head, it's no difficult stretch of the imagination to consider that the blue blur might blaze his way into Brawl.
This was said on IGN's new Smash Bros. Brawl FAQ. What is interesting is that Sakauri knows how much Sonic is demanded. This is in no way confirming Sonic. But don't you think Sakauri does in fact listen to the fans? (A.K.A.: Diddy Kong was on poll). But of course it all depends if Sega allowed them during development, and they are keeping their mouth shut. Does anybody think it would be too hard for Sega to keep their mouth shut, or does Nintendo have to put Duct Tape on their mouths?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This was said on IGN's new Smash Bros. Brawl FAQ. What is interesting is that Sakauri knows how much Sonic is demanded. This is in no way confirming Sonic. But don't you think Sakauri does in fact listen to the fans? (A.K.A.: Diddy Kong was on poll). But of course it all depends if Sega allowed them during development, and they are keeping their mouth shut. Does anybody think it would be too hard for Sega to keep their mouth shut, or does Nintendo have to put Duct Tape on their mouths?
Not sure, but they find a way to keep secrets, that 'ol Nintendo.

I also read it, and I was semi-convined. Sakurai does seem to listen to the fans, and as it's been said before, Sega would be stupid if they'd miss out on a money-maker like Sonic in Brawl.

Sega has done stupid things, examples being Sonic Heroes-Sonic 360, but Sonic in Brawl in an entirely different "thing". Sega is actually, ironically, smart.

Constantely producing Sonic game after Sonic game, milking the franchise for as much as possible for as less as possible. And it worked. People BOUGHT the games, they made MONEY.

Sega's all about money, so, reiterating, doing something like saying "No" to Sonic in Brawl is just stupid, both Morally, and "Monetarally".

Oooooh, I made up a word. Lulz.

SonicMario

Smash Master
All you have to say is Sonic in Brawl means "Money" and Sonic not in Brawl means "No Money". Sega will jump right into the Money section. But right now , it'd be too late. They would of done it months ago. Let's just hoped Nintendo tempted them eith "Money". Speaking of Money, where is DEL Money?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
All you have to say is Sonic in Brawl means "Money" and Sonic not in Brawl means "No Money". Sega will jump right into the Money section. But right now , it'd be too late. They would of done it months ago. Let's just hoped Nintendo tempted them eith "Money". Speaking of Money, where is DEL Money?
I'm pretty sure Sega realised the "Money" thing after they were approached by Nintendo. They start twitching like crazy when you mention Sega and Money in the same sentence, and with a positive outcome.

Right now would be a little late, but like I said, they probably thought about this months ago. But I don't see how hard it would be to implement 1 character right now, but meh, what do I know about programming?

As for Del Money, well, I ate him.:lick:

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hopefully Sega wasn't being stupid when Nintendo first contacted them about Sonic.

I do wonder if he's not in; what fans will do to Sega..if Sonic didn't show up...

It'd be so stupid not to use this type of Publicity to boost Sonic's games.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hopefully Sega wasn't being stupid when Nintendo first contacted them about Sonic.

I do wonder if he's not in; what fans will do to Sega..if Sonic didn't show up...

It'd be so stupid not to use this type of Publicity to boost Sonic's games.

-Knight
I'm sure as hell not buying their olympic game

volbound1700

Smash Master
Actually a Sonic/Tails combo would not be a bad thing if they made Tails like in Sonic 2 where he really doesn't have any moves but just mimics sonic. Sonic can still have all his smashes, etc. like Tails.
Either that or they can have it where tails will not die (unlike the Ice Climbers) and Tails flies back on the screen. That way Sonic could have an escape from falling off the cliff, Tails fly.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't have a Wii either, and whether to get SSBB depends on if Sonic is in it. I am getting the Olympic Games for sure because I like sports-like games. I have been very impressed with the new Campaign Mode on SSBB as well.

Wreked

Smash Lord
word my brotha!

i havent even gotten a wii yet. im only getting it if brawl turns out to have the characters i want in it and if they atleast come out with 5 other cool games by then.
Well there's Wii Sports, fun party game, bad one player game after a while.
Metroid Prime 3, haven't got it yet sounds and looks cool. Got a 9.5 on ign.
Super Mario Galaxy, looks good. Gonna be one of the best games of the year for wii.
Brawl, obvious reasons.
I personally am looking forward to guitar hero, looks like a cool party and single player game.
Zack and Wiki, I won't get it but it seems to be popular.
Twilight Princess, my favorite wii game i've played so far.
Super paper mario, meh it sold pretty good so I guess it's good.

All I can think of now.

Sonic for brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Actually a Sonic/Tails combo would not be a bad thing if they made Tails like in Sonic 2 where he really doesn't have any moves but just mimics sonic. Sonic can still have all his smashes, etc. like Tails.
Either that or they can have it where tails will not die (unlike the Ice Climbers) and Tails flies back on the screen. That way Sonic could have an escape from falling off the cliff, Tails fly.
Tails could be an awesome AT. He'd appear then fly off the stage; and when you get knocked off the stage and couldn't recovery he'd grab you and give you a lift back up to the stage.

Sonic only > Sonic&Tails duo

-Knight

volbound1700

Smash Master
But what I was saying was not a total combo... It would be more like how tails was with Sonic in Sonic 2. You still have sonic and full control of him, tails just a tag along like in Sonic 2. That would be cool if tails was not a full character.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Well there's Wii Sports, fun party game, bad one player game after a while.
Metroid Prime 3, haven't got it yet sounds and looks cool. Got a 9.5 on ign.
Super Mario Galaxy, looks good. Gonna be one of the best games of the year for wii.
Brawl, obvious reasons.
I personally am looking forward to guitar hero, looks like a cool party and single player game.
Zack and Wiki, I won't get it but it seems to be popular.
Twilight Princess, my favorite wii game i've played so far.
Super paper mario, meh it sold pretty good so I guess it's good.

All I can think of now.

Sonic for brawl.
yea i dont like mario games (except smash bros and super mario 3)
ive never really got into metriod but maybe i can.
guitar hero....hell no.
TP yea that sounds good

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Tails could be an awesome AT. He'd appear then fly off the stage; and when you get knocked off the stage and couldn't recovery he'd grab you and give you a lift back up to the stage.

Sonic only > Sonic&Tails duo

-Knight
Yea, that actually would be better. He could save you once, like the Smash equivalent to a fairy in the Zelda games.

And you're right. The most important reason Sonic should be solo is because of the fan craved Mario vs Sonic duel that most kids would give their left nut to see. The only way to even out a Sonic/Tail vs Mario match would be if a computer player was Luigi... and computer players just aren't fun.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
i do want Sonic in brawl.

but that Olympic game hold me back from believing so.

think about it, if sonic was indeed in Brawl. why would people want to buy that Olympic game when OBVIOUSLY Brawl is better and more fun??

i hope you understand what i mean.
I Hear what your saying man, and I agree with ya...to a point.

Brawl would be more fun so "Why get M&S@OG08 (Like that? Lol)", because its all about Sonic Vs Mario. Only. Thats the jist of it, and Brawl is for everyone vs everyone not just Mario Vs Sonic. See what Im getting at?

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Ya I think that may worry us all alittle. But Ill still be confident that Sega will let Sonic be in Brawl.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Sonic's priority is greater than Ganondorf's dair.

Agreed, Olympic Games feels more like friendship and sportsmamship. That should be between Mario and Sonic alone. I just think Sonic fits in Brawl, and it'd be awesome if he was in, but I never really was into the war between them. My friends and I -- we have always liked both characters equally.

Sonic 4 Brawl, baby. Mario and Sonic friendship ftw!

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Yes definitly. Anyways, im not only looking foward to sonic vs mario matchs. I want to see other main characters go against him. Like Kirby vs Sonic, Yoshi vs Sonic. Just matching him against nintendo stars will be great! Its too bad his B move wont be the spin dash, cause really when i eat sonic with kirby thats the move i really want to use >_<. But there would be little chance of that.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm actually looking forward to matches with team Mario/Sonic. The two of them together would pwn the world over. I figure since only one Sonic character is likely, it's the themed best team play he could have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom