• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I thougth Klonoa wasn't Sega...

Anyway so far i seem to be split on Sinn's Smashing with Sonic Speed idea or the SS for SOnic supporters. But perhaps later we can thing of a much better name.

Sonic 4 Brawl, Please Nintendo say something good!

SiD

Smash Master
Yes, it is a waste and kinda cruel. But remember, Nintendo is still a multi-million dollar company, and while it does seem eager to please fans, at least a little more so than others sometimes, they still want to rake in as much money as possible. It's a cruel fact of life. So we'll deal with it.

Sonic for Brawl
Yes, which is why they would announce it, to make more money.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Due to my slight paranoia of Sonic not appearing in brawl. I decided to do some research to help me regain my assurance of Sonic's inclusion.

To start off I did some digging into the "Mario & Sonic" at the Olympic Games. Orginally the game started off as a sole Sonic game but due to not appealling to wide range of audience members Sega asked Nintendo for the license to include Mario characters in the game and Nintendo agreed.

Now we have information that Sega was contacted by Nintendo regarding Sonic. ( Although it is a bit hazy considering I don't really know the time-table of M&SATOG in regards to the time table of brawl.) and it would only seem fair to have Sega to extend the favor by letting Nintendo use Sonic in brawl because Nintendo allowed the use of Mario characters in M&SATOG.

So in my mind Sonic is 100% confirmed; getting rid of any doubts that I had about him not appearing in SSBB. Otherwise if Sega denied the use of Sonic in Brawl if I was Nintendo I wouldn't have allowed them to use Mario character in the Oylmpics game.

( I'm sure most of you knew this already but I just wanted to share what gave me the conviction that Sonic is in Brawl ^_^)

-Knight

SiD

Smash Master
Agreed Knight, Sega and Nintendo seem to have a good relationship, I posted an article a few pages back that further shows that Sega loves the Wii. I have literally no doubt that Sonic is in the game.

-Knight

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I thougth Klonoa wasn't Sega...

Anyway so far i seem to be split on Sinn's Smashing with Sonic Speed idea or the SS for SOnic supporters. But perhaps later we can thing of a much better name.

Sonic 4 Brawl, Please Nintendo say something good!
Smashing at Sonic Speed is better than Sinn's SSS! I vote for Smashing at Sonic Speed.

Sonic for Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Smashing at Sonic Speed is better than Sinn's SSS! I vote for Smashing at Sonic Speed.

Sonic for Brawl.
I think the word "With" sounds better than the word "at"

It has better fluidity

Garuda

Smash Ace
Yeah Knight, I said something similar but you said it better. Sega may be stupid at times, but Nintendo isn't.

...Oh shut up, the people at Nintendo have done plenty of smart things.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, let me just put it this way. In the 6th grade a teacher of mine almost got fired and possibly arrested for calling our field day team name "The Stormtroopers".

We had thought of it as the stormtroopers from Star Wars... but obviously some people don't run on the same brainwaves as we did.

We ended up with shirts that said "Stillman's STARWARS Stormtroopers".

Sinn

Smash Lord

Sonic for Brawl.
You make me cry :(

Though that one DOES have a nicer ring to it. I approve. I just wanted to suggest something that didn't have the word "sonic" in it because I thought it might be cheesy.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Do you know anything about when Nintendo will set up their conference timewise? Or will i have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to know it....

Anyway is guess our Smashing at Sonic Speed is our temporary name that i say requires a vote. Once most of the people say Yes or No. I will count it in tallies.

Smashing at Sonic Speed?

Yes:

No:

@GTFOSmashbot226
NO

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hey, I'm all for being a part of "Smashing at Sonic Speed".

Put me down for a "YES" vote, and sign me up near the top of the list. I want people to know I was there from the start!

Also, does SSS stand for us wanting Sonic in Brawl? Or does it mean that we (will) main him? Because it kinda sounds more like the latter than the former. Either way though, I'm down! Because no matter how bad Sonic may end up being in the final cut (and I'm talking even if he's Mewtwo bad) I'm still going to main him all the way.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No because it doesn't flow

...you know what....whatever...

Garuda

Smash Ace
The event already ended, they were just release dates for Galaxy and stuff. No Brawl.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Smashing with Sonic Speed or SSS
Yes: III

No:

Whatever(XD): I

I added mine to yes, because i'm so cool and all (XD joking).

Geez, SiD you don't have to be so mean. People on these boards love to be known that they are part of a group that shares their views and opinions.

SiD

Smash Master
Calm down skippy, I wasn't being mean. I don't see a point in this, but I was only joking.

Cultist *******s.

SiD

Smash Master
Actually, I do like to hear little girls cry.

And if you've been paying attention on this thread, it's usually implied that I'm joking.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes: IIII

No:

Another vote, and the emblem ideas were already said by Yojimbo.

Sonic 4 Brawl, Garuda do you have a link and are you sure?

EDIT: I gotta get off the computer for now guys. See ya

Garuda

Smash Ace
I don't have a link, since I'm using the Wii, but after hearing that it starts at 9:30 PST, I'm actually not sure. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom