• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I'm actually looking forward to matches with team Mario/Sonic. The two of them together would pwn the world over. I figure since only one Sonic character is likely, it's the themed best team play he could have...
naw falco and sonic or sheik and sonic would pwn.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I'm actually looking forward to matches with team Mario/Sonic. The two of them together would pwn the world over. I figure since only one Sonic character is likely, it's the themed best team play he could have...
Thank you for saying that. For a moment I thought I was one of the only ones who was going to use them on a team (except for maybe SonicMario, for obvious reasons XD)

I understand the whole old school rivalry thing between SEGA and Nintendo. But come on people, we're all saying how Sonic vs Mario would be epic. I'm not saying it won't be, but just think how epic it would be when those two fight on the same team? Mario Finale from one side and Super Sonic on the other, you're screwed to hell either way.

Sonic 4 Brawl

PS: Read this if you need a good laugh.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115734

SiD

Smash Master
I've been thinking, Sonic might not be the fastest character in Brawl. What's this you say? Blasphemy!

Seriously though, think about it. What's Mario famous for? Jumping. Was Mario the best jumper in Melee? No. Therefore, I think Sonic might be slower than you'd expect, at least slower than CF.

Personally I wouldn't mind, because I have trouble controlling CF/Fox because of their speed, but I understand this could/would be annoying because he's Sonic. So, how would you all feel if he wasn't the fastest? How fast would he have to be, compared to other characters, for you to be satisfied?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I've been thinking, Sonic might not be the fastest character in Brawl. What's this you say? Blasphemy!

Seriously though, think about it. What's Mario famous for? Jumping. Was Mario the best jumper in Melee? No. Therefore, I think Sonic might be slower than you'd expect, at least slower than CF.

Personally I wouldn't mind, because I have trouble controlling CF/Fox because of their speed, but I understand this could/would be annoying because he's Sonic. So, how would you all feel if he wasn't the fastest? How fast would he have to be, compared to other characters, for you to be satisfied?
Hmm that is an interesting thought. I would expect him to be the fastest character in Brawl or at least = with Captain Falcon.

It'd just seem werid if he wasn't the fastest character in the game lol

-Knight

Sinn

Smash Lord

I know Luigi could out jump him...who else? I remember Falco was really good too...

Besides, I wouldn't mind Sonic not being faster than everything else in the entire game. I mean...doesn't Sonic take time to accelerate? Aren't these stages...NOT all that big?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mario was famous for jumping...no one said he could jump good...Luigi has always been a better jumper than him for one...Mario just does it more. Besides, Mario has always been Well-rounded more than anything in all games he's in...Not the best but not the worst at anything

SonicMario

Smash Master
I sometimes get sleepless nights wondering about if Sonic will be in Brawl. I know that most people have no doubt that he will make it. But i am always bothered by that one... just one chance that he won't... There are times where i support Sonic 100%, then there are times i have little amount but still bothersome doubt. Mosts of my posts have been more light hearted then anything on the Sonic thread. But there is always a time where the boy with messages of light-heartedness, becomes a Man with serious dicussion. This is why i suggest we make some sort of Pro-Sonic club, where only the most loyal people that posted on the thread, play many Sonic games, and fully want our hedgehog to be announced in Brawl. Now i'm sure somebody else could come in here and try to take down some of our optimism. But that is why we need such groups. Alone, we 're only indiviual angry mobs when being flamed. Together, we can support eachother against such people that dare to challenge us and our cause. People like Smashbot for example. I can hope we can have some sort of group that is related to the Ridley thread has with their group: R.I.D.L.E.Y.
Is anyone with me? Together we could help the Sonic thread become stronger, people to make sure we're still on topic, people to make some great support. Sonic is the top requested 3rd party, Ridley is the top requested 1st party. Ridley has a group so Sonic should have it's own too. I can not think of a possible name, but anyname could oblige. We will have this group until Sonic is confirmed, and even then our group will still stay to be the Sonic players of Smashboards. But as i said before only the most eligible will make it. We need people in that was in this thread for a long time. Examples include SiD, Symphony X, Garuda, and much more worthy members. They must know most Sonic trivia, no newbies to the Sonic series can make it so easily. The reason i made this was not the fact that i am a hardcore Sonic fan, or the fact that this is my 600th post, but the fact that we need something to link the regulars together into one group. If you all accept for one, i will not be suggesting for any jobs or leaders. We may not have leaders even, but Jobs are a requirement for groups such as these. If we end up having leaders, as a democracy we will decide for ourselves the proper leader. We will stick around for the Nintendo exclusive event tomorrow, E for all (possibly, but probably not), Weeks before Brawl is realeased and after. Until we know the fate of the true blue hedgehog, i am suggesting something big. I am hoping that many of you can accept to start it.
(Serious post over)

(Lighthearted post)
Yay, 600th post:) And sorry for a long post. But i truly think we need one of these organized groups. Please?

Garuda

Smash Ace
I don't know enough about Sonic, in his 3D games...

Besides, I've been a sore bruise in optimism. I originally intended to be neutral about it but then I quickly got negative.

EDIT: I just realized that TOMORROW is the 5th! Sonic or not, Brawl or not, looking forward to it.

Either way, Sonic 4 Brawl

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Tomorrow I start college... :(
I hate being grown up....

Hopefully lots and lots of people play Smash there. And hopefully lots and lots more of them want Sonic in Brawl. I think Sonic will finally be revealed... December 2nd. Just to make us sweat.

EDIT:
And I like "Triple S". Sign me up!

Triple S... 3xS... SatSoS...
Oh well, SONIC 4 BRAWL

Garuda

Smash Ace
2nd? If you mean on the Dojo, no, that will not happen-- the 2nd is on a Sunday. 3rd if anything, as an "innocent" "by the way" thing, knowing Sakurai and his teasing ways.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm... I'd rather he come with one or two of his comrades. He doesn't stand out, other than being the main character.
He doesn't stand out? well for one, he'd be the only Sega character and practically the most wanted character for Brawl...

SiD

Smash Master
I definitely think that Sonic will be revealed before the game comes out. It would for sure boost sales for Brawl, and almost definitely boost sales for MaSatOG too, since they are different types of games.

Also, smashbot, gtfo.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I've heard of this E for All thing a couple of times, and I still have no idea what it is. I imagine...it's a gaming convention for only rated E games...?

SiD

Smash Master
lol no, it stands for Entertainment for All, and was supposed to be the new E3 after this years got downsized. But I believe that only Nintendo and EA are going, so so much for that.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ah hah, I see...sheesh, with all these opportunities to bait us with information between now and when the game comes out, I don't think I have any real idea of what to expect anymore.

Vali

Smash Ace
Triple S:

Smashing at the Speed of Sound

Like?
Or Sonic! Shadow sucks.

Also, Smashbot226 could be that idiot Smashyou6666 that also had a stupid sig which went along the lines of "<these characters> shouldn't be in Brawl! People that hate me so far: <number>". I don't know if banning on SWF is an IP ban or if you can make another account or what, but then again it could just be pure coincidence. Just a thought.

To be honest I think that it'd be silly to bet on Sonic being revealed at <event> or <certain date> because the Dojo just seems to be completely random. I mean we got Snake at E32006 or something, but that was before the periodic updates. Sonic will come when he'll come, or maybe not at all and just be unlockable, so it's stupid to keep getting your hopes up for an update to tie in with events. Just take Ridley and the release of MP3 as an example of this.

Sinn

Smash Lord
It's just...such a waste to put the character that everyone wants in the game and not TELL anyone so that you can exploit their fanboy/girlism and steal their moneys.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
It's just...such a waste to put the character that everyone wants in the game and not TELL anyone so that you can exploit their fanboy/girlism and steal their moneys.
Yes, it is a waste and kinda cruel. But remember, Nintendo is still a multi-million dollar company, and while it does seem eager to please fans, at least a little more so than others sometimes, they still want to rake in as much money as possible. It's a cruel fact of life. So we'll deal with it.

Sonic for Brawl

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well thinking about it from what they've done recently...they didn't hype up Metroid Prime 3 until a month before it came out. So...possibly early November would be a good time for them to drop some bombs. I get the feeling that they might not want to make too much of the important hype known just yet so that it'll still be fresh in people's minds when the game launches.

But something I remembered...the Dojo updates aren't totally random. When they touched on Brawl at E3, the next day Sakurai updated the Dojo with the movie clip and release date that was announced at E3, so there's gotta be some kind of planning and coordination between the two of them.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I'm still thinking Sonic has a huge chance to be in this game. So even if they don't announce it today or anytime soon, I'll keep my hopes up. After all, whenever I unlocked a character in Melee I had no clue who I would be fighting.

Also, how in the world would Klonoa be just as welcomed in Brawl as Sonic? That's very overestimated. NiGHTS is a maybe since he's got a cult following, but Sonic has a gargantuan fan base.

I'm also up for joinin' this club. Super Sonic Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom