• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I still think Sonic is way better of being playable in the game than even Ridley ever was, even as a Nintendo character. It's just so much harder to see Ridley smashing than Sonic, mainly his appearance which has me opposed. Still Ridley deserved the Brawl spot more than anything, well because he is sooooooooooo badly requested. I'm not against Ridley at all, cause it would be bada$$ if he was in, it's just with the whole boss thing, it just seems much more unlikely, but Ridley does have many forms so it can still be possible I mean we get Ridley and the boss would be Metal Ridley. Still I choose Sonic wayyyy over Ridley cause Sonic is awesome, no matter what (to me)

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
So there's R.I.D.L.E.Y. and S.S.S., is there a Megaman one? I mean, I'm not really fussed about Megaman but with Ridley, Sonic and Megaman being the three most wanted, i wanted to know if there was a Megaman one.

Sonic 4 brawl and all that jazz

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
So there's R.I.D.L.E.Y. and S.S.S., is there a Megaman one? I mean, I'm not really fussed about Megaman but with Ridley, Sonic and Megaman being the three most wanted, i wanted to know if there was a Megaman one.

Sonic 4 brawl and all that jazz
I don't thing there is a Megaman club.
Sonic and Ridley are the most wanted characters on this site though.

Vali

Smash Ace
Does it say that? He said Sonic > all others.

See this thing >? That means greater than, not only one in and no one else.
Yes but he's saying Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl because he's not better than Sonic >.> I don't know why anyone could hate Ridley, but apparently this guy does. So yeah, by his logic anyone that isn't better than Sonic shouldn't get into Brawl. Would make Sakurai's job a lot easier...*facepalm*

Caael

Smash Lord
Just to clarify, Ridley was intended for Melee, but they had problems animating the wings and tail, which is why Ridley has no tail in the opening video.

Ha, Ridley 1, you 0

Also, has Sakurai posted any updates at all related to sonic? ( Todays update doesn't count, for all we know, we could get Halo music)
We have a boss theme, and we have gliding, and we have Charizard ( with an animated, longish dragonlike tail, similar to Ridley's).

Hah! Ridley 2, you 0

I would bet any money, that if I walked into Sora Inc. right now and playtested Brawl, Ridley would be in the roster. Maybe even sonic. I just have more faith in Ridley than sonic, him being 3rd party and all.
The only difference is that I haven't met anyone (with a brain) who seriously expects Ridley not to be in the game as either a playable character or at LEAST a boss. Sonic, on the other hand, is still very easy to look at and say, "Hm...he MIGHT not make it in." Despite all of the idiocy that would have to be going on between the corporate heads at Nintendo and SEGA to allow that to happen, there's still a much greater chance of Ridley being in and Sonic not than the other way around. Though I hate to admit it.

That and I'll be shocked as Hell if they confirmed Sonic BEFORE Ridley.
I like you. I like you a lot. In a non homosexual way, mind
Both are disbutable...

Ridley could very much so end up as a Boss (Which I doubt and would not like)

and Sonic's chances depend on a lot of variables falling into place...
I dont like you for declaring war on Ridley. It's not like this battle will make or break Ridley/Sonic being in Brawl. All you guys in this topic are treating it like if you dont win, Sonic wont be in. But I do like you for supporting Ridley. So it kinda balances out
But, cmon, Ridley? Pifffff

Sonic > Ridley

Hell, Sonic > most others ANYWAYSSS
I hate you ( not a word I throw around) as you just run around, claiming that sonic is the best without actual proof. *******.

Caael has spoken.

Oh, btw

Does SSS or w/e have their own message board? That would be hilarious if it was in exactly the same layout as ours. Thieves! Dirty *******s!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Oh, btw

Does SSS or w/e have their own message board? That would be hilarious if it was in exactly the same layout as ours. Thieves! Dirty *******s!
I wouldn't want SSS to have their own board. I'd rather have it here. In fact i want to put up a recruiting thread somewhere else. But I need to know where I should post it, and how many members we should start with. Maybe at least 15-20 members, and if we want more, i can edit the 1st post to say "in need of more members". It can also be directed away from the Sonic thread, so we won't get marked down for Spamming.

And now for the infamous back on topic sentence: Sonic 4 Brawl

(P.S. Haven't seen Dyna in a while >_>)

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I hate you ( not a word I throw around) as you just run around, claiming that sonic is the best without actual proof. *******.

"Best" is a completely opinionated term. An opinion can be backed with reasons, but NEVER with proof. His opinion is different than yours, so you hate him?

Caael has spoken.

Normally, this is said as a joke, or some kind of sarcasm. On the end of this post, it just sounds like deplorable arrogance. Remind me why we all care you've spoken?
This is a flame I suppose, but I personally have the same Ridley vs. Sonic feelings as you. I just can't stand posts like this. You can disagree with someone without using pejorative words or being an *******.

Garuda

Smash Ace
I don't give a hot steamin' heapin' nutty-brown pile of donkey **** if Ridley is in or not, but this "war" is freaking pointless.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Pejorative is a cool word. I've never heard it before and it sounds funny and made up but it's real.

And what's the point of this "war"? Can't we just want both characters in? Why do we have to fight about who should and shouldn't get a spot? I feel they both deserve and they both should/will get one.

And let's say this "war" does go down... what do we get for winning? We get whoever Sakurai feels should get the spot, that's who. Winning or losing won't matter a sh;t.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Pejorative is a cool word. I've never heard it before and it sounds funny and made up but it's real.

And what's the point of this "war"? Can't we just want both characters in? Why do we have to fight about who should and shouldn't get a spot? I feel they both deserve and they both should/will get one.

And let's say this "war" does go down... what do we get for winning? We get whoever Sakurai feels should get the spot, that's who. Winning or losing won't matter a sh;t.
Agreed. There's room enough for both.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Sonic is awesome. Ridley is awesome.

Why can't we just have both of these awesome characters in the same frickin' game?

Sonic for Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's this whole war with R.I.D.L.E.Y.?

What about the peace and drugs, man???

...and I am the insane military dictator...

SiD

Smash Master
I still say this whole Sonic club thing is ********, as is this thread in general lately. We need Del Money and RDK back.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I still say this whole Sonic club thing is ********, as is this thread in general lately. We need Del Money and RDK back.
Yeah it seems that you and me are the only long-time regulars that are left. But i'll keep posting here, even if you leave i will face the brunt of what n00bs will be saying. I'm surprised WIGZ haven't come back. None of the ol' regulars are almost never here anyway, Puffball64, Dyna, and NRWC. Even Kaid who created this thread has abandoned it.

Sonic 4 Brawl

EDIT: What Sonic music should appear in the "My Music" mode?

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
well.....these are my ''My Music'' Suggestions

Sonic 2 Emereld hill Zone

Green hill Zone

Sonic Adventure theme Open Your Heart

Sonic adventure 2 city escape

Pizzaguylol

Smash Cadet
I'd love to have Sonic in Brawl. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to see Mario and Sonic fight in an epic battle. This would be the best way to do it achieve that, I think.

And if Ridley got in I'd love it, too. He's awesome.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I've been working on this for no apparent reason.

Main problem is getting an appropriate image for the corner.
Nice work!

I'd say put up the Sonic Team logo. A ring or a Chaos Emerald would just be too indeciferable to the series.

And I'm hoping you get the music to actually play. That would be rediculous. Can you do that on a PhotoShop image, though?

Caael

Smash Lord
Davy jones said:
That moveset makes sonic a too high jumper and too strong.He'l never be in SSB with that moveset
Davy Jones, who the hell do you want in Brawl? I bet you want a human

Newcomer: Bog standard human, put in Brawl JUST because Davy Jones doesn't realize that Smash isn't street fighter with human characters, and human abilities. If you want street fighter, GO PLAY STREET FIGHTER! Brawl is a unique game, it's not restricted to human characters.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to wonder if Sega would give Voltman for brawl. That would be the biggest fluff up of the century

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Yeah it seems that you and me are the only long-time regulars that are left. But i'll keep posting here, even if you leave i will face the brunt of what n00bs will be saying. I'm surprised WIGZ haven't come back. None of the ol' regulars are almost never here anyway, Puffball64, Dyna, and NRWC. Even Kaid who created this thread has abandoned it.

Sonic 4 Brawl

EDIT: What Sonic music should appear in the "My Music" mode?
Yeah, I haven't been posting here enough, considering how much I love this character. I'll see if I can help you out here. Bring on the n00bs, we'll slay 'em.

Stop the stupid Sonic vs Ridley war, it's pointless and they should both be in.

My music? Hmmm... here's my suggestions

-Original Green Hill Zone Theme
-Green Hill Zone Theme Remix (with orchestra)
-Remix of "Open Your Heart" from Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
-Remix or original track of "This World" from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Or better yet... just let us use our own music Sakurai!!!! (facepalm and sighs) Oh well...

Oh yeah, Sonic for Brawl and all that jazz...

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I haven't been posting here enough, considering how much I love this character. I'll see if I can help you out here. Bring on the n00bs, we'll slay 'em.

Stop the stupid Sonic vs Ridley war, it's pointless and they should both be in.

My music? Hmmm... here's my suggestions

-Original Green Hill Zone Theme
-Green Hill Zone Theme Remix (with orchestra)
-Remix of "Open Your Heart" from Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
-Remix or original track of "This World" from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Or better yet... just let us use our own music Sakurai!!!! (facepalm and sighs) Oh well...

Oh yeah, Sonic for Brawl and all that jazz...
This World seems the least likely, as it was the one track that didn't appear on a Nintendo console's game. Of course, anything is possible.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I thought about "Seven Rings in Hand", but I'm not sure how much I like that. But hey, it will be Sakurai's call in the end, and I'm sure he'll be good. What I think I want most is that remix of "Open Your Heart."

Sawnik 4 Brahl

SonicMario

Smash Master
WTF?!

By the way, i am now recruiting members for S.S.S. Send me a Private Message me some info on yourself in the following format:

Username:
Why you support Sonic:
Misc (optional):

To limit 100 members from going down immediately. I am only allowing 30 members, once it gets to that number. I will only increase membership if it is in high demand. So hurry.

Oh and BTW again, Sonic 4 Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom