• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Call me nutty, but I'm more fond of the remixes from Hedgehog Heaven (the Sonic 2 remix project) than I am of Project Chaos. Not that PC's BAD or anything...SnappleMan's Malicious Fingers is, like, the best track ever. And anything remixed from Hydrocity.

Also, Metal Harbor is, like, one of my favorite tracks from any game ever. And I have no idea why.

Lastly, that anti-Sonic thread is made of desperation and fail. I considered responding to it, but I think instead I'm just gonna let it die.
Metal Harbor IMO has one of the greatest songs in the Sonic series...but for some reason it always reminds me of Emerald Coast...
i would ask a link to the Project Chaos music, but my computer's sound card fried so i cant listen to anything:(
n that Anti-Sonic thread, im not sure if its going to get closed because its technically not spam, but there are very few Sonic-haters. n from what i see, the Sonic haters are people who expect too much: "the new Sonic games suck, i want something that doesnt have a trippy a** camera?" or something like that. yea i know that example sucked n the camera thing is true, but my point is, Sonic-haters either want too much (SEGA trying, not all that good, but its still there) or are wrong in the head.

Sinn

Smash Lord
To me they (specifically that Neo guy) just sound like a bunch of whiny babies about the fact that Sonic is virtually a shoe in for Brawl. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if anyone I knew around me cared (and was stupid enough to take it), I would bet money on how sure I am that he's gonna make it in.

This is kinda related in a way...why was it that the Dreamcast failed? If it hadn't, SEGA could still be part of this whole console war and Nintendo would have never made up with 'em...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I think Sonics got one of the BEST chances of being in brawl at this point.

I also think he'll be a secret till somebody unlocks him.
Someone like me? Oh man, that's a lot of pressure! I hope I don't let all the Smashers down! [/joke]

But yes, Sonic does have great chances. I'll be in utter shock if he doesn't make the cut.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone did bring up why put Sonic in Brawl if Sonic in Brawl would outshine Mario/Sonic at the Olympics

Sinn

Smash Lord
Didn't someone mention that they were making that Sonic Olympics game even before Mario was added to it? Even is Sonic IS in Brawl, I don't see the Olympic game selling worse HAVING Mario in it than not having him. Does that make any sense?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Didn't someone mention that they were making that Sonic Olympics game even before Mario was added to it? Even is Sonic IS in Brawl, I don't see the Olympic game selling worse HAVING Mario in it than not having him. Does that make any sense?
Well when Sega apporached the people who were giving them to rights to make the Olympic's game they told Sega that the game didn't have a wide enough appeal level; that is why Sega contacted Nintendo to see if they could be allowed to use their characters. Otherwise the Olympic's game might of never happend.

-Knight

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Hey guys... I'm really sad right now.... here's why.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116330

I suppose it was inevitable and SOMEONE was going to try and pull an anti-thread for our beloved blue blur, but that doesn't make it suck any less. Please tell this guy to bring the argument here instead of creating ANOTHER THREAD about why they don't want a certain character in Brawl.

Oh, and Sonic for Brawl

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Just ignore the anti-Sonic thread. It was made by some club ridley fanboy or something. Let it die.

And there was all kinds of olympic-like games on the NES. Most sucked, some were fun.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I haven't been here since Wednesday.

Anything big happen? Announcements....? Anything?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
It's kinda funny, I see the anti-sonic thread dropping down the list, nobody responded after me lol. That makes me a little happier. And yes, anti-sonic people are funneh indeed.

Sonic for Brawl

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Wow, so I actually went to read that thread and it IS pretty funny =P

On topic though, who else thinks Sonic won't be announced until somebody actually plays the game and unlocks him?

Sinn

Smash Lord
How would they tell when someone unlocks Sonic then? I would bet that there are going to be people who manage to get everyone within the first day, MAYBE the first three days at most. And if they're going to wait only three days until the game comes out to announce him, they might as well do it beforehand to build more hype.

SonicMario

Smash Master
BUMP

Come on guys, get some more talking here, we were on the 2nd page! Let's just ignore the Anti-Sonic thread unless that creator of that thread happens to drop by and post here. It just sickens me to see that someone could make one. There is only one anti-character that i would approve of, that would be Pichu.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
BUMP

Come on guys, get some more talking here, we were on the 2nd page! Let's just ignore the Anti-Sonic thread unless that creator of that thread happens to drop by and post here. It just sickens me to see that someone could make one. There is only one anti-character that i would approve of, that would be Pichu.
^^ this is called hypocrisy

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
The Sonic clip had me laughing so hard when I saw it last night. So did the Zelda one. Robot Chicken is such a great show.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Stupid Slow modem. Can someone summarize what happened? I am too impatient to see it without having to wait an hour for it for crying out loud...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone watches Robot Chicken, but they did a Sonic sketch on their new episode last night! Here's a link to the clip:

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c39214da0d770114dbf2aa7700db

There's also a Legend of Zelda clip from last night too that I found to be pretty funny. You should check that one out too. Here's the link:

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c39214da0d770114dbf2aa7700db
you caught the clip too I've been waiting for that forever, but I knew it was coming because of the Sonic action figures I saw in most youtube videos, its the same one.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Sonic Adventure was awesome, but Big sucks.
Sonic Heroes wasnt that great, i think.
Sonic Shuffle sucks.
Sonic Riders was pretty cool, but still kinda eh.
Sonic Battle is awesome and I wish they take his moves from that for Brawl (exept the bombs).
Sonic The Hedgehog, Next Gen, has awesome grafix, gay that Amy and him dont get 2gether (but instead he gets with that dumb *****) and the controls are worth about a little under crap.
Sonic and the Secret Rings is ok, but doing random little crap on the same Lvl over and over again b4 being able to move on is really annoying, Plus the videos are ********.
Sonic Rush is an awesome game.
Sonic Adventure 2 is almost the best Sonic game out there, my personal Fav is shared by it and...
...Sonic The Hedgehog 3 with Sonic and Knuckles is the BEST Sonic Game to ever come out. Lol.
You know its true.

SONIC FOR BRAWL!!

How to unlock him, Beat Story mode with any character under some set time period, bet ya its gunnA be fast. I can see that.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I never played Sonic Heroes, but from what I could tell, it didn't LOOK terrible. Maybe I'm just crazy. And I liked SA2 a lot...certain parts were better than others, but overall I thought it was a great game.

And is it just me, or is SEGA making some pretty kick *** FMVs nowadays? I think they could possibly give Square-Enix a run for their money in that department. They should just make a Sonic movie and get it over with.

And I too am waiting for the videos to load...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think to unlock Sonic in Brawl it should be speed/ time based...

...maybe race to the finish?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I think to unlock Sonic in Brawl it should be speed/ time based...

...maybe race to the finish?
If the only character you can do it with is Mario, that would be cool to add to the rivalry nostalgia between Mario and Sonic. Oh, and that Anti-Sonic thread doesn't compare to this thread to me. Sonic for Brawl!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom