• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, your moveset was better, but that was not a necessary comment SiegK. To me, it makes you sound a bit conceded, not that I think you are, but it sounded that way.

Anyway, we need more movesets! Preferably with sprites like SiegK's!

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
oh know, I am. Lol. Ur right. I just want everyone to know and see every Sonic movelist out there. I was looking 4word to that other guys, but he never posted it, mad me sad. But yeah ur right, i didnt mean for it to come out tht way. There were a few moves in there i thought were more original then in mine.
heh heh. My apologies.
Just wanna put up some healthy competition /different views.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
I've got plenty of idea's for stages to cook up. :D

Which I seem to be a bit better at, than movesets. :p

BTW, I'm a bit newer around the boards, so hello. :)

Symphony X

Smash Lord
@Kor:

You actually took the time to draw that stage in paint? I applaud you. We seem to have plenty of movesets, so stage drawings could quite possily revive this thread. Good work. No offense, but I'm not a fan of the Tornado. I've always liked the....Sonic Wave? Not sure what to call it. Y'know, when Sonic spins, realeases and a wave shoots out in front of him? Yeah, that.

Sonic for Brawl.

P.S. Where's WIGZ lately? I actually kinda miss him.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Some trolls and unbelievers are trying to take down the positivity of our favorite characters. Think about it, we have Anti-Sonic thread, Anti-Ridley thread, next we will be seeing a Anti-Megaman thread if it continues.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The unlockable characters for 64 were in the video...but in shadows I thinks...I may be wrong
I remember that. And as you unlocked them, their shadows filled in with their picture. That might be harder to do this time if there's going to be a lot of unlockables though.

And I don't know why people assume that if he's going to be an unlockable character that they wouldn't announce him beforehand. Even if Sakurai said all the third parties are going to be secret unlockables, wouldn't that include Snake who we already know about?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, because you're from the Ridley thread. To us, it was hilarious, as we knew it was a joke the whole time.

@Kor Maybe that ice stage from Sonic 3? Always liked that one.
Wow, I feel ignored. What about the Ice Cap Zone I made awhile back? *sniff*

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
so you all phail as fans....

where was all this sonic love back with the dreamcast? you might have inspired a decent game :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

where was all this sonic love back with the dreamcast? you might have inspired a decent game :laugh:
Burning all their friends and rental dreamcast games...

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
Hey (spam) anyone know where I can get a pic of Peach's massive brawl turnips and..........

SONIC FOR BRAWL!

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
Seriously though, I can't find a pic of it and yeah...phail isn't in my vocabulary so uh, BY!!!!!!!

Kor

Smash Apprentice

The demise of SEGA:

Many people think that Sega's downfall was due to things such as poor 3rd party support, bad marketing, things of this nature...

The downfall of SEGA was brought about by SEGA and only SEGA. No one could have helped them for the hole they dug for themselves.

/Flashback sequence/
A long time ago, a simple game developer was experimenting with ideas. A new company needed a new mascot... Ristar! Nah... not enough attitude to draw a crowd in. I know, How about this super fast blue hedgehog? Awesome.

And SEGA invested a crap ton of money into this hairbrain scheme... but whats this? Hey guys... people actually love this game. Somehow, this scheme of our has actually worked. Its brilliant!

/Fast-Forward/
Okay team, we've got this SEGA Saturn project coming up, and we really need something to knock the socks off our compitition. Any thoughts?
Shenmue? *explains in elaborate detail*

Hmm... well, it sounds crazy enough to work, and the last time we tried something crazy, Sonic came busting out of our doors. Lets go for it.

But what happened from here on out, was the downfall. See, Sega was designing the Saturn AROUND Shenmue. Literally, the two were developed side by side. But as time went on, Shenmue became more demanding, it needed better processing power, more RAM, which allowed for better art design, and better sound quality.

Shenmue couldn't be developed fast enough to keep up with the sudden burst in technology, and neither could the Saturn.

So the time came, Saturn was released, but the Director of Shenmue didn't feel it was finished.

The Saturn bombed, and Shenmue starting working its way towards SEGA's next big project, the Dreamcast.

Shenmue need to be entirely redeveloped from scratch...again...

When it was all over and done with, Shenmue became over a 4 million dollar investment. Unfortunately for SEGA, they went in over their heads. Shenmue wasn't the miraculous success that Sonic was. Sure it was a cool game, but it just didn't draw in audiences.

SEGA was broke... not much left to do, but throw in the towel, and proceed to make simple games that still make them profit (enter crappy Sonic games).

---------------------------

This is the story of SEGA's downfall. It rests solely on the gamble that Shenmue was going to be some Utopia of gaming... which just couldn't live up to the design.

Nothing more... nothing less.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
The demise of SEGA:

Many people think that Sega's downfall was due to things such as poor 3rd party support, bad marketing, things of this nature...

The downfall of SEGA was brought about by SEGA and only SEGA. No one could have helped them for the hole they dug for themselves.

/Flashback sequence/
A long time ago, a simple game developer was experimenting with ideas. A new company needed a new mascot... Ristar! Nah... not enough attitude to draw a crowd in. I know, How about this super fast blue hedgehog? Awesome.

And SEGA invested a crap ton of money into this hairbrain scheme... but whats this? Hey guys... people actually love this game. Somehow, this scheme of our has actually worked. Its brilliant!

/Fast-Forward/
Okay team, we've got this SEGA Saturn project coming up, and we really need something to knock the socks off our compitition. Any thoughts?
Shenmue? *explains in elaborate detail*

Hmm... well, it sounds crazy enough to work, and the last time we tried something crazy, Sonic came busting out of our doors. Lets go for it.

But what happened from here on out, was the downfall. See, Sega was designing the Saturn AROUND Shenmue. Literally, the two were developed side by side. But as time went on, Shenmue became more demanding, it needed better processing power, more RAM, which allowed for better art design, and better sound quality.

Shenmue couldn't be developed fast enough to keep up with the sudden burst in technology, and neither could the Saturn.

So the time came, Saturn was released, but the Director of Shenmue didn't feel it was finished.

The Saturn bombed, and Shenmue starting working its way towards SEGA's next big project, the Dreamcast.

Shenmue need to be entirely redeveloped from scratch...again...

When it was all over and done with, Shenmue became over a 4 million dollar investment. Unfortunately for SEGA, they went in over their heads. Shenmue wasn't the miraculous success that Sonic was. Sure it was a cool game, but it just didn't draw in audiences.

SEGA was broke... not much left to do, but throw in the towel, and proceed to make simple games that still make them profit (enter crappy Sonic games).

---------------------------

This is the story of SEGA's downfall. It rests solely on the gamble that Shenmue was going to be some Utopia of gaming... which just couldn't live up to the design.

Nothing more... nothing less.
I hope you took notes, class, as there will be a test tomorrow!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, to reach their projected sales, everyone with a dreamcast would have had to buy 2 copies of the game...

Brilliant!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had a dream a couple of days ago that Sonic was in the game. And I had a dream last year that Super Sonic was in the game.

So obviously, he will be in.
That was like, the first page of this topic.

Then again, who cares what McFox thinks? Noone really...

-------------------------

@Neo: lol

I bought all the Sonic DC games if that was what you meant. Loved Sonic since the beginning.

Now GTFO.

Sinn

Smash Lord
So then do you think SEGA is biding its time until it will strike again like a cobra from the shadows...?

...sorry, I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
So then do you think SEGA is biding its time until it will strike again like a cobra from the shadows...?

...sorry, I don't know what I'm saying anymore.
Well. I do think SEGA is playing the safe game for a while, until they fully stabalize as a Company again, rather than a handful of studios.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
I think people are stupid when they say a game sucks, considering so many of them probably haven't even PLAYED them.

Like, seriously... like the kids that say "HALO PWNZ" but they've never really played it? Yeah. Idiots.

Retro 2D Sonic 4 Brawl /gg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom