• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Unlock Falcon in #1. Beat the game in under 20 Min.
And I don think it would be a rip off the 1st one, more of bringing the idea back but changing it a bit.
Smash Bros is known to do that, and they are fans of clone characters, after all.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I still think it would be funny to make the ulocking method be getting twenty KOs with one character in Cruel Brawl (Cruel Melee's obvious successor).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think it would be funny to make the ulocking method be getting twenty KOs with one character in Cruel Brawl (Cruel Melee's obvious successor).
Nintendo doesn't have that kind of humor

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I'd rather not have a repeat of the whole cruel 20 ko business... that gave me emotional scarring in Melee, especially when I found out that I'd been duped. (stupid EGM...)

I think finishing it in a time limit or on a certain difficulty with Mario sounds good. That or finish it under a certain time with all characters. One or the other.

Sonic for Brawl

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
they might bring back the "Board the Platforms" minigame from the original. Then maybe you will have to master marios skill (Jumping - IE "Board the platforms") to unlock sonic. That would be an interesting twist.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Stuff like that is what might get us closed down like the Ridleys.

Try to put SOMETHING we can debate on in a post

I personally don't like the idea of board the platforms for unlocking Sonic

poishrom

Smash Apprentice
In the windows on your street. . . . watching.
you know how in melee some times luigi pops out and takes mario's place well i was thinking that they should make another level like captian falcon's long run one.'' the one where you have a time limit to get to the end'' well instead of a time limit some times sonic pops out and you will have to beat him to the finish, but of corse he wont be like he is on tv.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
You'll have to beat "Race to the Finish!" in like 45 seconds or something like that. And then when it's over, a short AMV will show Sonic running behind you trying to catch up and then you are transported to the next match before he gets to you. And then at the end of the game...

!{WAA--WAA--WAA}!
Warning: A Challenger Approaches

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Unlocking Sonic might not even be an option. I mean, it would be awesome to see the shadow figure of Sonic and be like "OMG ITS SONIC!" but if he is in Brawll, he might be a normal. Already in the character choice when the game Starts.
This way, Sonic can be on the Box and in the Intro Video. Make sense?

Sinn

Smash Lord
There's the possibility that, quite randomly, an odd emerald looking item will spawn on the stage you're playing. You pick it up. You get some bonus at the end of the fight saying "Chaos Controller" or something equally witty. Life goes on. About seven emeralds later, and the end of the match suddenly a new challenger appears...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Unlocking Sonic might not even be an option. I mean, it would be awesome to see the shadow figure of Sonic and be like "OMG ITS SONIC!" but if he is in Brawll, he might be a normal. Already in the character choice when the game Starts.
Sakurai is making all 3rd Party characters secret characters.
He said so himself.
Look in Samurai Panda's Translation thread.
End of speculation.

Mike966

Smash Cadet
It'd be great to see sonic in the opening video, but I still think he'll be unlockable, having him as a startes would spoil the surprise. I hope They put a second video as an extra with all character roster ( or maybe more scenes for the intro depending on the characters you've unlocked)!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The unlockable characters for 64 were in the video...but in shadows I thinks...I may be wrong

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What if Sakurai made two opening AMVs?

One at the beginning of the game like when you first get it and it shows all the starter characters only, and then the second one being when you've unlocked all the characters (/stages/items/secrets) and it shows everyone. This way nobody gets left out of the opening video and we get to see some cool prerendered CGI Mario vs Sonic action at the very end! (Because it's so climactic!... and AWESOME!)

Kor

Smash Apprentice
My apologies for not having read this whole thread. I just felt like dreaming up nonsense. :p

Anyway, just a list of Special attacks I'd thought up for Sonic, in days past.

B - Blue Tornado. (From Sonic Adventure 2). This attack, though it sounds similar to an attack of Mario's, has much different mechanics. Basically, Sonic, while rolled up in a ball, begins doing horizontal circles. Gaining a Small amount of heigh as he does it. This is drastically differnt from Mario's, as due to the amount of distance Sonic is moving, his Hit Box is actually moving around. So you could theoretically move in range and back out of range of this Tornado, without actually getting hit. This move also provides a small amount of Horizontal Recovery, though its chancy, as Sonic wont necesarily end his Tornado in any preset location.

B+Up - Chaos Control. (From Sonic Adventure 2). Unfortunately, this attack borrows a similar mechanic to Pikachu's Quick Attack.

B+Over - Loop d'loop. (From Sonic 1). Sonic performs a loop d'loop, as if he's on one of his platforming stages. This loop d'loop is a bit wide, so you'll need to be aware of ceilings, and any other collision objects. Similar to the Tornado, in that, Sonic is moving so much, that his hit box is traveling. An opponent coudl theoretically be directly above Sonic, and not get hit.

B+Down - SpinDash. (From Sonic 2). Sonic rolls himself into a ball, in a stationary location. While charging it up, he is vulnerable to dmg, if he is hit anywhere but his quills (so about 35-40% of the circumference). While holding down, you can push B up to 3 more times (so 4 power levels in total). Each additional charge increases the range and speed. The main point about this, is that once you release, and shoot off like a rocket, the B button turns into brakes. So pushed B once in an active SpinDash, brings you to a halting stop.

For Stages, I've chosen Emerald Hill (Sonic 2). A base, a pair of platforms, and a Corkscrew that acts as several tiny platoforms, in succesion.

*Forgive the corkscrew. It IS MSpaint, and a Corkscrew is a complex shape. =\

**Oh, and the Arrows are to show which part of the corkscrew is actually able to be stood upon.

SiD

Smash Master
Well, I was just coming in here to declare this thread dead. But a new moveset has stopped me. Not sure how I feel about a tornado as his B attack, nor of the loop d'thing in general, but nice effort nonetheless. I like the mechanic of the tornado, just not as the standard B attack.

Also, pretty cool idea for a stage. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom