• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
No gay, upbeat, garage band made, "follow your dreams" themed songs from next gen Sonic games... please.

That's the one thing that is turning most mature Sonic fans (espeically me) off to his games. It needs to be fast, prefferably synthesyzed, and something like what was found in the 2D Sonic games from the Sega Genesis.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
You do realise they wont actually put individual tracks from the games in. Every song apart from the Ridley fight has been a remix, or a totally new song. So sorry :/
Ummm... actually... you're wrong.
Look at the "My Music" update Sakurai JUST POSTED for us on Friday. Read it from start to finish and tell me it doesn't say this:

"Just so you know, there may be songs from other games that are left as is, without any new arrangement."

There are many, many, many songs. Some of them are going to be remastered, but most of them look to be left as-is. I believe that we'll only be getting songs that have been redone as updates on the Dojo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the song "Icecap"...

used it as a special boss battle in an RPG I made once...

Not a Sonic RPG but I used various songs from different games because I didn't have my own...(Planned on making my own but at the time I didn't have the software or instruments)...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
maybe so.

Kittens that snipe in your neighborhood? It's more likely than you think. . .

Can you like change your sig into one big image or something???

Wait, that's not a sig...it's SPAM!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
this thread wont last much longer...
It's proven to be quite the sturdy sonuva*****. Even without much Sonic news/rumors/ideas, this thread manages to crop back up. Although I admit that it is waning. But my point is that this thread will find a way of hanging on.

For Sonic is in the heart of all young smashers! *fists the air*

Really though, this thread needs a bone to be thrown to it. It needs some news or a new photoshop'd screen shot or something.

SonicMario

Smash Master
We're hoping we can keep this thread up to the pages of the original Ridley thread (How many exactly? I'm too lazy to find it out:laugh:)
If not bigger, the goal of reaching more then the Ridley thread without clsoing would be an excellent goal indeed. And just as NRWC said it being sturdy. We've been saying that we're running out of topics on PAGE 200. And look where we are now, 400 pages without a threat from the Mods. Just get our debates on Sonic, not if this thread survives another day.

Sonic 4 Brawl

(P.S. Today is my Birthday. 15 years old now:hipsmile:)

Cenedar

Smash Ace
We're hoping we can keep this thread up to the pages of the original Ridley thread (How many exactly? I'm too lazy to find it out:laugh:)
If not bigger, the goal of reaching more then the Ridley thread without clsoing would be an excellent goal indeed. And just as NRWC said it being sturdy. We've been saying that we're running out of topics on PAGE 200. And look where we are now, 400 pages without a threat from the Mods. Just get our debates on Sonic, not if this thread survives another day.

Sonic 4 Brawl

That's awfully ambitious. The original Ridley thread was friggin' huge.

But yes, I believe this thread will endure. We just need to find SOMETHING to debate or discuss for Sonic. Keep the faith alive, people!

Happy b-day SonicMario! One more year and you can drive! lol

Sonic for Brawl!

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Yeah it seems that you and me are the only long-time regulars that are left. But i'll keep posting here, even if you leave i will face the brunt of what n00bs will be saying. I'm surprised WIGZ haven't come back. None of the ol' regulars are almost never here anyway, Puffball64, Dyna, and NRWC. Even Kaid who created this thread has abandoned it.

Sonic 4 Brawl

EDIT: What Sonic music should appear in the "My Music" mode?
i got some good suggestion on what music could be good for sonic stage

sonic adventure 1 = station square = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LanQWpKAXpQ
or
sonic adventure 1 = Crank the Heat Up = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=79PVLsU2_fQ
or
sonic adventure 1= Emerald Coast = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhh8K2wJC1E&NR=1

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
sonic adventure 1 = station square = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LanQWpKAXpQ
or
sonic adventure 1 = Crank the Heat Up = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=79PVLsU2_fQ
or
sonic adventure 1= Emerald Coast = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhh8K2wJC1E&NR=1
Not a fan of "Station Square"."Crank the Heat Up" and "Emerald Coast" are the better choices. I wouldn't say they're the best choices but that's definitely the kind of music I like to hear in my Sonic games. I hate fruity punk-pop bands singing about chasing your dreams by running as fast as you can (because that's all we get from Sonic video game soundtracks now-a-days).

Personally, I would say go with something from an early Sonic game like... the very first Sonic game!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHL4vs566Yg

Memorable, a song from a staple setting to the series, and a perfect fit for a Sonic stage (the way he should be). You can't go wrong with what's worked so well. And imagine how well it would sound remixed and updated! OMG! I'm so stoked for Sonic after listening to this song!

If Sonic doesn't make it into Brawl... I swear to god I'll cry. No joke.

Caael

Smash Lord

Sonic 4 Brawl

Nah, you wont beat Ridley. Counting both threads, we now have over 10000 posts, and it's going up still. You've come just over half way, so....meh.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
not if i 9000 post!!! haha jk
that song from Metal Harbor in SA2 reminded me of Emerald Cost, which i really liked
i cant remember how Crank Up the Heat goes, so im not gonna say
Station Square, nah. I could however see it as a stage, kind of like a Onette stage.
i kind of liked some of the songs in the new Sonic games (note that i said some not all). The City Escape song was cool, but i go with what Dyce says: a remix of the original Sonic theme would kick-arse. but a techno Follow Your Heart theme from SA1 or w/e would be alrite. but i think a techno themed song would go in a Megaman category XD

Arteen

Smash Lord
If Sonic gets in, it will be because of his relevance in the Genesis/SNES days, so music from those games should get the most, if not all the representation. By the way, I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this before, but Project Chaos is a very nice remixed soundtrack of S3&K's soundtrack. I'd love to have music like that in a Sonic stage.

volbound1700

Smash Master
No one answered my question about what happened with the SEGA/ Nintendo convention rumor? People were saying that Sonic would be announced there.

Also my Music:

Green Hill Zone (Sonic 1)
Sky Fortress (Sonic 2)
Labyrinth (Sonic 1)
Oil Ocean (Sonic 2)
Intro Music (Sonic Adventure 2)
Aquatic Marble Zone (Sonic 2)
Underground City (Sonic and Knuckles)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Call me nutty, but I'm more fond of the remixes from Hedgehog Heaven (the Sonic 2 remix project) than I am of Project Chaos. Not that PC's BAD or anything...SnappleMan's Malicious Fingers is, like, the best track ever. And anything remixed from Hydrocity.

Also, Metal Harbor is, like, one of my favorite tracks from any game ever. And I have no idea why.

Lastly, that anti-Sonic thread is made of desperation and fail. I considered responding to it, but I think instead I'm just gonna let it die.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No one answered my question about what happened with the SEGA/ Nintendo convention rumor? People were saying that Sonic would be announced there.

Also my Music:

Green Hill Zone (Sonic 1)
Sky Fortress (Sonic 2)
Labyrinth (Sonic 1)
Oil Ocean (Sonic 2)
Intro Music (Sonic Adventure 2)
Aquatic Marble Zone (Sonic 2)
Underground City (Sonic and Knuckles)
What Sega/Nintendo conference thing....there hasn't been one to my knowledge....there was a nintendo solo conference but everyone thought their character would be announced there

Sinn

Smash Lord
There was a Capcom conference, then a Nintendo one.....and I think Sega's is still scheduled for later this month. I could be mistaken. In any case, I donno if I see them saying anything about Sonic in Brawl...I think we're just gonna have to wait longer and longer.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Oh, people came in and posted on this thread about little over a week ago that Nintendo invited SEGA to their meeting and it may be to announce Sonic in Brawl through a trailer... lol guess they were full of it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, people came in and posted on this thread about little over a week ago that Nintendo invited SEGA to their meeting and it may be to announce Sonic in Brawl through a trailer... lol guess they were full of it.
Sega was never invited to anything...

...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom