• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I present Icecap from Sonic 3.

When starting a level, You'll find yourself looking at a very basic level. 1 base, with two slanted platforms higher up:

That snow sure does pile up though, over time...

Wow... just look at all that snow. I'd be careful with those Springs... they might trigger an...

AVALANCE!!!

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
I think those top platforms shouldn't go to the end of the screne, they just slope up then stop. You gotta have room on the side. Where's the edge gurading :cry:

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, thats what I wanted of them, too.

I didn't mean for those top platforms to appear to go all the way to the end. The left side ends where you see the screen end. So to walk any futher than that, is a drop.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
approx, yeah.

I figure you could fit about 3 people on the upper platform, with enough room for atleast one of them to dodge-roll.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
EHHH!

Wrong answer!

SEGA's downfall can be squarely placed on their console timing/resource spending. It wasn't one game that did them in, it was this killer sequence:

Sega CD (Night Trap anyone?)
32X (WTF)
Saturn (Not powerful enough)
Dreamcast (Brought out 8 months earlier its a gem, 6 months later with faster hardware, its in the race. As it was, horrible timing from an underpowered machine)

AAAAAAAAND... boom!

Kor

Smash Apprentice
You said the samething I did... just without the word Shenmue attached.

I talked about how the development of the Saturn and Dreamcast kept being outpaced by the technology spike.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
You said the samething I did... just without the word Shenmue attached.

I talked about how the development of the Saturn and Dreamcast kept being outpaced by the technology spike.
Well then. Yeah, what he said!!

(Sry, didn't read most of post, just saw Shenmue. :chuckle:

Kor

Smash Apprentice
It happens. :p

So, any Sonic related Stage requests to do in paint tomorrow?

Typo_Brawler

Smash Cadet
I for one really REALLY want Sonic in brawl. But I havent see any prove or evedence. :( But he is the most requested 3 party chrater so thats a good sign. Theres still no soled profe but its a good chance he`ll be in brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Alright, I present Icecap from Sonic 3.

When starting a level, You'll find yourself looking at a very basic level. 1 base, with two slanted platforms higher up:

That snow sure does pile up though, over time...

Wow... just look at all that snow. I'd be careful with those Springs... they might trigger an...

AVALANCE!!!
Very nicely done. I would have put hills on either side of the main platform myself, but I think I like your idea of a Walk-off/Floating Stage mix. Very inventive!

And that was a funny touch trying to act like Sakurai. But at the end you should have put some quote
that sounds almost pathetic and involves an elipses and a stuttered consonant like "H-help! Can... can you get out!?"

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Just because a character has been confirmed, does not mean they are a starter. Wasn't Snake confirmed to be secret not a starter by Mr. Smash Bros himself?:confused:
yeah, i heard that before...thats why snake isnt on the site (but meta knight wasnt either till last week)....but 3rd partys are more than likely secret
come on, then people will do everything likle explore the stories to get them
once it leaks out nintendo makes a butt load of money just because 3rd party people...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or the baseball bat...

Imagine holding a chao in your hands and beating someone with it

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey who wants a Chao garden for Wii ware *Raises hand*

My favorite thing about the adventure games.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Easy one.
The sheild. It prevents like 3 melee atks or one B atk.

Or the Speed Shoes.
Similar to the bunny hood.

Or a Chaos emerald that raises atk. and can give good combos like the Super Spicy Curry.

SiD

Smash Master
Easy one.
The sheild. It prevents like 3 melee atks or one B atk.

Or the Speed Shoes.
Similar to the bunny hood.

Or a Chaos emerald that raises atk. and can give good combos like the Super Spicy Curry.
Or how bout a ring? It prevents all damage the next time you are hit, and then bounces away for you or someone else to pick up.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
A different idea for Ice Stage for Brawl.

By Pressing down you can fall through the bridge, the ledge outside of the cave is a breakable part of the stage is jumped on (respawns of course), the floating clif goes in and out of the water and while in the water you cannot swim, but your movment is slowed as your jump is slightly higher.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
What Sonic items could there be?
The TVs from Sonic 1 & 2 could easily be the crates, and the bubbl containers from Sonic Adventure be the barrels. :p

Edit: SeigK, I like your sprite usage, but I must say, the stage itself looks very bloated.

SiD

Smash Master
SiegK, I would like the stage, were it not for the lack of areas you could die in. I don't think it would work that well while fighting on the bottom, since killing upwards is even only a small portion.

Sinn

Smash Lord
That stage is like what Ice Climbers' stage should have been like in Melee to not suck so hard. I fully approve.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
That stage is like what Ice Climbers' stage should have been like in Melee to not suck so hard. I fully approve.
Bah, stupid confusion with 2 ice stages displayed. :p

which one are you talking about?

SiD

Smash Master
U can die on the sides, the end of the cave and on the left side. Its more of a damage stage, ive always wanted a stage where u just rack damage, Like Under Hyrule.
Yeah, but the area you can actually go in those is too small to me. It would be far to common on this stage to have percents upwards of 300-400, and I don't personally care for it. It is just my opinion though, if its your thing to be way hard to get kills than it's a great stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom