• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Oh be nice. So he's a little over-enthusiastic. That's no reason to try and string him up for it.

Let's keep it discussion-worthy, not simply insulting each other.:)

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Chemical Plant?

If your stuck there, I'm willing to bet its the part where you run so fast, you run off the slow moving platforms, and get stuck on that wierd little block bridge under the water.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I need to get the three old school Sonics for the VC pronto so I can understand some of these levels you're talking about x_x

And has anyone done a nifty image for a Sonic Adventure based stage, or are we kind of staying away from newer Sonic levels...?

Kor

Smash Apprentice
I need to get the three old school Sonics for the VC pronto so I can understand some of these levels you're talking about x_x

And has anyone done a nifty image for a Sonic Adventure based stage, or are we kind of staying away from newer Sonic levels...?
Meh. Its sort of up in the air.

It's a bit hard to make a stage based on Sonic Adventure, because Sonic Adventure's stages, were broken down into different section.

Like, Emerald Coast had the Beach Section, the Lighthouse section, the Island section, and the Planks section.

Which is why I'm generally trying to stay in the Sonic 1 - Sonic and Knuckles area.

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda mixed on Sonic's inclusion, dat brotha will steal the spotlight away from Pikachu, get it?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
And don't forget to get Sonic3! Definitely the best in the series by far. Plus, the music is awesome. If a Sonic stage's song were to come from any game, it should be this one or from Green Hills Zone in Sonic1.

EDIT:
But you're going to have to wait for Sonic3 on the VC. It's not quite out yet...

Kor

Smash Apprentice
I'd argue against getting Sonic 3 by itself.

I'd much rather see someone get Sonic 3 + Knuckles.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ok, if Sonic make it into Brawl does anyone think NiGHTS might make it in as an Assist Trophy?
That would be cool. And then in the next installment of Smash he/she/it could be a PC.

I'd argue against getting Sonic 3 by itself.

I'd much rather see someone get Sonic 3 + Knuckles.
Would there be a way for Nintendo to release a Sonic & Knuckles VCgame solo, and you can add your VCdownload of Sonic2 or Sonic3 at will? Because I wouldn't want to have to buy Sonic2, Sonic3, Sonic&Knuckles, Sonic2-&Knuckles, and Sonic3-&Knuckles.

Or better, just buy Mega Collection. <<
Much better idea! Why didn't I think of that?...

Sinn

Smash Lord
Does the Mega Collection have all three + Knuckles? That would be the best option then...I'm pretty sure my local Game Stop still has a used copy.

But just to mention, according to IGN, Sonic 3 came out for the VC as of September 11th.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Does the Mega Collection have all three + Knuckles? That would be the best option then...I'm pretty sure my local Game Stop still has a used copy.

But just to mention, according to IGN, Sonic 3 came out for the VC as of September 11th.
Oh wow you're right. It did come out. But definitely stick with the Sonic Mega Collection. You'll get so much more for so much less money in the long run. And to answer your question: yes, you can play Sonic2, Sonic3, S&K, S2&K, and S3&K. But you have to unlock the ability to combine the games, however.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Quote: "There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

Even though it is less money to get all those games (In SMC) unlocked, (The & Knuckles stuff) you do in fact SPEND something. That would be enourmous amount of coming back & selecting the game. All the beats you do getting out of the screen and then reselecting can get into your head as easily as an annoying rap. But i guess it does test your faithfulness to Sonic fandom. Who spent countless hours trying to unlock Ristar?

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Quote: "There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

Even though it is less money to get all those games (In SMC) unlocked, (The & Knuckles stuff) you do in fact SPEND something. That would be enourmous amount of coming back & selecting the game. All the beats you do getting out of the screen and then reselecting can get into your head as easily as an annoying rap. But i guess it does test your faithfulness to Sonic fandom. Who spent countless hours trying to unlock Ristar?
I got free lunch in school today. :pimp:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes, but you do know you still spent TIME getting your lunch.;)
It is completely impossible to have an 100% "free" lunch.

Sonic 4 Brawl

Who wants a Giant METAL Faster Curry Sonic? Or any other combination?

SiD

Smash Master
Did any of you guys ever watch Sonic X? Cause the japanese version with subtitles is actually pretty good. Dubbing sucks though, of course. ****ing 4Kids.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I got free lunch in school today. :pimp:
Hahaha! Pwnd!

Did any of you guys ever watch Sonic X? Cause the japanese version with subtitles is actually pretty good. Dubbing sucks though, of course. ****ing 4Kids.
I don't mind watching the Americanized Sonic X. It's not a bad show. Not as good as "Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)" or "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog", but it's pretty cool.

P.S.- Jaleel White, I miss you. Come back and voice Sonic in Brawl for me.

SiD

Smash Master
I pmed this to you but SWF is back up so here you go:

SiD said:
SiegK said:
SiD said:
SiegK said:
Yo, i cant enter and posts and id doesnt say the prob. Is the site doing work? or is it just me?
Naw, i can't either. I was wondering why none of my subscribed threads had posts for the past few hours.

Weird, anyway. I'm off school for the rest of the week. Any ideas for a lvl ya want? Ill make almost any Lvl. can make about 91% of all sonic Lvls
Hmmmm, does that include SA2?

Cause I think a moving level, based on Shadow's Sky Rail level that could include grind rails that you could grind on and these things:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the best stage for sonic would be in some kind of Robotnick's lab with him in the background attacking or something...like in a giant robot...and a cameo of Robo Sonic in a tube thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom