• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
ive recently reassured myself of sonic's inclusion in brawl

i know this has been discussed to death but what is one stage that defines the sonic series? the only thing i can come up with is the egg carrier or one of robotnik's ships.

the death egg maybe?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
So, like to the right as the Lvl goes on, and down sometimes if there is a fall? That might be cool. Im redoing the Winged Fortress at the moment. Then ill get on that.

ive recently reassured myself of sonic's inclusion in brawl

i know this has been discussed to death but what is one stage that defines the sonic series? the only thing i can come up with is the egg carrier or one of robotnik's ships.

the death egg maybe?
I did that already when I made my Complete Moveset for Sonic. It has his Final Smash in it though. So, yeah. Dont think it shows all of the level, but its same on both sides and u can see the left side. Let me find it.

FOUND IT!!

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Sonic should be in Brawl... and I pray for some Sonic the Fighters references in there. *gets on knees and begs for a Bean&Bark assist trophy*

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Sonic should be in Brawl... and I pray for some Sonic the Fighters references in there. *gets on knees and begs for a Bean&Bark assist trophy*
I've never heard of either one of them outside of Sonic the Fighters... So it not so likely as something like the Chaotix/E-123 Omega/etc.

However, if trophies are still in Brawl and Sonic's in, I hope to see trophies like Tikal, Chaos, Eggman, Nack (Fang), Sally, etc. as well as characters like them.

Also, horray for on-topic posts!

S 4 B!

SiegK

Smash Champion
Sally and the Freedom Fighters have nuthing to do with Sonic Team, they cant be in really, their archi characters from the Comix. Which is gey, cause there so many good old character that would have been awesome for the video games, but instead they had to create new ones. (Still working)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Sally and the Freedom Fighters have nuthing to do with Sonic Team, they cant be in really, their archi characters from the Comix. Which is gey, cause there so many good old character that would have been awesome for the video games, but instead they had to create new ones. (Still working)
Actually, Sally and the freedom fighters (or at least some of them) were original to the Sonic cartoon in the early 90s, often dubbed SatAM by the fans because it was shown on Saturday AM.
Ask most SatAM fans, and 98% of them will absolutely despise the Archie comic and their depiction of Sally. I've never read the comics, and from what I hear it's turned into some random female fanservice soap opera so I don't want to.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Actually, Sally and the freedom fighters (or at least some of them) were original to the Sonic cartoon in the early 90s, often dubbed SatAM by the fans because it was shown on Saturday AM.
Ask most SatAM fans, and 98% of them will absolutely despise the Archie comic and their depiction of Sally. I've never read the comics, and from what I hear it's turned into some random female fanservice soap opera so I don't want to.
Sonic SatAM was created from the comic. Sorry to correct you.

SiD

Smash Master
Pit 42 - That makes no sense.

SiegK - That's awesome, I admire your dedication. If only I could focus like that on my homework, maybe I'd actually get it done.

Anyway, I CAN"T WAIT to see the stage!!!! When are you gonna post it???????

EDIT: WTF? Apparently I got to 1000 posts. Yay me! (claps)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Don't get worked up SiegK, he's not being a jacksas, he's just mistaken.
1. I'm a girl.
2. Exactly, and thank you. I guess the SatAM fans I talked to were just in denial. -shrug- Doesn't change the fact that the Archie comics have turned into some terrible crossover between SatAM and game canon, which IMO are totally incompatible.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Green means where you can stand/walk.
Yellow means what you can grab onto/edges.
Purple nmeans areas where you can fall through to lower areas.

This is a moving Lvl, and restartd itself. As like the real lvl it comes from, there are many places to die as u get deeper into the level. This is an updated verion of Winged Fortress created earlier but slightly changed. Such as, sorry but i didnt let the last ship take u into outerspace, i saved that for my Death Egg stage. Instead, it just brings u to the start of the Lvl again where you 1st begin with the Tornado.

And for the Cleaned up version, now that you know how it looks.

(Pleas Note: This much of the stage will not be shown at one time, i just didnt wanna cut up EACH and every screenshot.)

Sorry for it being so big. :bluejump:

SiD

Smash Master
OMG, I think it's safe to say that that post is made of enough win to snuff all of the noobs on SWF.

If it were a computer in Melee, it's level would be 10. IT's that epic.

In case my comical musings weren't clear enough, AWESOME JOB!

The end.

SiD

Smash Master
Green means where you can stand/walk.
Yellow means what you can grab onto/edges.
Purple nmeans areas where you can fall through to lower areas.

This is a moving Lvl, and restartd itself. As like the real lvl it comes from, there are many places to die as u get deeper into the level. This is an updated verion of Winged Fortress created earlier but slightly changed. Such as, sorry but i didnt let the last ship take u into outerspace, i saved that for my Death Egg stage. Instead, it just brings u to the start of the Lvl again where you 1st begin with the Tornado.

And for the Cleaned up version, now that you know how it looks.

(Pleas Note: This much of the stage will not be shown at one time, i just didnt wanna cut up EACH and every screenshot.)

Sorry for it being so big. :bluejump:
Funny I had to do this right after you suggested it. AWESOMENESS = you!

Mike966

Smash Cadet
man I like to see how you took the time to do a great stage, thanx. It was my favourite stage of sonic 2

With the ICs update today I just can't stop thinking: Hey if Ice Climbers look so great in brawl, the way sonic will look (if he gets in) will be just amazing.

I really want sonic for brawl!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I love the idea! Like a horizontal Rumble Falls, only better because it's Sonic themed.

The only thing I don't like about the stage is the one part near the end, before you get on the second ship. The part of the stage with, like, a million platforms separated by two walls huge walls. Seems a little too complex. Some of the faster characters might make it up in a hurry if need be, but some of the slower characters would be dead on their feet. Doesn't seem too fair to me. Other than that section though it has GREAT tournament legal potential and it looks fun as all hell.

And do you start the fight ON the Tornado? Or is that a stage entrance thing?

SiegK

Smash Champion
I love the idea! Like a horizontal Rumble Falls, only better because it's Sonic themed.

The only thing I don't like about the stage is the one part near the end, before you get on the second ship. The part of the stage with, like, a million platforms separated by two walls huge walls. Seems a little too complex. Some of the faster characters might make it up in a hurry if need be, but some of the slower characters would be dead on their feet. Doesn't seem too fair to me. Other than that section though it has GREAT tournament legal potential and it looks fun as all hell.

And do you start the fight ON the Tornado? Or is that a stage entrance thing?
Yeah, u start ON the Tornado.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
that stage doesnt seem cool enough for "next gen" it seems like somthing that coulda been on the first ssb. nice job tho
You're looking at an alpha level mock-up of what the stage would be. The hardware is good enough to make anything look awesome.

Sinn

Smash Lord
...INSANE!!!

I'd totally play that level ALL THE TIME!

EDIT:
I just realized I have no clue which Sonic game this is from. Sonic2 I'm guessing? That's the only Sonic game I never owned. (Out of the original SEGA Genesis Sonic quadriolgy.)
According to Hedgehog Heaven, the Sonic 2 remix project that I love oh so much, you are correct.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I've never heard of either one of them outside of Sonic the Fighters... So it not so likely as something like the Chaotix/E-123 Omega/etc.
They were in Fighters megamix
--
Sonic is gonna have to be released in a video guys if he is in the game... >>; so... it might be awhile. If he is in the game it will be announced probably a week or so before the game's release.
---
:( Please have moves from Sonic the Fighters to make me happy... even though Sonic was the worst character in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom