• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Two suggestions for Sonic taking some moves from Sonic the Fighters:
(It's been a while since I've actually played the game myself, but after watching that video in Team Giza's sig, I thought of two moves that would work well for Sonic in Brawl)

Grab/dThrow- The infamous "Toe Stomp". Sonic has his opponent by their chest, lets them go and drops them on their feet, and stomps on their toes after increasing his foot's size two-fold. The opponent shoots their foot up into their hands and falls back over themself. (Set knockback; great for combos)

fTilt- "3-step March". Sonic sticks his right foot straight out at blinding speed, then his left, then his right, moving slightly forward.

And I like that one punch combo that Sonic does against Amy at the end of the video. That would be a sweet fSmash.

SonicMario

Smash Master
sonic fighters= worst game evar!
What makes you say that?

Just because it was a Sonic fighting game or that Sonic was the worst character (According to TeamGiza)? I've never tried the game yet, but still i would rather want to try this game before i even THINK of a horrible game to play like a CD-i LoZ game.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
What makes you say that?

Just because it was a Sonic fighting game or that Sonic was the worst character (According to TeamGiza)? I've never tried the game yet, but still i would rather want to try this game before i even THINK of a horrible game to play like a CD-i LoZ game.
becuz i have played it

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Battle for GBA was better the Sonic the Fighters, its where i got most of my moves for my Sonic movelist. Check it out on Page 282 of this thread. Also, Lvl almost Done.
Angel Island Act 1. Soncic the Hedgehog 3.
Oh god, I already know it's going to be epic.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Ill post it once we reach Page 431, so that it can be fresh and wont get page overed, ya know what i mean? (And thx for the Winged Fortress idea, wouldnt of had the idea for it to be a moving stage without ya.) And sorry i didnt make it go to outer space, thought that would be best for the Death Egg stage. Plus, u know you would wanna go through that again. haha.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Dude it looks awesome, Angel Island would be such a cool level for Brawl is Sonic is in.
I mean, all these stages I make are in 2D but of course if they were in Brawl the would look different.
So people, dont sey they dont fit cause they are all 2D and from old Sonic games, cause they would look different, its the idea and set up. Aight?

Approxemetly 16 posts per page so..we should be right about to turn the thread.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Alright, well here we got ANGEL ISLAND ACT 1!
The top lefthand corner ledge falls once you step on it, (like in the game and in other Stages Ive made), the waterfall logs continue to fall as you may step on them but not hang from. Also, the big platforms in the middle disappear and reappear such as in game (though it is seen in Act 2 not 1... SHUT UP), As too the smaller platform moves up and down, as seen in game, Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

SiD

Smash Master
I think we all need to agree on one awesome banner that we all would use. People start making cool Sonic banners, and we'll vote on the best one.

*gets to work*

SiD

Smash Master
It's alright, but i think we can do better.

EDIT: Here's what I got so far. Not great, but alright I think. I'll try to come up with something better tomorrow, and I hope you'll all do the same.

Afo

Smash Apprentice
Here's the one I use in a Costa Rican smash forum (yes we have one)... it´s simple but i Like how it looks... it gets the job done....
Though I do agree with many perhaps, that it should be resized (and translated duh)

I´m just lazy right now...

Team Giza

Smash Lord
sonic fighters= worst game evar!
Can you give me a reason? Cause its pretty **** good in my opinion. Even though the roster is lacking.

Sonic Battle for GBA was better the Sonic the Fighters, its where i got most of my moves for my Sonic movelist.
Sonic Battle was much more limited in terms of character play styles and competitive potential that Sonic the Fighters have. I played both games throughly, and I actually played Sonic Battle first. But overall I think Sonic the Fighters was still an all around better game than Sonic Battle. I also believe that Sonic the fighters was the best Sonic game from the 32/64 bit era. But its been along time since then... so of coarse most of Sonic's stuff is gonna be from newer sonic games if he is in Brawl. I would just want one... just one... move that was a staple of sonic the fighters gameplay.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just bumping my head in for a second.

I just watched some speedruns of the first three Sonic games yesterday, and I was reminded of how I loved Sonic when I was a kid.
I drew hundreds of made-up Sonic characters. Hell, I drew so many I was starting to anthropomorphize inanimate objects.

I guess I'm cool with Sonic in Brawl now... if Sakurai mainly bases him on his old-school self.

And if all else fails, Sonic should still be in.

Even if just for the sake of yelling "SONIC THE EDGEHOG" and hitting people who do so.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I really think Sonic should make it into Brawl. He'd be so aweosme. Would he be faster than Captain Falcon, would they be the same, or would Captain Falcon still be the fastest? That's what I'm wondering.

SiD

Smash Master
Like I said SiegK, I like yours, but I think we can do better. But, tis not only up to me. We should vote.

But yeah I figured one with SSS on it would be good.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Guess what!!

Alright now, this is a stage everyone can agree with cause it sticks to new Brawl theme. Changing stage within a stage, such as Castle Siege and Battleship Halberd.
Its a Mix of Hidden Palace Zone and Sky Sanctuary Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. If you remember, the change takes place when Sonic and Tails or Knuckles, stand on the teleporting ruby sphere in the after the ancient hieroglyphics showing Super Sonic fighting Robotnik. Instead, Ive put them in the same room.

The 1st Stage has a an equal ceiling and floor but no sides. Placed in the middle is the teleporting ruby sphere. A warp beam will draw all character up through the ceiling of the cave and teleport you to Sky Sanctuary Zone, only when all characters playing in the match either touch the sphere or are in a direct path vertically with the sphere and each other.

Once at the Sky Sanctuary, you will see the Death Egg above your head in the clouds, Angel Island floating in the distance and the ruby sphere, though you may not return to the Hidden Palace from this point. In either stage, the ruby sphere does not interact with ur movement, you cannot stand on it, run into it or hit it, untill activated it remains in the background.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Guess what!!

Alright now, this is a stage everyone can agree with cause it sticks to new Brawl theme. Changing stage within a stage, such as Castle Siege and Battleship Halberd.
Its a Mix of Hidden Palace Zone and Sky Sanctuary Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. If you remember, the change takes place when Sonic and Tails or Knuckles, stand on the teleporting ruby sphere in the after the ancient hieroglyphics showing Super Sonic fighting Robotnik. Instead, Ive put them in the same room.

The 1st Stage has a an equal ceiling and floor but no sides. Placed in the middle is the teleporting ruby sphere. A warp beam will draw all character up through the ceiling of the cave and teleport you to Sky Sanctuary Zone, only when all characters playing in the match either touch the sphere or are in a direct path vertically with the sphere and each other.

Once at the Sky Sanctuary, you will see the Death Egg above your head in the clouds, Angel Island floating in the distance and the ruby sphere, though you may not return to the Hidden Palace from this point. In either stage, the ruby sphere does not interact with ur movement, you cannot stand on it, run into it or hit it, untill activated it remains in the background.

BRAVO!

ME LIKEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom