• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Emergencey Topic reviver, ACTIVATE!!! *cue cool sci-fi sounds*

the humble ring. Sonic had rings to add to his points, but when he was hit, he lost them all. if he was hit with no rings, he was pretty much hurt.

so, instead of a healing item, the ring could act as a "one-free-hit" item. if you're hit while holding a ring, you don't get damaged for one hit. this could be a lucky break or a life saver depending on how much damage you have gained :)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes... one more chance for Sega. Well, maybe it's Sonic Team who deserves most of the blame...
Sonic Team didn't develop all the games. Although they did do all the 3D ones. So maybe you're right. The handhelds were actually helped mostky by Dimps. Sonic Rivals was developed by Backbone Entertainment (Which is actually a canadian dveloper studio)

Waluigi FTL.

How did this discussion get to be about him? Blech.
Just goes to show you how a topic can easily wander off...

Emergencey Topic reviver, ACTIVATE!!! *cue cool sci-fi sounds*

the humble ring. Sonic had rings to add to his points, but when he was hit, he lost them all. if he was hit with no rings, he was pretty much hurt.

so, instead of a healing item, the ring could act as a "one-free-hit" item. if you're hit while holding a ring, you don't get damaged for one hit. this could be a lucky break or a life saver depending on how much damage you have gained :)
That actually sounds good. It'd be similar to the Invisible Cloak thing only it stops after just one hit.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Ya the ring sounds like a good item to me! What about a chaos emerald. It make you guy liked powered up in almost everything.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Yes true true. Just an idea anyway. I guess since sonic is third party there wouldent be alot of items that come from his world. And if there are, they would probably have to be unlockable, so you wouldent figure out sonic was in from the start.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes true true. Just an idea anyway. I guess since sonic is third party there wouldent be alot of items that come from his world. And if there are, they would probably have to be unlockable, so you wouldent figure out sonic was in from the start.
Hmm... Unlockable Items sound interesting, but probably won't happen. So i may guess that if Sonic is Unlockable. There will be no Items. There wearn't any Game & Watch or Fire Emblem items were there in Melee?

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Unlockable Items sound interesting, but probably won't happen. So i may guess that if Sonic is Unlockable. There will be no Items. There wearn't any Game & Watch or Fire Emblem items were there in Melee?
Your probably right. Although unlockable items would be a neat idea for brawl eh?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
THE MOST popular character for Brawl? Yes. Is he in? I'm guessing. Is he gonna be on the Dojo? Why? lol.

I'm interested in his Moveset. I mean, you got all of his new stuff, yeah, but don't forgot about one of the most involving game that he had... Sonic 3. I hated the game, but it was one of the first that added different "attacks" in the form of his bubble shield.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
These days, I don't enjoy the game. I merely play for the story... with Sonic Heroes was lacking fully. Now Sonic 06... horrible voice acting, even worse dialogue... but so-so story.
yea im playing sonic 06 now...just got my a$$ whooped by sliver >_>

but yes not good voice acting

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, Silver was a ******* the first time I fought him. One time he grabbed me, threw me upwards, so that when I fell down he grabbed me again. ******* *******.

RDK

Smash Hero
CHAINGRAB, MOTHA ****ER!

Sonic '06's story was trash. Secret Rings was okay.

Sonic 4 Brawl

RDK

Smash Hero
your kidding right? Compared to Secret Rings, Sonic 06 was a work of art.
Meh, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I guess the camera in '06 just kind of killed the whole game for me....I wasn't even paying attention during any of the cutscenes, thinking about how crappy the gameplay was.

On a side note, where the hell is Del?

RDK

Smash Hero
I dunno, maybe he won a trip to the space station?
LMAO

Someone in here had a really good argument about M&S Olympics and Sonic's chances in Brawl. I think it was Vali. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd copy and paste it....

Vali

Smash Ace
i do. ill play any sonic game b4 a mario game
You'd play Sonic '06 before Super Mario Galaxy?

*Backs away from Suspect slowly* scratch that, with haste! *flees*

LMAO

Someone in here had a really good argument about M&S Olympics and Sonic's chances in Brawl. I think it was Vali. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd copy and paste it....
I remember you commenting on mine, so quite possibly ^^.

RDK

Smash Hero
Sick, man, sick.

Any Mario game > Sonic's recent games. In fact....I might even stoop so low as to say....

HOTEL MARIO > SONIC'S RECENT GAMES

*GASP* Yes, I said it.

Go ahead, lynch me. But everyone will know that I died honorably.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion

*Backs away from Suspect slowly* scratch that, with haste! *flees*

I remember you commenting on mine, so quite possibly ^^.
i sure would, ive never been a fan of mario games except smash, they seem to corny and gay

SiD

Smash Master
Sick, man, sick.

Any Mario game > Sonic's recent games. In fact....I might even stoop so low as to say....

HOTEL MARIO > SONIC'S RECENT GAMES

*GASP* Yes, I said it.

Go ahead, lynch me. But everyone will know that I died honorably.
*Lynch*

There is no honor. There is only post count.

RDK

Smash Hero
*Lynch*

There is no honor. There is only post count.
Well, in that case I'm covered. I'm over 1,000, bizzatch.

apparently LightLink17 is trying to be smart in the Diddy thread... the worst part about trying is that success is never guaranteed. the best part is that you feel like a winner at heart
That guy will never win. He's made of lose.

He's the proverbial Straw Man.

Garuda

Smash Ace
MASATOG... won best of GC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Either the people are delusional or we're in for one solid game.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Do you all think that for Sonic's alternative costumes he will change skin tones like kirby or change shoe colors like ness changes hats and shirts, or do you think he'll add clothing like pikachu/jigglypuff?

Garuda

Smash Ace
Saw it on google news. I can't share the exact link since I'm doing this on my Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom