• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Replay limit is the only bad thing
Lack of wavedash makes me happy
Why do people whine about tripping that much seriously in the 4 months I played brawl I rarely trip

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
"Advantage by Port". I died a little inside when I heard about this.
Also I use the Wii/chuck combo, and it's annoying that the only taunt I can use when pressing up on the control pad is the up taunt. I LOVE side taunts, but I need the left and right control pad buttons on specials for spamming because the B button is too hard to press rapidly.

starL33T

Smash Cadet
the main issue with the game is, the problems where they could have been easily rectified or just thought about for a second...
1-Alternate costumes, would have been SO easy to make, and would have been alot of fun but just for wario, and they're not great either, somthing like Mr. L for luigi and things like that, or Roy for Marth at least to seem like we are them.
2- Identical Final Smashes ... Lack of creativity perhaps?
3- Characters which should have been in along time ago (BANJO KAZOOIE!!!!!!!/PAPER MARIO)
4- Delays for Europe and Australia STOP COMPLAINING AMERICA geez.
5- also the fact that ppl ban items in tournaments shows how narrow minded they are, they are so fun, and with the right ones selected, they're fair aswell
6- The fact that the characters never evolved drom where they originated eg Samus is exactly the same in all of the 3 games, when she could have differed alot, in a good way from all the games out, and the generic huge beam FS that samus has is just uncreative, try Phazon beam, Hyper beam, Powerbomb, HyperMode, and dont change into XS samus, its just stupid.

Any one wish paper mario was in as much as me?

Jagice200

Smash Rookie
i hate the people who think they're the best because one time they beat a lvl 9, and only because of a smash ball or iteam
if you wanna test your skill, go to final destination and do you vs. 1-3 lvl 9's NO WEAPONS
yes that is challenging, and good practice

ok heres mine

1. Ike being able to knock anyone back with any of his moves. Come on now... his 3 hit combo can knock you out :(

2. Sonic smash is to cheap. At least when pickachu does his, it gives you a chance.

3. We all hate tripping

4. Dislike the one more users (pikachu, jiggly puff, yoshi, etc)

AAP

Smash Journeyman
oh man where to start...
well my biggest dislike with this game is how it is a poor continuation to a great series... i question if the series can even recover after brawl has peaked out.

why do i say this?
the game has shifted to promote camping and defensive strategy with projectile spamming being the majority of match with brief clashes to KO. Or even worse no clash at all if your using the "top" character in the game SNAKE.

which leads to my next point->SNAKE

In a game named brawl why is the gameplay more like spy games than brawling. the addition of this character exemplify's why this series (which i dearly love) is destined for failure. Really tho, does anybody have fun playing against snake??? (except when your beating his projectile spamming *** for ruining smash).

so the only argument against the campyness of smash is swords....an addition to smash (except for link...who never even got a decent sword) from melee which i was disappointed in seeing. I crossed my fingers and wished on stars for no swords in brawl (<-again the name brawl=punch etc) but instead smash was blessed by an increase in swords. Not only new swordsman but an essentially unchanged Marth. A character which was clearly dominant in melee comes in unchanged, ok fine......oh but wait WHAT!!!! they nerfed a bunch of other characters who were mediocre in melee.

and what a sad sad state it has made smash, i don't even watch videos anymore. I use to love watchin videos of melee, the speed, the timing, the skill. Now the best i can hope for are two people exchanging spot dodges, rolls and running away from each other, just waiting for someone to trip (has anyone complained about tripping yet?), but most high end matches are some ******* snake sliding from one side of the level to the other popping off mortars (in smash? really?), hauling out his bazooka or throwing grenades. This is suppose to be interesting, there is no way in hell MLG will ever pick smash up for this reason alone-> matches are BORING!

it almost brings me to tears, the wonderful cartoony nintendo fighting game has lost track of what made it unique and successful, fast, clean, fun gameplay with classic characters. If i wanted to blow people up, shoot and run or slash people with swords i'd go play halo or redsteel.

Avsfreak18

Smash Cadet
i hate the KO/SD threashold

i understand the reason for it(SD to reset damage) but if you just jump without being hit it should be a SD(let SDs be -2)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
There are a few things that I have problems with. The whole "Stage builder needs more options" or the typical "Online needs to be better". Don't get me wrong, I love how they were included in the first place so it is difficult to truly complain about it. But there is one thing that just ticks me off above all else in any other game. Mewtwo.

I only started using Mewtwo at the end of 2007. That was when I was getting all geared up for Brawl to come out. Of course it was delayed, again, but I still got to use my newly discovered Mewtwo and I couldn't wait to use him in Brawl. The thought of a new, improved Mewtwo was probably the thing I was most looking forward to.

I know this is fairly old news but when I found out that Mewtwo was cut I just couldn't believe it. And I wasn't one of those people that checked the Dojo everyday, I wanted to surprise myself. Boy was I ever ****ing surprised.

WHYYY!!! WHY SAKURAI (and others) DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!! :mad: My hopes and dreams were crushed because of you and now I won't be able to futher my love affair with my beloved Mewtwo. oh . . . what did you say? Wait until the next installment of Smash Bros? YEAH RIGHT!!! Wait another 10 ****ing years to use Mewtwo again. I'll probably be 30 years old by that time.

So now you know what I have lost and now you know what I can never reclaim.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering that Mewtwo was one of the Seven Deadly Fighters, he might make it back in SSB4. Also, since there has been a lot of negative reception regarding his removal, he might have a decent chance.

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
All this crap about "tripping is completely unfair to me, it makes me lose all the time." Seriously, your opponent has an equal chance of tripping as well. Losing an entire match purely because you tripped over once is God's special way of laughing at you.

So freakin' overated.

But while I'm here I'd like to add my 10c about the about of lag in online play. Only issue I have with Brawl.

Conker315

Smash Lord
tripping would be my only complaint
the other thing i can think of is that the games slow
for example melee was way faster and more tech
u had wavedashing and major mind games

uon_decided

Smash Rookie
complaint: wifi lag and the lack of communication. that's about it.
tripping isn't that bad. >_>

RL, FTW

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
All this crap about "tripping is completely unfair to me, it makes me lose all the time." Seriously, your opponent has an equal chance of tripping as well. Losing an entire match purely because you tripped over once is God's special way of laughing at you.

So freakin' overated.
I'm guessing you never play with money on the line?

Conker315

Smash Lord
lol very true there slart
imagine a money match
well say $100
and u trip while having 1 stock left at high percentage
then ure oponent comes and finishes u off?
triping can be ure friend or enemy
if it likes u ^_^

fredymartinez1

Smash Journeyman
Tripping and the lagging are the only flaws of brawl.................Brawl's AT will be discovered eventually just like melee's was...........

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
1. Tripping
2. Running Momentum does not carry over into your jumps,
3. Defensive side of the game is over powered to the point where it becomes a tripping fest.
4. Nintendo tried really hard to remove every possible AT from the game.
5. The freeze frames last way too long, (seriously try using a multi-hit attack, and then hit an opponent with that attack, in last like nearly 3 times as long.)
6. I got bored of it after just 4 months, when, well, I never really got bored of Melee.
7. The game is all luck no skill

**** you Nintendo and your targeting of the casual market.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
My complaints in order of ire inspired...

1. No downlodable content, because Miyamoto doesn't think my granny and 4-year old brother can handle a Wii HDD or downloading expansions to a game. Thus, we need to wait like five years for a chance to see fav characters or small features added to the series even though both producer and consumer would benefit from a DLC system.

Seriously, a game like Brawl is cut out for a pack of added characters - the work done must still be there, no?

2. Lack of balance. Seriously, Marth and Toon Link are redonkulous, and the heavies are still *** in general. Mario and Capt. Falcon feel useless.

3. Good quantity of new movesets, character choices not so good.
Seriously, Pokemon overload, Wolf over Krystal, no Ridley, a continuing lack of female characters...

4. The game is a little too slowed, floaty and geared for everyone, even though the old system - where casuals could enjoy it yet competitive players could use bugs like wavedashing on each other - was better.

5. Custom stages end up feeling sterile, poor design choices for Starfox characters, SSE has as many great moments as niggles - you know, small complaints take up this spot.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's been four months since release, and I still have not gotten over the horrible Brawl character roster.

Everyone told me I'd get over it after the game was released, but that simply wasn't the truth.

I still want R.O.B. out of the game. =P

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I still want R.O.B. out of the game. =P
you can't get R.O.B. out :laugh: ...or can you? 0_o

but anyway my complaints for Brawl would simply have to be

1.lack of tech skills - since Melee had all these advanced skills like wavedashing and l-cancelling and for Brawl not to have them simply made Brawl go downhill

2.online play - I'm sure i'm not the only one complaining about this, it's dissappointing that it turned out the way it did, and even though Nintendo's online isn't anywhere near Microsoft's online experience, I beleive Sakurai could have done better for it to at least be less-laggy which this game has, lag.

3.tripping - this by far has to be the worst addition to brawl next to the removal of tech skills, and for Sakurai to include it and make brawl "casual" simply doesn't cut it out for me, and some of you as well I assume.

4.Custom Stage Builder - I will say that that custom stage builder wasn't that bad, but I believe there could have been much more than what we got like an option to customize the regular in-game stages and to customize them to out liking (like adding platforms to Final Destination for instance), plus thre should have been an option to customize the target stages background which would have made this mode much more enjoyable.

5.Lack of another 3rd party character - Darnet Sakurai, I was very dissapointed when I found out that only Snake and Sonic where the only two 3rd party characters to make an appearance which really brought my hopes down to seeing another character such as Simon, Bomberman, and Megaman who I really looked forward to playing as.

6.Balanced gameplay- serioulsy some of the character such as Marth & Toon Link felt just that, unbalanced, also how could Captain Flacon go form good tier all the way to bottom? seriously, Sakurai needed at least another year for Brawl to even be like Melee IMO.

ThaPhantom07

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaPhantom07
The only complaints I have are the seeming lack of combos and the online mode sucking balls. Everything else is minor or I've gotten over it since release.

SilverSonic101

Smash Cadet
I spend hours on All-Star in Co-Op mode hoping to break the two Challenges for All-Star only to find out it must be 1-Player Mode. I hate that it's luck. And Action Replay players who are really KO'd but float back up to the stage. I also don't like the lag on Wi-Fi and the poor quality of it.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
No Mega Man, No Krystal, No Issac (as a playable), no Roy, no (another Fire Emblem character whether it be Sothe or Miciaih or Eliwood, et.), in other words: more characters needed!!! (duh! 35 or39 characters is soooo not enough lol).

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart may appear to be lag free but it really has the same if not worse lag, you jsut cant see it. Try hitting someone with a turtle shell while they are sitting still, it takes like 2 seconds for it to actually register. Smash just has to be exact for both people so visual lag is necessary; if it did it like mariokart, you would get smashed when you think y our opponent is across the map. Which sounds worse?
THANK YOU.

There are also the mass errors that boot you from the room, and to further prove lag, the opponents might as well be bots, I'll have someone on my right, on DK Summit, and the following happened.

1. He was in 1st, but the blue shell went further out, when it impacted, he was "magically" there.
2. I have 3 green shells, I ram someone from behind who had a banana peel. I spin, and lose all of my shells.
3. Lagged out from the match. "You have been disconnected from the other players."

Mario Kart's wifi is smoke and mirrors, you can't know all the lag warps your opponents are doing behind you.

And Brawl lag is user generated. I can have clear fights on Basic/ team battle, and with ceartin friends. So everyone get an anti-virus, unclog your memory, and tune up your router settings.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No Mega Man, No Krystal, No Issac (as a playable), no Roy, no (another Fire Emblem character whether it be Sothe or Miciaih or Eliwood, et.), in other words: more characters needed!!! (duh! 35 or39 characters is soooo not enough lol).
It wasn't so much the number, although 35 was the lowest we expected... It was the choices.

I still want my Isaac. :(

16BitAlex

Smash Rookie
And Brawl lag is user generated. I can have clear fights on Basic/ team battle, and with ceartin friends. So everyone get an anti-virus, unclog your memory, and tune up your router settings.
Not to mention quit your dial-up service. Those are laggy. Better yet, leave your computer off when playing matches.

My complaint now:

The continue and game over songs make me want to find the composer and beat him until he dies from his injuries. Also, they should make it so that continue doesn't have any penalty of any sort.

I would also rather have Krystal instead of Wolf for the fact that she would be far less of a clone of Fox.

Hype

Smash Lord
Why does wifi have to suck so much. Xbox live is such a better online system. I don't mind paying $60 per year for Minimal lag in a 16 player match. I could go on for like 2 pages about why its better, but I wont.

Lag sucks! I played against a kirby who literally only did his up B on the ground and his down air abouve me. they were so perdicatble but i kept getting hit by them. Lag sucks!

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention quit your dial-up service. Those are laggy. Better yet, leave your computer off when playing matches.

My complaint now:

The continue and game over songs make me want to find the composer and beat him until he dies from his injuries. Also, they should make it so that continue doesn't have any penalty of any sort.

I would also rather have Krystal instead of Wolf for the fact that she would be far less of a clone of Fox.
No they shouldn't. Besides, none of the levels are that long to redo. What I do is make sure I always have 1,000 coins in the bank.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's Brawl. I can play Mario Kart just fine, almost no lag regionally but when I try to play Brawl I can't even connect. It's a case of ****ty online. My only hope is to add people for online to work and even then sometimes it lags and drops the games.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I don't like that Toon Link and Falco are playable, they could have used their spot for someone different and original. Not enough great character choices, and some great choices left out.

Krystal. Micaiah, Isaac, Dixie Kong, and not even a true new female.

These are my complaints.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
I posted this in another thread but since everyone was being a v-a-g-i-n-a im going to post it here.

For those of you who play Metal Gear: Do you remember the first codec call that The Boss made with “Naked Snake” A.K.A-Big Boss? it’s the opening virtuous mission and she goes on to explain the change in the times and how peoples values change over and with the times as well….if you have the game….go listen to it…it’s a really interesting part of the game.

-POF

DUDE!!! as soon as you talked about the game flowing with the times it remeind me of Big Boss's speech about loyalty to the end, and the speech she said at the begining of the game like you said!!! OH MAN i gotta reply mgs1 2, 3, and buy mgs4
GREAT use of Big Boss's speach in the virtuous mission
btw "I NEED SCISSORS 61!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" mgs2 was so great

Shin_Yamato

Smash Rookie
Captain's nerf... ganon's nerf... MK brokenness.

I hate tripping though. Its to random. I also hate how many glitchs there are. And the list will keep going...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom