• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Hi. Long time reader, 1st time poster, and I have a Brawl-related complaint.

I'm tired of all the Brawl haters spamming up the **** Brawl threads! We get it! You hate Brawl! You like Melee more. STFU already! Everyone has the right to voice their opinions and all that crap, but there is a place for that. You have this entire thread here (the Brawl Complaint thread) to ***** and complain about Brawl; stop stupifying the rest of the Brawl threads. Most of the time, it feels as if the anti-Brawl/pro-Melee trolls are satisfyed until they've forced their opinions on everyone and everyone's sharing the same mindset. I mean, I've visited the Melee threads, and you don't see Brawl fans spamming those threads. I've said it before and I'll say it again; hate Brawl and like Melee? Go to the freakin' Melee boards!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

I'm tired of all the Brawl haters spamming up the **** Brawl threads! We get it! You hate Brawl! You like Melee more. STFU already! Everyone has the right to voice their opinions and all that crap, but there is a place for that. You have this entire thread here (the Brawl Complaint thread) to ***** and complain about Brawl; stop stupifying the rest of the Brawl threads. Most of the time, it feels as if the anti-Brawl/pro-Melee trolls are satisfyed until they've forced their opinions on everyone and everyone's sharing the same mindset. I mean, I've visited the Melee threads, and you don't see Brawl fans spamming those threads. I've said it before and I'll say it again; hate Brawl and like Melee? Go to the freakin' Melee boards!
QFT.

Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Brawl is balanced! Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Brawl rocks Melee sucks. Brawl rocks Melee sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Spam. Spam. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Brawl rocks Melee sucks. Brawl rocks Melee sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Metaknight is broke! Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Brawl rocks Melee sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. I like cheddar cheese. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Brawl is unbalanced! Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Snake is broke! Melee rocks Brawl sucks. Brawl rocks Melee sucks.

^ Sums up General Brawl Discussion.

We've got the point. Move on now.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
A compilation of my complaints about Brawl

Sakurai stated in his update last week that slipping is, indeed random with his Luigi Final Smash update.
No, he did not. He said that opponents within the Negative Zone had an "increased likelihood of slipping," which is in no way the same thing as saying "slipping is random."
• If the post says that inside the Negative Zone Luigi’s opponents have “increased likelihood of slipping”, it means that characters already have a natural likelihood of slipping and, therefore, slipping is random. The implementation of tripping hasn’t added anything constructive to the mechanics of the game and has been a major bother especially for competitive players due to its random nature. All Brawl players who I have known would gladly turn off this feature;

• The concept of alternative clothes has been marginally implemented, the presence of Ike’s lord clothes, other Samus armors and female Pokémon trainer would make nice additions;

• The online service is lagged, has unpractical utilization, serious communication issues, and makes no efforts for providing a support to a competitive and social scenario. The addition of rankings, online tournaments, updates and patches, more options for sharing user-made content and news would be ideal, though I recognize that the limitations of Nintendo’s newly implemented online service would not be capable of delivering these options on a near future;

• The roster isn’t very far from the ideal, I wouldn’t change it very much: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168062&page=24

• The “Masterpieces” demos are very few and the time you can play them is less than the minimum necessary for the player get interested in buying their copy of the game at the Virtual Console Store;

• With only five generic stages for all the characters, target test isn’t as good as it was in its predecessors;

• The My Music feature should give the player more options for customizing his music experience (Allowing to assign music inter menu and stages, control over the music of the various game menus) and more precise information on the chance of a song playing;

• No stages from the original Super Smash Bros., not enough stages from Melee, poor adaptation of the Melee stages, some Brawl stages sucks;

• Two minutes match being the standard match set-up, making players who prefer stock battles having to reconfigure the options every time they start a group match;

• The trophy collection didn’t follow up the expansion of the character roster, isn’t much diversified and did not attend all its expectations. The trophy collection basically consist of (from top to bottom) SSB enemies and items, Pokémons, Kirby and Super Mario related stuff, and the “rest”;

Since no-one reads these so I guess I can rant here as much as I want. THE ENGLISH VOICE ACTING IS HORRIBLE! David H is a great, and MK doesn’t have such a bad voice. They TOTALLY screwed over falco and Pit... PIT!! OMG HE ****ING SUCKS BECAUSE OF HIS VOICE!! And many other characters. Luckily they kept Marth in Japanese. Ike is so bad, he's is SO bad. He lost all the coolness he had. Haven’t heard the female actresses, but I’m hoping they aren’t so bad, since they usually don’t **** it up as badly.
• Some voice acting sound strange in some characters and irritating in others. Pit is the perfect example (although I don’t agree with Wight opinion over Ike’s voice acting);

• The classic mode has returned with categorized battles (Zelda series first, then DK, and so on…), which becomes a little repetitive over time and reduces this mode longevity. The same can be said about All-Star mode;

• Character specific trophies that require the player to complete a task various times with different characters;

I've heard it a few times this form; what are delays?
• Delays are the main reason for European smashers’ hysteria;

• Wario’s moveset is mainly aerial, which does not represent his heavy and powerful nature from his adventure games (Wario Land for example). A more wrestler oriented moveset with powerful smashes and grabs would make him a much more interesting character;

• It isn’t possible to transfer or copy SSBB data, the reasons why are beyond my comprehension;

• Stickers where great additions to the gameplay, but their use is limited for Subspace Emissary mode only;

• Moves don’t suffer decay and you can’t take screenshots on training mode.

• The lack of angles and poor zoom at the pause screen work against you when you are trying to take the perfect screenshot. A 360° free roaming camera would be the ideal.

• CPUs completely ignore each other when players are recovering and got near perfect reflexes (a fox perfect shielded every single jab I delivered before grabbing me),leading many players to a momentary WTF frame of mind;

• Brawl let’s you customize almost every aspect of a match, almost. A “Random Character Switch would” and a “Personal RCS” would be nice. So you can train against the enemies you have more difficulty and train with all your mains as well;

• The coin launcher is overly simplistic and gets repetitive really quickly; and there is no other way to collect trophies at a reasonable time. The trophy spams are random and newer trophies appearances are rarer over time. There is no indication of the possibility of a new trophy spam;

• There isn't much unlockable content for the stage creator and players can grab edges previously occupied by perishable blocks;

• Chaingrabs, infinites and a lot of unbalancement between the tiers;

• Smash DI can't be executed in most C-stick configurations.

turbinator

Smash Cadet
Online is absolute garbage compared to mario kart, target test was dumbed down. I don't mind the new system but they should have included at least double the stages. And last of all computer ai in free for all. Whoever thought it was a good idea for the computers to gang up on you in free for all is an idiot.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman

amen! :bee:

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
I wish sonic could have been better. I might have mained him, but he is just totally not my playstyle. If you're gonna add a third party character that people have been begging for, you should make him good. he is most popular among the 7-10 year old smash community who use him because "He has pretty blue spikes!" or "Because sonic is awesome! He is like, better than snake!"
You forgot about how he has some of the nastiest recovery in the game, how his air game compliments his recovery very well, and how he could run circles around your main.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm going to complain about Snake today.

When Mario uses his cape on Snake's cypher, Snake gets another cypher.

When Mario uses FLUDD on Snake's cypher it helps his recovery.

^^Makes me want to punch Sakurai in the face.

When creating Solid Snake as a character, you would think that he would be a strong character with decent speed, however his recovery would be bad and as a character from a stealth game, his range would be short. However Solid Snake has everything, including invisible hit boxes that stretch far beyond where he can reach.

My brother came into the room while I was watching a replay my friend sent me and he looked at the screen during a stamina match and saw Snake do a forward tilt, and he goes "Wow, did Snake's forward tilt just do 20 damage?!" and sadly I had to confirm it. Snake's forward tilt does more than many character's smash attacks.

From what I read Snake is the third heaviest character in the game. You have to be kidding me. Snake is the 3rd heaviest character in the game? Why? Because he has weapons? Look at him, he looks much lighter than Ganondorf. To top it all off, his recovery takes him so far, and he can even c4 recover so from what I understand he can recover from ANYWHERE.

Snake's forward tilt, up tilt and standard a combo frequently kill me. When that happens I want to throw my controller at the TV.

I'm also near-sighted so I can't see where he plants things. Thank God for Donkey Kong and running around with his down b.

Snake's forward smash kills at ridiculous percents and can be used as an edgeguard.

His up smash sometimes still hits me, even when I airdodge.

Snake sliding. Once again, thank God for DK's down b.

Seriously whoever said "OK, Solid Snake is balanced now!" is an idiot.

DethToll

Smash Cadet
*uses Rest to try and KO, but it doesn't even come close*
*trips*
*gets killed by Snake's utilt*

Nope, no complaints.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Jigglypuffs rest is absolutely terrible now. As is everything else in Brawl.

The game is slow.

No L-Cancelling.

No Wavedashing.

No Skill.

Tons of mirrors.

Whenever my friends come over, they say "Let's play brawl". And I'm like. "**** you'.

sohel2

Smash Rookie
Smash Bros is the new official site

I was playing against this one guy yesterday and the entire time I was 3-4 stocking him. Then he chose Pit against my Sheik and spammed his arrows and smashes. He actually got me down to my last stock

mariesue66

Smash Rookie
Since I am still new to this. I am not encountering too many problems at the moment. Hopefully someone here will be able to help if i do have problems

Anciant2

Smash Cadet
My biggest complain is tripping. Who even wanted tripping?
My other complain was the wifi with friends, when you make a room it should notify your friends that you've made a room instead of waiting for them to notice. Espicially when they are playing with anyone because they were waiting for you to log on, and when you do log on and you make a room, they wont know and they'll just keep playing with anyone.

DethToll

Smash Cadet
My other complain was the wifi with friends, when you make a room it should notify your friends that you've made a room instead of waiting for them to notice. Espicially when they are playing with anyone because they were waiting for you to log on, and when you do log on and you make a room, they wont know and they'll just keep playing with anyone.
I absolutely second this. And since you can't message them or anything (there's another complaint)...

pnoid

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff

jiggly puffs up and down B and too underpowered now, down-B doesnt make characters go far enough and if i even get people asleep, they can wake up and attack me before i can get them! Wtf?

dead_cell

Smash Cadet
this sticky is epic.
my complaint is that they slowed the game down by what feels to me to be about 1.3 times.
however, this change actually improved character selection as slow chars can now be used relatively well, ask anyone in the bowser boards. lol
that, and loading time, does anyone else have the same problem with their wii taking a few secs to load rather than like a millisecond for melee to load?

viparagon

Smash Ace
I used to think melee was a lot less balanced than brawl. What was i thinking. Sakurai must have been out of his mind when he created snake and metaknight.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
jiggly puffs up and down B and too underpowered now, down-B doesnt make characters go far enough and if i even get people asleep, they can wake up and attack me before i can get them! Wtf?
yea wats up with that they wake up the second you finish you song...

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
1) Some characters are just overpowered in general. I'm sure you all know the characters that I'm directing this rant at, so I won't say the names. I know that these are characters also, but I hate it when someone with absolutely NO SKILL just decides to be cheap and use this character. And than, on a blade of luck, wins because of how easy the character is to use.

2) This one is sort of like the first rant. Topic: "OMG, Spam Specials Plz!"... I hate it when, during a Wi-Fi game with ANYONE, someone uses... Let's say... Kirby. (Don't Hate Me For This, Kirby Fanatics.) A lot of people use Kirby and just keep using Up-B and Down-B. Another example is Pikachu. The typical Pikachu spam technique would be this. Neutral-B, Neutral-B, Neutral-B... Until the opponent gets close, in which case Pikachu goes all Down-Smash and Down-B on the opponent.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Here are my complaints:
-Tripping its friggin stupid and RANDOM!
-The should be more background and options for the stage builder
-The fact that fox,falco and wolf have the same final smash is stupid

and i think thats it :p

NightVision

Smash Rookie
What I want to complain about is the Ice Climber down air. THEY GO STRAIT DOWN! I've been annoyed at this since I got the game. And more than once have I gotten a self destruct because I forget that this isn't melee.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
WHY CAN'T WE PLAY CUSTOM STAGES/SPECIAL BRAWLS ONLINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

That.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
The ruined the airdodge to get rid of wavedashing, a technique that wasn't cheap and gave the game more depth, while making chaingrabs, a technique that we could easily do without, even cheaper and EXTREMELY easy to perform (to the point I either think that either they never tested multiplayer because they were busy making gay single player modes, or because Sakurai felt like designing brawl for the sole purpose of sticking his middle finger at the competitive community).

Now, I'm not saying that brawl would have needed wavedashing to be as good as melee, but I want my old airdodge back. Why couldn't they have just made it so that when you airdodge into the ground you just stay in the airdodge pressing up against the ground to get rid of wavedashing?

poisonplatypus

Smash Rookie
i used to be like all of you guys complaining about how a part of the game suck or something, but then i just figured out about the game, its main problem is that it just plainly sucks. everything about it compared to melle makes it worse except the more characters, but if melle and xbox live kind of online it would rule. so i quit, and ive gone back to ssb64, and melle. keep brawling to those who are still interested in it....

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Everything that is wrong with Brawl:

-limited stage builder

-Wolf, Fox, and Falco have the SAME basic final Smash (link and T.Link do too)

-TRIPPING!

-It has been made too slow, which ruins the adrenaline rush.

-By removing wavedashing and dash dancing, they made player movement 10x more predictable which
favors boring camping. (camping +1)

-L-cancelling has been removed so using aerials against a person standing puts you at a disadvantage (camping +2)

-Perfect Shielding is easier and now reduces all lag, letting you hit your opponent back nearly every time. (camping +3)

-The only combos that you can do with grabbing is chain grabbing, which are now easy and too effective.

-Combos themselves hardly exist anymore because your opponent doesn't stay stunned long enough.

-Combos also don't exist because the new air dodge is easy and spammable. You can't juggle either.

Melee for life!

ashiq1

Smash Rookie
Officsal site

This one is sort of like the first rant. Topic: "OMG, Spam Specials Plz!"... I hate it when, during a Wi-Fi game with ANYONE, someone uses... Let's say... Kirby. (Don't Hate Me For This, Kirby Fanatics.) A lot of people use Kirby and just keep using Up-B and Down-B. Another example is Pikachu. The typical Pikachu spam technique would be this. Neutral-B, Neutral-B, Neutral-B... Until the opponent gets close, in which case Pikachu goes all Down-Smash and Down-B on the opponent.

Frio

Smash Champion
-The replay limits bugs me too.
-Triping also sucks
-The lack of wavedashing makes me cry at night:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom