• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
yea i have a complaint...

most people in the game have a rival or friend in the game...
so why didnt they add Shadow The Hedgehog?!?!?!

are they stupid?!?!

Shadow is the 2nd most fav character in sonic games!

if theres a Sonic there has to be Shadow

fkacyan

Smash Hero
One complaint wouldn't do justice to the epic fail that IS Brawl.
90% of people who say Brawl is epic fail are those who don't win. The other 10% do, and are justified in it.

I'm banking on the fact that you're within the 90% collective thar.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Now who's making stereotypes?

Anyway, I guess I'm in that 10%, which is probably actually a much higher percentage than you'll admit. Most of the Brawl tournaments I've been to, the winner preferred melee. Funny how that works.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
90% of people who say Brawl is epic fail are those who don't win. The other 10% do, and are justified in it.

I'm banking on the fact that you're within the 90% collective thar.
65.3% of all statistics are just pulled straight from peoples' *****.

owait

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
You know what really sucks?

All this crap brawl has, and it is not even out in NZ yet. I still have to buy it!

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I really wish they did make Melee 2.0. I'd be fine with just a few changes in mechanics and new characters and better graphics. That's all I need. I'd even be fine with the same stages. And the only changes in mechanics that I'd say are necessary is just better controls for the game. It seems that in Brawl you tend to do what you meant to do more often than in Melee. I can't quite express that in a term or anything, but I think you get what I mean.

Other than that, Brawl's fun as a party game. For me it's hard for it to be anything more. I think I have more fun with 64 than with Brawl.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
not a fan of the online play (is anybody?)

also, I hate almost all of the new stages. they should have included all of the old ones in the game and kept out something like the masterpieces (someone else's idea, I just totally agree)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
yea i have a complaint...

most people in the game have a rival or friend in the game...
so why didnt they add Shadow The Hedgehog?!?!?!

are they stupid?!?!

Shadow is the 2nd most fav character in sonic games!

if theres a Sonic there has to be Shadow
*Epic Facepalm*

You mean rivals as playable characters?

Olimar, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Snake, G&W, Luigi, Peach, TL, R.O.B., Samus, IC, Pit, PT, Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Falco, DK, Diddy, Marth, Ike, Lucas, Ness, and Sonic.

69% of the Roster has no connection with other 'rivals' as playable characters. Your logic is...
Shadow's lucky he was put as an assist trophy.

Comments like these make me question the intelligance of half of the posters in the GBD.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I have ONE friend who was good at Melee and he doesn't play Brawl much because it isn't deep enough, so I can't really get good at the freaking game.

Stupid Brawl.
All you need to do is watch a few good people play brawl and then you'll be good. You don't even need to play. Just imitate dumb campy strategies.

M2K(DeDeDe) vs Azen(Lucario) ,you can easily use the "related videos" to find the other 4 matches.

Cort(Snake) vs PC Chris(snake), once again, you should be able to find the other match. I actually already posted this one a bit before.

You'll be able to find lots of good related videos off these.

After watching these videos, I was twice as good. I picked up snake and slaughtered with him when I hadn't really used him outside of subspace and picking a random character.

Anyway, another complaint about Brawl: In melee my favorite characters were also my best characters and the characters I had the most fun playing with. In Brawl, the characters I'm best with are characters I hate and the characters I have the least fun with because all I do with them is camp (if I want to win). I feel bad every time I pick dedede or snake, probably my best two characters.

Magitek111

Smash Rookie
I only have one complaint.
I just HATE the fact that loads of people have Brawl already and have probably completed it 100%, yet I haven't even been able to play it due to lazy release dates.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
All you need to do is watch a few good people play brawl and then you'll be good. You don't even need to play. Just imitate dumb campy strategies.

People I play online say I'm good but I personally think a rival is the best way to get good and you know. Wifi.

Watching videos and stealing dumb campy strategies isn't effective. Especially when I play Sonic. Videos do help but it's not enough.

What I need is practice. Preferably offline practice with someone good. i.e. a rival. Also maining Falco and seconding Sonic is probably the way to go but screw that. I'm getting a car soon so I can go to Bi-weeklies hopefully.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
My biggest problem with brawl isn't so much that the game is different. It basically took any attention Melee was getting, and removed it. Now we are left with a game that sucks in competitive play, and Melee is dwindling.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
My biggest problem with brawl isn't so much that the game is different. It basically took any attention Melee was getting, and removed it. Now we are left with a game that sucks in competitive play, and Melee is dwindling.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think you just summarized everything I was trying to say in 1 sentense, the second one written.

zoofrek

Smash Rookie
I was hoping for more characters. There should have been more enimies from other games.

:lucario:

Plaz

Smash Rookie
Only complaint is that Brawl completely shifted the genre to party game instead of fighting game. I do love Brawl, considering it as a standalone. But to think of it as anything like a sequel makes me cry. It is absolutely one of the best games of all time, but any talk of the degree of competitive play that we had in Melee is ignorant. It's just a great game, not something to brag about any prowess in.

P.S. GameInformer put it pretty well when they said "you're just as likely to win if you let your dog chew on the controller."

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
My thoughts that I am sure are shared by somebody in the last 69 pages..

Story mode was somewhat interesting but was boring and repetitive. Why make a ten hour story mode when 95% of the time you are doing the same stuff over and over as far as fighting enemies goes.

And no race to the finish??

Whats with target test? 5 levels? Ok I suppose except now there is no point to even mess improving the times. 35 characters times 5 levels equals who cares about good times you just want to get the 175 target tests done. blah..

15 minute brawl bothered me. I don't like lengthy things that are not based on skill but rather what explosives don't appear under you when you are attacking the alloys. The enemies could already do to much damage as is...but the fact that I lost in the last two minutes at least five times from explosives appearing under me mid attack is disgusting.

Online mode is crap. I am sick and tired of losing close battles due to the lag crap. Make a decent online system nintendo! My character is average speed so in battles against quick opponents I for one need what I press to happen. Not some slowed down fantasy version if it even happens at all. Or even worse something I didn't press happens and runs me off the edge to my death. Thats always a thrill. And when I go to the random player brawl why does it take 30 minutes to find somebody. I doubt its that hard. And oh, why not make it something other than very high items for 2 minutes. Why Nintendo?? On top of all of that you should be able to send messages to your friends...who is it going to hurt to be able to do that?

As far as the actual "brawl" goes it just gets worse. Its plainly obvious there was an agenda with people like snake and metaknight and falcon/ganon...etc. How can they in their right minds make some people so good and make others so bad? Basically they make garbage characters and force people to use some select few. Every character needs to be unique but show some love nintendo and make ALL the characters capable of being top tier. I don't like the way all of the best characters from the last game seem to have been nerfed in the this one as well. My main Peach, is just a shadow of the caliber she was in Melee. Was it necessary to remove or weaken ALL of her killing moves? I suspect the same has occured for many. Another thing, stop making clones!!! Either make them different or get rid of them. And also why do we need 5 mario related characters but nobody from say the golden sun series except an assist trophy. Um..ok.

The "weight" also seems distorted in this game. I think that people should fly when hit according to how much they weight. Is that a problem or something? I hate it when seemingly light characters like the ice climbers have got to be some of the strongest in the game. They are pipsqueaks and should fly far when I hit em. Same applies to people like kirby and others.

Tripping was not a good idea, but I don't think its as bad as some make it out to be.

Up B moves need to be thought over. Some are too good/bad. Toon link is one of those that seems to live far to high for his size already and his up b is so good its almost impossible to kill him without SDing on the edge. Others like ness's are just unfairly bad. Just jump into the upB and hes done. Not right. There is more I could say as far as damage that they do but this suffices.

Reflectors. A reflector should be a reflector. I don't like some reflectors beating others its just silly. How can you beat a reflector? I think the duration on some of them should be shortened as well. Marth shouldnt be able to sit there for like an entire second able to block anything whatsoever. How about a short window so he actually has to show some skill to reflect it hmm?

Items..not to many complaints. They are supposed to be unfair I guess...except final smashes. Wow they really blew these. The differences between characters are amazing. I just don't know what they were thinking. Take Jiggleypuffs for starters. Its a joke. If the level is of any size at all you can get away no problem. And even small levels well timed jumps will get you away. Same applies to DKs, and a few others that have 'circular' powers. Like Luigi, I can get away from it 95% of the time and then what can he do other than dance in his circle? Others like Marth, Ike, the links, Snake don't require a lot of skill and you can just kill somebody on a brand new life. Sonic gets even worse because a really good one can probably kill you twice if you are really high % when he gets it. A few more flops on my mind. Mario, I can just jump out of it. Pikachu and barely kill even at 200% damage. I can dodge Lucas's fairly easily most of the time. Falcons is to easy to know where he wants you...etc Another thing is why do we need three landmasters. Umm lets try and turn the creative wheels nintendo... My pain Peach has plently of problems as well. So what if it puts you to sleep most people can just stay airborne and awake...or hang on a ledge. Guess what then they can eat all the peaches and my power does them as much good as myself. Oh but its fair right?

Lastly, would it have killed them to do more testing? I saw on youtube like 4 vidoes that are ten minutes long each with about 100 glitches supposedly. How could all of those not be known? Whatever...Sakari or whatever has name was had some problems making this game...so much they should have done but didn't. I just remembered one other thing too. The stage builder...again ugh. Whats with the lack of pieces, lack of variety, restricted size backgrounds, edge boundaries, etc. (screams) Well thats about it.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
Sonics final smash is too powerful, i imagine it like a board game and i drew a card that said

"Super Sonic has been unleashed! Lose one life!"

simply because there is no chance of survivail

also, what is "Mains?" sure i play as wario the most, but that doesnt mean im the best with him, i just love his attacks. look at my sig to see that i am good with just about everyone.

also, dowlaodable content would be awesome (God, we are spioled to be complaining about how there is no online stuff)

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
Sonics final smash is too powerful, i imagine it like a board game and i drew a card that said

"Super Sonicb has been unleashed! Lose one life!"

simply because there is no chance of survivail

also, what is "Mains?" sure i play as wario the most, but that doesnt mean im the best with him, i just love his attacks.

look at my sig to see that i am good with just about everyone
When he says, "Now I'll show you" he means it. Doesn't matter what was happening before, he owns the stage for the next 30 minutes or however long it lasts. :embarrass

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
When he says, "Now I'll show you" he means it. Doesn't matter what was happening before, he owns the stage for the next 30 minutes or however long it lasts. :embarrass
You were right about the whole unfair smash balls, i mean, did sega pay Sakuria for that intense power?

My brother wouldnt stand half a chance if super sonic couldnt always kill you

samper

Smash Cadet
The reason Super Sonic really powerful is because Sonic is really weak. I mean, his spin dash, the main attack of all of his 2d games, is out prioritized by at least 90% of the games attacks (along with a lot of his other moves) and, while he runs very fast, his actual attack speed is pretty slow (especially those smashes).

Anyway, I've only got two major complaints about brawl. The first is some balancing issues, namely Snake's crazy hit boxes and the damage output Olimar has (I'd be okay with it if he couldn't replenish the plants so darn fast).

The second is Sonics move set. I'm not advertising for increased priority or tier level or anything, it's just that when I look at most of the cast's move list they feel very...full (like how Snake uses all manner of gadgets, Mario using a bunch of items from his game, or even Peach's weapons and turnips) and when I look at Sonic's move list it just feels like it didn't spend enough time in the cooker (4-5 of his moves are copied right out of other character's move sets, two of his specials are painfully similar, and the only item from his game present is the spring, not even a freakin ring is in this game).

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
its been said billions of times and I'll say it again.

Anyone who is actually GOOD at super smash brothers has no right playing brawl.

Brawl is slow, boring, and for people who probobly have never invested any time in Melee.

--MOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom