• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Complaints:

- TRIPPING (the worst thing ever created)
- VERY, BUT I MEAN VERY hard to chain a combo, almos impossible but possible by using few moves at low %, becasue only doing airdodging u can break a possible combo.
- Pity FSmashes when u play with 7 or more stocks and all the items available.
- Less competetive than melee, but very entertainment and funniest than melee ever was.
- More advantage for camping players. Who plays an "only defense game" can win the match.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I haven't been able to play online ONCE yet since I've had the game, and I've tried to about 20 times so far.

Every time, I get error code 84210 or something.

Its ridiculous, this is one of the main draws of the game, but no matches will ever work. I can use spectator mode and watch a match, but I go to play one, I get to the sandbag part, can sit there for 5 minutes, and then I get that error.

And the SSE is so unforgiving. I've lost CD's and trophies and everything in some of the most cheapest ways. Like wind blowing it off the edge, or an enemy walking towards it and pushing it off the edge.

And the movesets seem pretty cheaply thrown in for some characters. Clones obviously were, but ZSS and Sonic have like reused moves, with slightly different effects. ZSS's smashes have generally the same effect and appearance as her B moves, and Sonic's Down-B, Forward B, and to a lesser extent neutral B all seem pretty similar to me.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^At the smae time there are characters who excel @ Offense such as sonic....GOtta keep moving though lolz

-Ciao

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Recently, I've had it with smashboards.

God forbid that there's another topic with a huge flamefest going on that STILL ISN'T closed! Yes, I'm talking about the Brawl = Mario Party one. It's just very very sad and THESE are the threads that destroy the boards.

So I'm gonna announce that I won't come to this forum for a long time if this thread keeps going for another 20 pages. Have fun bashing in your heads, I'm out of here!

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Hater-Aid: Is It In You?

I love the fact that we can't seem to have a relevant, rational discussion anymore. It's all trollbait and perpetual sh*tstorming. Seriously, to fall for a troll for 30 some odd pages is just absurd. I've seen RAGE threads with more composure.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Your intuition serves you well.

Melee was swell for its time. Brawl, however, takes everything awesome about Smash Bros, cuts the uneeded fluff, throws in a ton of brilliant inovations and adds in more options than one can imagine. It's simply mindblowing on every possible level.
With that being said, I think the next Smash Bros will do the exact same thing. Overall, it's a franchise that makes it very easy to top itself because of its overall simplicity.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Before I say anything, I am satisfied with Brawl and do not wish to go back to Melee. Here are my cons:

-The Masterpieces are useless after playing them once. They're just time-limited demos. IMO, Virtual Console should be giving these kinds of demos before purchasing a game with Wii Points.

-Losing trophies in SSE. Cruel if you ask me.

-Too much Co-op. But that can be a good thing for some people.

-Rainbow Ride and Pokemon Stadium (Melee) are back. Rainbow Ride I never really played and no need for that Pokemon stage when there's one like it already. We should get Hyrule Castle and Mushroom Kingdom from the 64.

-3 people have Landmaster specials.

-The Dragoon Flyer is cheap and appears too often. That's going to be the only item that I'm gonna keep off.

-Just one more character is needed. Lip, Micaiah, or Geno would make a good choice.

-Break the Targets isn't unique no more.

-SSE needs some more Nintendo enemies and at least 1-2 more Nintendo bosses.

-DK's Final Smash

Damax

Smash Lord
I'm complaning about complainers:

I can't get the hell why so many people bothers about complaning. I know its irony since I am complaining now but it is on purpose to teach some kids since this ain't casual complaining.

the problem with CASUAL complaining, is the precipated form, in other words, spoken too fast. No this is not a matter of ''advanced techs will appear in a month or two''. what I'm talking about is, so many people play the game, wishing it was melee, hoping for L cancels, trying to wavedash on the first match as they don't believe it. Then they try to play as melee but with the harder spacing, fails and complain.

The lack of tries: they play a little and give up, they don't bother to try some advanced tech, yet theres quite a few already! have you heard of powershield c4? Fox's dash shine (jump canceled shine) ? the ''moonwalk'' which gives you the ability to to a reverse up smash or back aerial attack? tried chain grabbin with falco or DDD using the dashing shield grab?

The game is fun, even though I played melee competetively I now play brawl and enjoy every match with items or not rather than only without items team battles with team attack on. Don't play to WIN at first, play for fun then try to make it competitive, if you can't just wait a year then come back on the brawl forums and look at how it advanced or not and play ur soo good melee in which the game could gimp you.

why so much love about melee? the game was crappy, invisible cellings which automatically kills you if your character as a sucky recovery. UBER UNBALANCED CHARS (and there's only 25). Jump gimping, thats right, jump taken away from you at times for getting hit while initiating a up aerial without jumping (yeah it happened about as often as invisible cellings)

Brawl is also more classic fighter, which I enjoy and some people might not

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
It infuriates me to no end that I can't play online because of NFC connections when other people are online and everything is running smoothly. But thats not really a Brawl problem it's a NFC problem.

I don't really have any other complaints with Brawl.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
I don't like that you can't aim your air dodge. I used to use it for minor recoveries, but when I do it now, I go shooting of in some god forsaken direction and fall to my doom if I don't use my actuallt up B recovery fast enough. I have succumbed to this fate often in my travels.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I trip, my opponent is never around, so so far its not bad. :D

I'm tired of all the complainers too. Be thankful, all games have some disappointments, this game is so awesome the little things don't matter.

I do wish that going through the platforms would be easier. I feel like I have to mash the stick down.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello. I'm bumping this thread so people can keep complaining here, instead of creating new threads every minute.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm officially complaining about the lag. I can't do any good combos with lag. :( And Wolf seems to be worse at lag than any other character I've played.

metroid1117

Smash Master
My only complaint is tripping; it can really screw up the momentum of the match and turn the tide for or against you - an advantage or disadvantage you won't deserve.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I've just got enough. Yeah, the one thread got closed, but it was followed by at least half a dozen more...

This place has become a hellhole. Absolutely NO fun is found anymore, trolls are multiplying and spamming all over the place more than ever, and there's no real discussion to be found. In short, SWF fails. I still like the place and the people, but the negative things are overshadowing all the positive things. So I hope this gets better, because frankly, now it SUCKS to be here at all. Agree or not, I don't care, but I don't see any point in staying here any longer. Till Brawl is accepted, SWF currently moves on thin ice.

*pant* That's all I have to say for now. Don't expect me to come back as much as I used to. Crystallion AWAAAY!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I've just got enough. Yeah, the one thread got closed, but it was followed by at least half a dozen more...

This place has become a hellhole. Absolutely NO fun is found anymore, trolls are multiplying and spamming all over the place more than ever, and there's no real discussion to be found. In short, SWF fails. I still like the place and the people, but the negative things are overshadowing all the positive things. So I hope this gets better, because frankly, now it SUCKS to be here at all. Agree or not, I don't care, but I don't see any point in staying here any longer. Till Brawl is accepted, SWF currently moves on thin ice.

*pant* That's all I have to say for now. Don't expect me to come back as much as I used to. Crystallion AWAAAY!
We need a board for complaining If we even have to do that, I agree, this all has gone way to far.

MoldinMindz

Smash Cadet
Complaints: 1. I feel like I have less control over my character now due to lack of dash dance, wavedash, and buffered inputs. 2. Lack of hitstun which turns the game into an exchange of single hits followed by sheilds and spot dodges instead of combos. 3. Slower, floatier character movement allows for players that would have gotten run over in melee the chance to see you coming since it takes your character 29292 years to advance with an attack. Basically the game feels dumbed down, I really only enjoy it as an FFA party game. The 1v1's hardly reward any technical skill at all and allow non-technical players to keep up.

MommySiafu

Smash Rookie
I agree with moldin. This game seems much more about hit and run than it does consecutive combos. I also find that this game weighs much more towards players with defensive styles of playing. Being aggressive and advancing on your opponent in this game has become much more difficult. In melee your style did not hinder you from becoming a better player. I also don’t understand how people can justify say this game has more mind games than melee. Melee had whatever brawl has AND some because of the technical skill which was at the players disposal. Hopefully more techniques will be found which will up the intensity of the game. I am sure brawl could become just as competitive as melee. I just don’t think it will ever be as exciting to watch.

Also for people who don't think the games should be compared. It is a sequel to the previous game and just like when you watch the sequel of a movie... you compare the two. So i will be doing just that. :)

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Lag and friend codes. Stupid numbers....let us just add the person without numbers. and LAG is horrible sometimes.....sometimes....guess i need a super super super (say super 8 more times) connection.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I don't like the fact that if your Wii tips over once the game doesn't even work. (Happened to me. How lovely.)

I actually like tripping. If you can force yourself into doing it, you can evade an attack and hit the A button to dish one out when you're getting up.

Aureate

Smash Rookie
My chief complaint thus far would probably be the fact that being in school right now has severely limited my ability to play Brawl so far.

Oh, and slipping, which seems to be somewhat of a common sentiment.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit unhappy with the toned down classic mode.. Here's why:

*All the awesome point rewards were removed! You used to be able to get bonuses by doing stuff or using certain items.
*No board the platforms or race to the finish.
*No custom Break the Targets for each character. They all share FIVE.
*Awkward pauses waiting for opponents to appear in vs. team battles.
*No new Masterhand boss
*It seems like maybe there's more stages or stuff is recycled more, because it takes too long.

schizosid

Smash Rookie
Ignoring the all of the issues I have with the gameplay,which may or may not be resolved with time, but will certainly annoy me until I understand the game better, I would like to complain about the Wi-Fi.

It's terrible.
Limited options ("With Anyone" is a joke), lag (OMG, what's the point of broadband internet if Sonic moves like he has Parkinson's), being constantly (at least once in every five games, I'd say)
I haven't been this frustrated with online gaming since I had to play StarCraft over a dial-up connection.

I don't think a single patch would fix everything. The whole online multiplayer portion of Brawl requires a massive overhaul.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Ignoring the all of the issues I have with the gameplay,which may or may not be resolved with time, but will certainly annoy me until I understand the game better, I would like to complain about the Wi-Fi.

It's terrible.
Limited options ("With Anyone" is a joke), lag (OMG, what's the point of broadband internet if Sonic moves like he has Parkinson's), being constantly (at least once in every five games, I'd say)
I haven't been this frustrated with online gaming since I had to play StarCraft over a dial-up connection.

I don't think a single patch would fix everything. The whole online multiplayer portion of Brawl requires a massive overhaul.

i really wish "with everyone" was not so lame, you cant even see each other's names, you might as well play cpus

Mike87

Smash Ace
In Melee you got points for specific actions(Star finish, magnified finish etc)
I'm dissapointed that they dumped that.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm a bit unhappy with the toned down classic mode.. Here's why:

*All the awesome point rewards were removed! You used to be able to get bonuses by doing stuff or using certain items.
*No board the platforms or race to the finish.
*No custom Break the Targets for each character. They all share FIVE.
*Awkward pauses waiting for opponents to appear in vs. team battles.
*No new Masterhand boss
*It seems like maybe there's more stages or stuff is recycled more, because it takes too long.
I don't like how they categorize the fights (first zelda, than DK, and so on). I liked it better when it was all random. It feels almost like Smash64 single-player.

xLordCJx

Smash Rookie
I don't really have a problem with tripping.

It doesn't seem completely random because the only time it happens to me is if I slam on the stick with Fox to rush in for a combo.

Other than that I really don't have any complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom