• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hello all, update from both me and C. Norris:

I, myself- will be posting the Challonge link on this thread at 9:00 PM EST. tomorrow. At this time, I will link a separate thread where you will be able to claim your character (or random button). Do note, you must sign up before you make your claim, as I will skip anyone who fails to do so.
Remember, its first come first serve. Be there. That is all!~ <3

Last edited:

Gameshow349

A Hoot and a Half
3DS FC
0748-3702-2621
Haha that is okay. Do you know anyone on here that would be willing to help?
If not, that is okay. I have a person who is willling to do it as a last resort
I don't know anyone as the group I dwell with are a little too die hard melee and project m fans.

Last edited:

nnnightshade

Smash Rookie
Just wanting to make it known that I also plan to sign up for this tomorrow when the Challonge bracket opens.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Looks like yet another application to set up on VMWare. Gotta love these Windows-exclusive thingies.

I can definitely join if it's the 11th, seeing as I'll be downloading it on the 8th or 9th.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Looks like yet another application to set up on VMWare. Gotta love these Windows-exclusive thingies.

I can definitely join if it's the 11th, seeing as I'll be downloading it on the 8th or 9th.
okay! BTW, you can just use SmashBoards if you do not want to use RaidCAll. No biggy.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris did you have another tournament like this scheduled? What happened to that?

I am interested but am on call Saturdays, so it really depends on what time you guys are thinking. Let me know!!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I would like to join. My challonge name is ThatWasPeachy.

What is the rail call doing to be used for? I'm not able to voice chat with anyone due to circumstances, but if you're just using it to IM then I can do it.

October 4th would be the ideal date for me because I'm already in a tournament on the 11th.

Last edited:

phanteon

Smash Cadet
I want to participate. My challonge is Phanteon, no raidcall for Mac OS....

I'll make room whatever the day

how do i pick a character?

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
With the new scheduled time, I should be home by then and ready to sign up for the tournament. Hopefully I can get a slot, though, seems like this thread is getting pretty popular.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
For a good turnout, I'd recommend posting this on the SmashConnect subreddit (r/smashconnect) on reddit - the community there is blowing up and it's designed to support this sort of thing. Best of luck with your online tournament

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
I'm looking to join if you have some room left! My Challonge and RaidCall are RCyclone

I think that October 11th would be a good date for people to get used to the game in my opinion.

Last edited:

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I'll mark it down on my calendar.

Question: How come I'm the only one in the smash bros 3ds torunament Raidcall?

Mega Man X 2001

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mega_Man_X_2001
3DS FC
2582-8811-1719
I definitely might join this tourney, my username is Mega_Man_X, and the main character I will b using is Mega Man himself.

fearless.leader

Smash Apprentice
hey there, I can do the banner i happen to be a graphic designer...

how do we officially register for the tourney?

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
I'm definitely going to try to join in on this, using the same name on Challonge that I have here but with no spaces. Even if I don't make it in on time, thanks to both of you for putting it all together!

Quick question for when character choices are submitted, sorry if it's been addressed already - would it be easier to give you a list of a handful of characters numbered by preference in case alternate picks are needed, or would that only complicate things?

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely going to try to join in on this, using the same name on Challonge that I have here but with no spaces. Even if I don't make it in on time, thanks to both of you for putting it all together!

Quick question for when character choices are submitted, sorry if it's been addressed already - would it be easier to give you a list of a handful of characters numbered by preference in case alternate picks are needed, or would that only complicate things?
Honestly I was thinking this too, like having a top 5 in order of preference just to make sure the person gets a slot, signing up like

X Player
Characters 1. Mario 2. Link 3. Pikachu 4. Villager 5. Mega Man

That way, if someone duped someone else's character, they wouldn't be entirely out in the cold.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Honestly I was thinking this too, like having a top 5 in order of preference just to make sure the person gets a slot, signing up like

X Player
Characters 1. Mario 2. Link 3. Pikachu 4. Villager 5. Mega Man

That way, if someone duped someone else's character, they wouldn't be entirely out in the cold.
You can do that. If your character is taken, I will simply move down the list to one that's not.
Good suggestion.

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
You can do that. If your character is taken, I will simply move down the list to one that's not.
Good suggestion.
Great, thanks! I just want to make sure I don't end up with some strange character I'm unfamiliar with... like Jeff, for example! Know what I mean, everyone? Ha, they'll really put any old weirdo in this thing these days, am I right?

(Jeff is the name of that green dinosaur thing next to the spiked redhead turtle dude who's mean to those plumber guys, right? Is it Jeff? I'm 99% sure that it's definitely Jeff. What game are we playing again?)

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I made an account on Challonge, how do I join!? My capture card may be in by then but I also wanna play sooo...yea D:

Edit: Could I also claim :4shulk:? :D

Last edited:

Kirbyquake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirbyquake
3DS FC
0430-8315-5741
I made an account on Challonge, how do I join!? My capture card may be in by then but I also wanna play sooo...yea D:

Edit: Could I also claim :4shulk:? :D
You must wait until you've actually signed up.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I would like to join. My challonge name is ThatWasPeachy.

What is the rail call doing to be used for? I'm not able to voice chat with anyone due to circumstances, but if you're just using it to IM then I can do it.

October 4th would be the ideal date for me because I'm already in a tournament on the 11th.
yeah we are only using IM :)
hey there, I can do the banner i happen to be a graphic designer...

how do we officially register for the tourney?
there will be a challonge link for it later today. Detals are above this thread. Check the second post of this thread.

sharpman5000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-1852-6914
I would like to join...

Challonge name is HawaiianPunch

and for RaidCall, which name do you need? The account name or the nickname?

Nickname on RaidCall is Hawaiian Punch.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Do I need to put my Challonge name here?

It's Mask0Gears.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

We have our banner! Its absolutely lovely. <3 Special thanks to @ fearless.leader fearless.leader !! :)
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris I'm sure you'll be quite impressed. :3 I have added it to my first post.

Also people, do note- you won't need to post your Challonge name until I post the second thread regarding the characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom