• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Though I believe we should just let them use whatever. Mirror matches aren't bad.

Sonovin is my name for both raidcall and challenlog btw.

Looks like we can't claim until later

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I'm still a little confused on the whole "extra thread" for the tournament thing. Wouldn't it be easier to just post the link in this thread here. Making multiple threads is a sure fire way for the moderators to close down your old ones. Just saying. I'm interested in playing in the tournament regardless. Just confused on where to sign up when the link drops.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I noticed the banner says 10-11-14. So is that our final date for the tournament?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm still a little confused on the whole "extra thread" for the tournament thing. Wouldn't it be easier to just post the link in this thread here. Making multiple threads is a sure fire way for the moderators to close down your old ones. Just saying. I'm interested in playing in the tournament regardless. Just confused on where to sign up when the link drops.
The reason is because it will be easier to manage the character selection. That thread will be dedicated solely to that- that way, I don't have to scroll through random posts on this thread to find out who chose who first.
Edit: I will be posting the link to the thread here once it is made.

I noticed the banner says 10-11-14. So is that our final date for the tournament?
Yes.

Last edited:

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
Wait, you guys are seriously enforcing unique character picks but let people claim characters in advance just because they are tournament staff? lol

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wait, you guys are seriously enforcing unique character picks but let people claim characters in advance just because they are tournament staff? lol
:p No...
Its because they helped out in making the tournament what it is. Contribution alone has earned them an early selection, not their title.

So, are we going to get official rule descriptions for stage striking and banning?
Unfortunately, I can not provide you with that information. It falls on C. Norris to determine how it will work. Although I am not sure when he'll be back....I'll tag him so he knows this is a question that needs an answer. @ Captain Norris Captain Norris

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
:p No...
Its because they helped out in making the tournament what it is. Contribution alone has earned them an early selection, not their title.
In Hibiki's defense, the title seems to have been earned by being the host and being the first responder and volunteering to edit the post for information, regardless of what others have done to contribute.

While it doesn't bother me personally, it can easily come across as (justified, but easily perceived as unfair) favoritism when all other participants, regardless of contributions to planning, discussion, and input, must scuffle over their characters, and not even sign-up order will help them.

Making exceptions to rules is just a quick way to make people bitter.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I myself said I would be picking last. I actually disagree with what is happening, yet it is not being changed apparently. -_-
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed please take my reservation off please. I will play with whoever.
@ Raijinken Raijinken yeah I will speak to the players about al of that. :)
Got to go guys. See you tonight. I hope you guys have fun!

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Links:
:4link::4tlink:(HA. Patience is a virtue.)
WOW NICE JOKE

Back from school. Is October 11 the concrete date for the tourney at this point?
Also, I may be able to donate a $20 NA eShop card if I can find one locally. No stores around me have any from what i've seen.

Raijinken

Smash Master
WOW NICE JOKE

Back from school. Is October 11 the concrete date for the tourney at this point?
Also, I may be able to donate a $20 NA eShop card if I can find one locally. No stores around me have any from what i've seen.
You'd think they'd do what a lot of online retailers do and allow you to buy a code that can be redeemed... Would make this a ton easier.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I myself said I would be picking last. I actually disagree with what is happening, yet it is not being changed apparently. -_-
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed please take my reservation off please. I will play with whoever.
@ Raijinken Raijinken yeah I will speak to the players about al of that. :)
Got to go guys. See you tonight. I hope you guys have fun!
Done.
:4falcon: is now available for grabs.

fearless.leader

Smash Apprentice
Why do we need to reserve characters anyway, couldnt we reserve character color schemes? that way we each can pick his own character without needing to scuffle

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Why do we need to reserve characters anyway, couldnt we reserve character color schemes? that way we each can pick his own character without needing to scuffle
To increase uniqueness and permit a wide array of different matchups in the tournament. If we permit people to claim costumes, we could potentially see multiples of a single character and lack any footage of a ton of others. The game will be new to those participating, and thus will allow us to quickly see how nearly every character performs against other characters.

tl;dr: Diversity.

Last edited:

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
Is it too late too sign up for this? if not, what characters are still available?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Okay, since there are many disagreements on this, before I go to the funeral visitation I must attend, I will say this: Please do not get annoyed or angry about this. This is only a test to see how it works out. The next tourney I host (in a month or two) will let anyone choose a character they wish. :) I am sorry, but I personally feel this is a wise choice for the first tournament.
Cry and complain all you want, but it won't be changing. :/

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Okay, since there are many disagreements on this, before I go to the funeral visitation I must attend, I will say this: Please do not get annoyed or angry about this. This is only a test to see how it works out. The next tourney I host (in a month or two) will let anyone choose a character they wish. :) I am sorry, but I personally feel this is a wise choice for the first tournament.
Cry and complain all you want, but it won't be changing. :/

Is it too late too sign up for this? if not, what characters are still available?
Read the first two posts in this thread. :p

Last edited:

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
I plan on joining, I set an alarm to reply to the new thread right at 9PM EST :094:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed @ Captain Norris Captain Norris
Is the challonge bracket being made as soon as the new thread is up at 9 PM EST?
Challonge Username is AuraBreak by the way.
I will be posting the link to the Challonge Bracket Sign-Up on the new thread.

I trust we are only able to sign up for ourselves, and not for friends as well?
Hmm...ok, you can sign up for your friends...but you must do so in separate posts. I don't want more than one character claimed per post. Also, you must sign them up on Challonge using their account before you make a claim for their character. Remember this.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
I will be posting the link to the Challonge Bracket Sign-Up on the new thread.

Hmm...ok, you can sign up for your friends...but you must do so in separate posts. I don't want more then one character claimed per post.
Understood. I'll try to get my friend to sign himself up, but will bear this in mind.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Remember guys. I won't be using your Challonge user-names until I post the second thread. You will need to post them there. Not here.

Last edited:

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
I am interested in joining this tourney as well.

My name on both Challonge and Raidcall is ThomasTerminator. :)

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I can claim Sonic for obvious reasons? I would hope so. No one uses him any way hah.

Kirbyquake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirbyquake
3DS FC
0430-8315-5741
First come first serve eh? Looks like I have to be on top of my game come 8PM Central time :laugh:
With the amount of votes the poll has, I would assume a lot of people will be disappointed that they didnt make it in. Maybe including me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom