• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
My body is ready... to miss this by an hour.
Just realized I'm going to meeting with some people at 8 CST. Hopefully someone I can use will still be available.

dd_ray

Smash Rookie
NNID
dray
3DS FC
0404-5755-0943
If there is room id like to join!!!!
1. Shiek 2. greninja 3. MK

Kirbyquake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirbyquake
3DS FC
0430-8315-5741
Quick question. Will you edit the challonge link into the second post or are you gonna make a new post with the link? Just wanna be sure I'm completely ready when the time comes

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Quick question. Will you edit the challonge link into the second post or are you gonna make a new post with the link? Just wanna be sure I'm completely ready when the time comes
The Challonge Link will be posted in the new thread.
In other words, once you click the link to the new thread- you will find the link to Challonge.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
There is definitely going to be more than 36 people madly refreshing the Challonge page. Honestly the odds of getting a spot have kind of killed my interest in the tournament altogether.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
There is definitely going to be more than 36 people madly refreshing the Challonge page. Honestly the odds of getting a spot have kind of killed my interest in the tournament altogether.
If it helps...there will be left over characters. I think I might distribute those remaining characters out for people to use as their secondary- or flat out switch their character with one of the remaining.. But this opportunity will, of course, only take place after all 36 people have entered.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
If it helps...there will be left over characters. I think I might distribute those remaining characters out for people to use as their secondary- or flat out switch their character with one of the remaining.. But this will of course, only take place after all 36 people have entered.
That was my point. Not getting a character I wanted was something I was fully prepared for, but not getting to be in the tournament at all just because some people pressed a button before me... That just sounds like I'm trying to make myself pissed off. I'd rather just not bother and save myself the disappointment.

And besides, I'm sure the Aussie players will set something up post-release anyway.

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
I have a Challonge, but i dont/can't use raidcall is that ok?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Do you think it's a good idea to 'claim' characters? After all, people would preform better if they could choose multiple characters.

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
Turns out I had a half day at school! ( Sorry C. Norris you can remove me from challonge to make it fair and be like everyone else >_< )

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That was my point. Not getting a character I wanted was something I was fully prepared for, but not getting to be in the tournament at all just because some people pressed a button before me... That just sounds like I'm trying to make myself pissed off. I'd rather just not bother and save myself the disappointment.

And besides, I'm sure the Aussie players will set something up post-release anyway.
I understand. But still- perhaps your character won't be immediately taken. Check back just to be sure, ok? ^^
I have a Challonge, but i dont/can't use raidcall is that ok?
That's perfectly fine.

Do you think it's a good idea to 'claim' characters? After all, people would preform better if they could choose multiple characters.
This is true. But if everyone is locked into one (or two characters, if they want one of the leftovers at the end) will keep things fair.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Last edited:

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
The organization of this seems like a big mess right now, especially considering it's limited to 36 players for some weird reason when there is clearly demand for a 64 (maybe even 128) size tournament here.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The organization of this seems like a big mess right now, especially considering it's limited to 36 players for some weird reason when there is clearly demand for a 64 (maybe even 128) size tournament here.
I've been thinking the same thing. I think we should expand the number of entrants to at least the same number of characters. (51, was it...? Yeah.) I don't really have the final say in this though.
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris
What do you think...?

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking the same thing. I think we should expand the number of entrants to at least the same number of characters. (51, was it...? Yeah.) I don't really have the final say in this though.
What do you think...?
I'm pretty sure Captain Norris is afk right now, so might be too late to change the amount of entrants considering he might not be back before the character thread is up.

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
The only reason why is because they're trying out a "one person per character" thing. If there's enough demand, I'm pretty sure a change is in order. I wouldn't worry about it.

EDIT: Horribly, horribly Greninja'd.

Last edited:

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
51 entrants would make for a weird bracket, 64 or 128 is a good amount. Then likely no one is left out.

Kirbyquake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirbyquake
3DS FC
0430-8315-5741
What do you think...?
If you were to expand to the number of participants, maybe remove the 1 character per person thing since someone is bound to get stuck with a character they wouldn't enjoy playing with.

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Wouldn't it be 52 since you can claim the random button?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
You must wait until you've actually signed up.
Signed up where? I made an account.

I'm still not entirely certain how to sign up and pick my character. I checked the site but couldn't find this specific tournament.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm pretty sure Captain Norris is afk right now, so might be too late to change the amount of entrants considering he might not be back before the character thread is up.
Yeah. He's got a busy day ahead of him. :l

Wouldn't it be 52 since you can claim the random button?
xD That's right. 52 would be the correct number.

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
over 120 sounds a bit much. and quick question, is the post going to be put up today at 9pm (est) or the next day?

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Okay...my body is ready. Praying to The Lady Palutena herself that I get a spot. Is anyone else interested in Rosalina and Luma?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Are you going to post it in the 2nd post or just comment it? Also, we have to click on that link in order to get the link to the Chollenge sign-ups?
I will be posting it and then adding it to my second post. The Challonge Sign-Up link will be in the new thread.

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Hopefully I can stream and participate in the tourney. If not, I'm still cool with streaming :) <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom