• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

THE SIGN UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT IS CLOSED! DO NOT ASK AGAIN!
Hello everyone. As many of you are aware, I will be hosting (and participating in) an online Smash Bros 4 3ds tournament! Winners will be receiving up to $30 NA (Specifically United States) eshop cards!
Right now, we need a concrete date for when this should be held! The People have voted upon October 11. The time this tourney will take place is 2:00 PM Central Time Zone (12:00 PST/3:00 EST)
Now that I got that out of the way, it is time for the rule-set:

Each and every match will be 3 stock, 8 minutes, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. I know there has been some big arguments about this, but this is what this tournament will be doing.
Each PvP will be best 2/3 matches. Semi-finals and onward will be best 3/5.
No items allowed.
Custom moves will be allowed. However, NO CUSTOM EQUIPMENT! If you are caught about this, you will be banend from the tournament and any other tournament hosted by me.
In order to participate, you MUST have an account for both Challonge and Raidcall. They are both free, and there will be links at the end of this post.
There will be a loser's bracket. We all like underdogs, eh?
There will be a cap of 36 participants. Once I post the link for the Challonge tomorrow afternoon, it will be First come, first serve.
Now for the hassle and squealing, Here is the Stage List that will be allowed (NO COMPLAINING):
Thakns to @ Raijinken Raijinken for this.
For a standard technical description, please refer to APEX's Project M ruleset.

Due to the impact stage selection has on characters' performance, a standard Smash Bros tournament utilizes stage picking and banning during a match set. There are three types of stages: Starter (also called Neutral), Counter-Pick, and Banned.

For this tournament, the stage list is as follows:

Starter:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Counter-Pick:
  • Jungle Japes
  • Mute City
  • Prism Tower
  • Rainbow Road
  • Paper Mario
  • Tomodachi Life
  • Tortimer's Island
  • Arena Ferox
Banned:
  • All other stages, and Omega forms of all stages.
After selecting characters, each player chooses (starting with the player with the "highest" player number, with 1 being highest and 4 being lowest) one stage to strike from the Starter list. These stricken stages cannot be played on during this match of the tournament. As each player gets one strike of the three Starter stages, the remaining Starter is chosen for play.
Example: Characters are chosen, we will use :4littlemac: and :4falco: for our example. :4littlemac:
strikes Battlefield. :4falco: strikes Yoshi's Island. Final Destination is selected for Round 1 of the set. :4littlemac: wins Round 1 using his dominance on flat terrain.
Round 2 begins. Characters are locked in for this tournament, so we proceed on to stage selection for Round 2. :4falco: gets to choose the stage from any
Starter or Counter-Pick stage, with the exception of the three stages that :4littlemac: chooses to ban. :4littlemac: can ban ANY THREE starter or Counter-Pick stages he chooses. In this case, we will say he bans Battlefield, Mute City, and Arena Ferox. :4falco: can now pick from any legal stage EXCEPT those three. For our example, :4falco: picks Paper Mario for its third mode, which would be very difficult for :4littlemac: to handle.

Round 2's match starts, and :4falco: wins due to :4littlemac:'s poor aerial play in the third form of
Paper Mario. It is now :4falco:'s turn to ban three stages.

However, this is where another restriction comes in. Known as "Dave's Stupid Rule", the restriction states that you can not pick a stage on which you have already won a game in the current set (unless your opponent agrees to allow you to do so).
Thus, after :4falco:
bans three stages, :4littlemac: can NOT pick to Final Destination, as he won Round 1 there. The result of this is that, if :4falco: doesn't want to fight on Final Destination, he does NOT have to use up a ban removing it from selection.

This process repeats until either player has won the set, whether that is best 2/3 or best 3/5.[/spoiler]

Hope that helps. Feel free to tweak things as you see fit or clarify where you feel it is needed.
Here are the links to Challonge and Raidcall:
http://challonge.com/
http://www.raidcall.com/index.html

IMPORTANT: although most of this tournament is set up, we still need a few things. Here is the list:
-We would like to have a second streamer stream the loser's bracket. However, this i snot required.
-I must who you are registered as on both Challonge(required) and Raidcall(Not required but highly recommended)
-Finally, I need two people to moderate both Raidcall and Challonge for the tournament. I will pick two. PM me if you would like to be one of these people.

Thanks everyone. This thread will be updated regularly.Find more info on this tourney in the next post.. It will begin in the early afternoon of October 11.
The bracket has been filled. If ou have been registered you may be reserved for the next tourney.
If you have any questions, please ask Speed or me.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Continued...

If you have made a RaidCall account, here's the ID: 9635955

Stream will be provided by ThomasTerminator! <3 Tysvm again, Thomas!
Loser’s Bracket will be streamed by Zipzo!

Links: http://www.twitch.tv/thomas_terminator
http://twitch.tv/zipzo62

Be there fellas!~
I will also provide Thomas's Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/thomasterminator01/featured

IMPORTANT
@ThomasTerminatorOfficial
I need everyone who is participating to give this guy their friendcode as he is the one who will be streaming. If we all do this, we will not need to give our friendcodes out to anyone else. It will save a lot of time and a lot of hassle.
That's all I ask. Thank you! And of course, thank you too Thomas!
Current Bracket
http://challonge.com/9s3uw8vn

Players and their Characters
  1. Speed :4darkpit: Speedshocker
    Speed/Speedshocker
    Um....yeah. xD I signed up for the tournament and I plan on attending.
    0731-4784-1465
    I. Do. Not. Have. A. Raidcall. Account.
    Dark Pit/Black Pit/Pittoo/Pitouey
  2. fearless.leader :4ness:
    • fearless.leader (thats me)
    • I signed up and am available.
    • FC:: 5429-9247-8738 Raidcall:: etertay@raidcall.com
    • I have chosen to play as ness for this tournamen
    • fearlessleader(challonge
  3. dd_ray:4sheik:
    Name is dd_ray
    I signed up for the tourney and will be participating on oct 11th.
    FC: 0404-5755-0943
    RaidCall: dd_ray
    I am playing as: Shiek
  4. NivinyaFate :4lucina:
    My name is NivinyaFate
    I signed up for the tournament and am available at the schedule time of 3:00 EST.
    FC: 2423-4511-5468
    Raidcall: nivinyafate
    I am playing as Lucina

5. Werner Herzog :4zss:
    My name is WernerHerzog.
    I am the one who signed up for the tournament and I will be able to attend at 12 PST on October 11.
    My Raidcall is WernerHerzog
    My 3ds FC is 1864-9302-8583
    I'll be playing as ZSS

6. KoiKazma :4link:
    My name is KoiKazma
    My FC is 2363-6118-1013
    Challonge name is KoiKazma, along with RaidCall. And I am the one who signed up.
    I should be available all day on the 11th.
    My character is the Hero of Time, Link.

7. D3RK :4zelda:
    D3RK (Derk)
    3 EST is fine.
    FC: 5129-1384-7688, Raidcall: D3RK
    Zelda
  8. Spirst :4greninja:
    Name's Spirst
    I'm the one who signed up willingly (in case you were wondering if I had a gun to my head) and will be able to play at the given time (unless there really is a gun to my head) at 3 PM EST.
    Friend Code: 1006-0260-5373
    Don't have Raidcall (too much work to get it set up on a Mac...I will be playing as Greninja
  9. Orngeblu :4pikachu:Squirvizard
    My name is Squirvizard.
    I may or may not be available on the 11th, I should be able to know soon, though. I told Speed, and will keep you guys updated.
    Friend code: 4682-8450-6630
    Raidcall: Squirvizard Character: Pikachu
  10. Hibiki:4drmario:
    Hibiki
    I signed up and am available.
    FC:: 3711 - 7984 - 6081 Raidcall:: gonna get it shortly before the tournament
    Dr. Mario

11. Pink! :4jigglypuff:PinkPuffBall
    My name is Pink!
    I signed up for the tournament and will be able to participate.
    FC: 3695-0038-5541
    Raidcall: PinkPuffBall
    Character: Jigglypuff!

12. Cloudx128 :4shulk:
    CloudX128
    I am available for that time, and am the one who signed up
    2509-1803-0127
    I do not have a raidcall account
    I am playing Shulk
  13. Ceadda :4myfriends:
    My name is Ceadda
    I am the one who signed up for this tournament and will be available the set schedule.
    FC: 2878-9806-5002
    Raidcall: chad524
    My character is: Ike

14. Kiondrick :4bowser:kboyrulez12345
    Kiondrick
    Yep, it's me all right. And I will be available for the tourney.
    Friend Code is 1650-3088-1736
    I do not have a Raidcall account
    Character: Bowser

15. LinkedKnight :4marth:
    My name is LinkedKnight
    I am the one that has signed up for this tournament, and I will be able to participate in it on October 11 at 12:00 PST.
    Friend Code: 4983- 5008-2730
    Raidcall Account: LinkedKnight
    I have chosen to play as Marth

16. Raijinken :4robinm:/:4robinf:
    My username on Challonge and Raidcall is Raijinken.
    My friend code is seen under my avatar: 0662-3016-5774. It has also been posted in the Challonge discussion.
    Time to tip the scales!

17. Aura Warrior :4lucario: JJJaguar
    My name is Aura Warrior
    I am the one that has signed up for this tournament, and I will be able to participate in it on October 11 at 1:00 PM Costa Rica Time (2:00 PM Central Time).
    Friend Code: 0662-2557-2596
    Raidcall Account: jjjaguar
    I have chosen to play with this guy: Lucario
  18. RCyclone :4ganondorf:
    My name is RCyclone
    I am the one that has signed up for this tournament, and I will be able to participate in it on October 11 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
    Friend Code: 0490-7017-9432
    Raidcall Account: rcyclone / RCyclone
    I have chosen to play as Ganondorf
  19. Finsom25 :4tlink:
    My name is Finsom25
    I am the one that has signed up for this tournament, and I will be able to participate in it
    Friend Code: 3780-9567-3401
    Raidcall Account: I don't have one, sorry.
    I have chosen to play Toon Link

20. RascalTheCharizard :4charizard:RascalTC
    My name is RascalTC
    I am the one that has signed up for this tournament, and I will be able to participate in it on October 11 at 2:00 PM Central Time.
    Friend Code: 0946-2367-7153
    I do not have a RaidCall account.
    I have chosen to play as Charizard.
  21. Kirbyquake :4fox:
    Name: Kirbyquake
    Yes, I signed up for the tournament and will be available.
    FC: 0430-8315-5741 and Raidcall: Kirbyquake
    Character: Fox

22. Scourge The Hedgehog :4sonic: Scourge
    My name is Scourge The Hedgehog
    I am the one that has signed up for this tournament, and I will be able to participate in it on October 11 at 9:00 AM PST.
    Friend Code: 2535-4437-8099
    Raidcall Account: I'll make a new one soon.
    I have chosen to play as Sonic.
  23. EarthboundRules :4pacman:ebr64
    My name is EarthBoundRules
    I am the one that has signed up for this tournament, and I will be able to participate in it on October 11 at 2:00 PM Central Time.
    Friend Code: 4399-0517-2480
    I do not have a Raidcall account.
    I have chosen to play as Pacman

24. PowerHungryFool :4rob:
    My name is PowerHungryFool
    I signed up and will be able to attend.
    FC is 1504-6251-0700
    My raidcall account is PowerHungryFool
    I will be playing your friendly neighborhood R.O.B.

25. Xhyrri :4yoshi:
    I'm Xhyrri
    I did sign up and can play at 12:00PM PST
    My friend code is 1461-6200-8317
    Raidcall: Xhyrri
    I'm playing as Yoshi

26. Gameshow349 ?
    My name is gameshow349.
    I am the one who signed up for the tournament and I will be able to attend at 12 PST on October 11.
    My raidcall is gameshow349 and my 3ds fc is 0748-3702-2621.
    I chose to play as random.
  27. Captain Norris :4mario:
    My name is Captain Norris
    Friend Code: 0920-1016-6099
    Raidcall Account: Captain Norris
    I have chosen to play as Mario
  28. SuperMii3D :4miibrawl:
    SuperMii3D
    I think Im the guy who signed up
    FC? 5284-1700-6123
    NO RAIDCALL
    Wow, 10 AM, Im sure I can make it
    Regretfully, I chose the Mii Brawler

29. themandme :4littlemac:
    My name is themandme
    i am the one who signed up and i can particapate at 3:00 est
    my fc is 3222-5798-4330
    Raidcall:themandme
    I have chosen to be little mac

30. LckyAce :4gaw:
    Name:LckyAce
    Yes I will be available to be in the tournament
    FC:0533-4950-3798
    No Radicall
    Playing as... Mr.Game and Watch

All Together
:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4gaw:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4zss:
:4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4littlemac:
:4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4ness::4falcon::4villager::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:
:4shulk::4pacman::4sonic::4miibrawl: ?
Who
Will
Prevail...?

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
The 4th would be best. That way we have the first day to unlock characters and get use to the system.
The 11th could work, but I think it would be more interesting if we have a tournament early on so no one has an advantage or disadvantage.
true, but custom moves could be a big pain. Plus, it gives people time to buy the game if it is on the 11th (Like preorders come in late or something)

Raijinken

Smash Master
You may want to list specifics about stage striking and banning. This could easily be a person's first tournament using those rules.

Also, did you mean best 3/5 or 3/4? You said 3/4 in the OP.

Also, saddened by the lack of Ferox =( Gladdened by the presence of Ferox.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
crud. I forgot to reserve a post...
Anyways, thanks for the voting guys! Looks like we are off to a good start! Please Notify me if you can stream the tournament! That is our biggest need right now!

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
The 4th would work best for me as well, since I have nothing going on that saturday.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Sorry for double post!
You may want to list specifics about stage striking and banning. This could easily be a person's first tournament using those rules. Also, did you mean best 3/5 or 3/4? You said 3/4 in the OP.

Also, saddened by the lack of Ferox =(
Ah thanks for the catches! Yeah, I meant 3/5, and I actually meant to put Arena Ferox in there. Thanks!

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
I think October 11 is best since it allows most people to get their copies of the game.

I hope I won't be at school tommorow at the time when the challonge bracket is up, oh well. :/

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I say the 4th as well as it gives players a chance to get familiar with the game and some time to

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris
Perhaps the tournament could assign one character to one person, that way we can quickly get straight to the matches. It will also allow the tournament to have tons of diversity and different matchups.
But of course, this is only if other people are willing to go through with it. (including yourself)
I claim Dark Pit, if so. xD

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I say 11th. **** can go down in one day, causing things to get screwed up
That is true too... I hope the eshop doesn't go down! That would be bad. :p
Personally, I am hoping for it to be on the 11th, but I will let you guys, the People, to decide.
I think October 11 is best since it allows most people to get their copies of the game.

I hope I won't be at school tommorow at the time when the challonge bracket is up, oh well. :/
Remember, it is for NA only unfortunately (unless you can use NA eshop cards). However, you can sign up to be a potential Mod, or you can play with people who have lost in tourney.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Perhaps the tournament could assign one character to one person. That way we can quickly get straight to the matches. It will also allow the tournament to have tons of diversity and different matchups.
But of course, this is only if other people are willing to go through with it. (including yourself)
I was thinking about this too. Do you have a randomizer so we can pick who chooses first? Also, maybe in Semi Finals they can choose whoever they want.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Remember, it is for NA only unfortunately (unless you can use NA eshop cards). However, you can sign up to be a potential Mod, or you can play with people who have lost in tourney.
I'm in Canada lmao
Perhaps the tournament could assign one character to one person.
I agree with this, sounds good considering the roster is 51 characters and there are 36 entrants. I CALL BOWSER JR!!

Last edited:

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Perhaps the tournament could assign one character to one person, that way we can quickly get straight to the matches. It will also allow the tournament to have tons of diversity and different matchups.
That could be interesting. However, I'd rather we pick our characters freely because we don't know which custom moves we will unlock before the tournament starts.

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
I'd say the 11th. It gives people time to familiarize themselves with characters.

Also I'm hella busy that weekend, and well, Big House. Hosting this the same day as BH4 doesn't make much sense to me

Raijinken

Smash Master
I am in favor of the highlander character selection (only one of each character). That could also be based on sign-up order to keep things simple (or I'm sure there exist some list randomizers online).

Also, are mod signups open now, or is that for consideration after the tournament signups begin?

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
How would the FD forms work? Would it just be like this?

*stage striking process happens*
"Let's go to Final Destination."
"Okay."
*presses X button to turn on For Glory Mode*
*presses Random on stage list*

Or would they count as separate stages entirely?

Last edited:

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
The 4th or 11th is fine for me, but I voted for 11th because I think it'd be better..let more people get their copies of the game and practice a little bit.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
What time tomorrow will the Challonge link be posted?
24 hours from the time this thread was posted.
I am in favor of the highlander character selection (only one of each character). That could also be based on sign-up order to keep things simple (or I'm sure there exist some list randomizers online).

Also, are mod signups open now, or is that for consideration after the tournament signups begin?
Good question. Sign-ups will be AFTER the bracket is filled. I think a randomizer would also work best.
I'd say the 11th. It gives people time to familiarize themselves with characters.

Also I'm hella busy that weekend, and well, Big House. Hosting this the same day as BH4 doesn't make much sense to me
mm. Forgot about the BH4. I guess People will just have to choose priorities, and vote upon them. :/

"Okay."

Good point. Never mind about the forms.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I can edit my first post to include what you would like to be added. Also, I can add the list of claimed characters as well. (just PM me what you want to add and I'll add it.)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
No...I don't, unfortunately. I think it should be first come, first serve as well.
Fair enough. Much simpler also. :)
Mac users are out of luck I suppose.
If you must you can use SmashBoards Messages. :) Raidcall is more of quick updates universally and such. If you have a better service that costs nothing, please let me know. :)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
"Okay."
I would like to see Random Omega Stage and Final Destination treated as two separate options if possible but that would leave 4 starter stages, an awkwardly even number.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
The 4th would be best, that way we have the first day to unlock characters and get use to the system.
The 11th could work, but I think it would be more interesting if we have a tournament early on so no one has an advantage or disadvantage.

List of Claimed Characters
Speed: :4darkpit:
AuraBreak: :4bowserjr:

Currently Unclaimed Characters
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario2::4gaw:
:4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss:
:4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4drmario::4lucina:
:4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii: ?
(yes, you can claim the random button...at your own risk)
I'm not entirely in favour of this system, but if we go through with it, I'd like to take Toon Link (which is weird, because I've never played the character before lol).

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
In.

Choosing a main for the entire tournament seems fine, but just make it blind pick (have everyone who is signed up PM you their mains an hour or so before the tournament starts and keep a list.)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
The 4th would be best, that way we have the first day to unlock characters and get use to the system.

List of Claimed Characters
Speed: :4darkpit:
AuraBreak: :4bowserjr:

Currently Unclaimed Characters
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario2::4gaw:
:4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss:
:4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4drmario::4lucina:
:4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii: ?
(yes, you can choose the random button...at your own risk)
Thank you for updating this for me :) Is it possible that we can do that AFTER the challonge bracket is filled, that way we know exactly who is playing?
Although I would like Captain Falcon, it would be fairer to do it after the chalonge is up imo.[/quote]

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Thank you for updating this for me :) Is it possible that we can do that AFTER the challonge bracket is filled, that way we know exactly who is playing?
Although I would like Captain Falcon, it would be fairer to do it after the chalonge is up imo.

Hmm....ok, from this point on....no one can claim anything. (Till tomorrow, that is.)
I'll allow the current claims to stay.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Although I would like Captain Falcon, it would be fairer to do it after the chalonge is up imo.
Good point, I should have thought of that before I posted lol.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
In.

Choosing a main for the entire tournament seems fine, but just make it blind pick (have everyone who is signed up PM you their mains an hour or so before the tournament starts and keep a list.)
It would be best to do it tomorrow or the day after that way they can get some training in with their main. No person would be able to have the same character. I agree PMs are best though. It would be how @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed has it, but just anonymous names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom