• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
I think October 11th is good. Will give some time to practice. So, just to make sure, the Challonge bracket will be open 24 hours from when this thread was opened, so around this time right? I want to make sure because I also have classes tomorrow.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Voted. Do you guys have any idea when we can start claiming characters again??
Once the Brackets are capped, I will PM each person, first come first serve. Then they can choose which character (unless it was already chosen, in which I will reply that someone has already taken that character).

Isen1123

Smash Cadet
Lel yeah I forgot to mention what my accounts were :/ My Challonge is Isen1123 but I don't feel the need to make a Raidcall when I have Skype and this.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
This whole claiming characters thing has created so much confusion that I don't even
GUYS I have a great idea, let's also have a doubles tournament with a loser bracket with custom movesets and equipment with claiming characters with 6 stock 15 minute matches. The only stage i'd have to cut would be the Paper Mario stage, because of severe paper cuts. All other stages are fine.

:)

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Quick Question, I made a Challonge and RaidCall account (username: XavierSoup) but do I HAVE to download Raidcall on my computer?

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
Quick Question, I made a Challonge and RaidCall account (username: XavierSoup) but do I HAVE to download Raidcall on my computer?
No, you can use Smashboards

Last edited:

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
I'm interested in joining, but will anyone be allowed to stream their matches, even if they're not the one or two officially streaming the tournament? I'm going to be streaming the game a lot, so I'd like to be able to keep it up while participating in the tournament if allowed. I'll be streaming from a webcam since I can't afford a capture card setup for the 3ds currently, so I wouldn't be a good choice for one of the streamers you're looking for as it can't compare to capture card quality, but it'll (hopefully) be fine for my small channel.

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
;) But you have yet to see the benefits to giving people the choice of their own characters with the whole "first come-first serve" ideology.
Stay tuned....
Don't really think there's enough benefits to outweigh the unfairness of the concept in a generic online tournament like this. It might be interesting as a specific tournament mode, but I don't see why a standard tournament should enforce that silly way of picking characters.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I won't be getting home until about 30 minutes after the Challonge bracket is opened. If there's still a spot open when I do get back though, hopefully it won't be the random button.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
I won't be getting home until about 30 minutes after the Challonge bracket is opened. If there's still a spot open when I do get back though, hopefully it won't be the random button.
At least with the random button there is a SLIGHT chance of getting the character you want though.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hi guys! Just another update, that is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. In order for this tournament to be as fun as possible, we need two things: 1. one or two livestreamers with a capture card, and 2. A banner.
The livestream can be on twitch or Youtube, but it needs to be recorded so people can rewatch it.

The banner, is a little different story. I would like to please have a nice looking banner for this tournament. It would be used for the tourney, and it would be for advertising around here and on the youtube stream. I would please like someone who has experience in digital banner making.
If Possible, I would like the banner to be themed around the 3DS version of the game, including the flaming red color and theme. On it, if possible of course, I would like the name of the tournament (Super Smash Bros. 4 Nitnendo 3DS Tournament) with the date, time, and where to find the livestream(s) at. Remember I would please like to have a volunteer for the banner, willing to do it for free.
Of course, the secondary details will be given as soon as possible. I just need some volunteers!

If you could, please show me work you have done in the past. You can choose an appropriate size (for example, this:
)

Remember: We need a LIVESTREAMER and a BANNER. Thanks!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
please forgive me oh powerful mods
I'm interested in joining, but will anyone be allowed to stream their matches, even if they're not the one or two officially streaming the tournament? I'm going to be streaming the game a lot, so I'd like to be able to keep it up while participating in the tournament if allowed. I'll be streaming from a webcam since I can't afford a capture card setup for the 3ds currently, so I wouldn't be a good choice for one of the streamers you're looking for as it can't compare to capture card quality, but it'll (hopefully) be fine for my small channel.
sure! You can stream it on your own! You can post a link to the stream in the thread once the tourney begins! Of course, there will be a more "official" one, but that is of course fine!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hi guys! Just another update, that is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. In order for this tournament to be as fun as possible, we need two things: 1. one or two livestreamers with a capture card, and 2. A banner.
The livestream can be on twitch or Youtube, but it needs to be recorded so people can rewatch it.

The banner, is a little different story. I would like to please have a nice looking banner for this tournament. It would be used for the tourney, and it would be for advertising around here and on the youtube stream. I would please like someone who has experience in digital banner making.
If Possible, I would like the banner to be themed around the 3DS version of the game, including the flaming red color and theme. On it, if possible of course, I would like the name of the tournament (Super Smash Bros. 4 Nitnendo 3DS Tournament) with the date, time, and where to find the livestream(s) at. Remember I would please like to have a volunteer for the banner, willing to do it for free.
Of course, the secondary details will be given as soon as possible. I just need some volunteers!

If you could, please show me work you have done in the past. You can choose an appropriate size (for example, this:
)

Remember: We need a LIVESTREAMER and a BANNER. Thanks!
Adding!~

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I'm not a very talented artist, nor can I livestream. Anything else I can help with?
I am sure something will come up! You can always just encourage others to watch the tourney, or you could help scout for one of the people that would be willing to create a banner or livestream it!

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Hmm... here is what I will do; if you are absolutely positive that you will not make it back in 24 hours of the time this thread was posted (the time underneath the title), then I will reserve you a spot. However, I cannot reserve you a character. You will have to decide from the available characters once you return.
I will be at school and unable to sign up in time. I'd really love to reserve a spot if at all possible.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I have a user name for this Challonge, EhnJolly.

So what time tomorrow are we picking characters as well as claiming spots, as I want to be up on this ASAPossible.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice

So what time tomorrow are we picking characters as well as claiming spots, as I want to be up on this ASAPossible.
24 hours from when the OP was made is when characters will be picked.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

There is no real time for picing characters. Just as soon as it is posted. The time it is posted is 24 hours from the time this thread was posted.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
... you are the last one. You hear me? The LAST ONE! Now give me your challonge name!
Thank you so much man. Challonge is PowerHungryFool. Same name for raidcall. You have no idea what a help you are.

EDIT: I'm gonna work on a banner and toss it your way, Norris. Thanks again.

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I just realized that even if I do somehow get a spot in the tournament, I won't be able to participate if the tournament ends up taking place while I'm in school. If that were to happen, would I be able to give my spot to someone else?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
BIG UPDATE: I HAVE DECIDED TO POSTPONE THE CHARACTER SELECTION DATE. THERE WILL BE NO CHARACTER SELECTING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Only until we find a banner maker and a livestreamer will you be able to choose your character. Make that a priority.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I promise, last time mods.
I just realized that even if I do somehow get a spot in the tournament, I won't be able to participate if the tournament ends up taking place while I'm in school. If that were to happen, would I be able to give my spot to someone else?
yeah. You would. Or should. :p But it is looking like it will be on a saturday, so unless you work on saturdays...
Thank you so much man. Challonge is PowerHungryFool. Same name for raidcall. You have no idea what a help you are.

EDIT: I'm gonna work on a banner and toss it your way, Norris. Thanks again.
Thanks PowerHungry. I would like to see some work beforehand though just to make sure you are legit, if you understand. :)

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
BIG UPDATE: I HAVE DECIDED TO POSTPONE THE CHARACTER SELECTION DATE. THERE WILL BE NO CHARACTER SELECTING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Only until we find a banner maker and a livestreamer will you be able to choose your character. Make that a priority.
Hopefully the new date will fall on a weekend.
*wink wink

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Thanks PowerHungry. I would like to see some work beforehand though just to make sure you are legit, if you understand. :)
I don't really have anything saved to show you. Don't make me the officail banner guy, I'm just gonna whip up a sample banner and send it to you tonight or tomorrow, if that's ok.

Gameshow349

A Hoot and a Half
3DS FC
0748-3702-2621
Unfortunately I have no art talents and I can only record console games not 2ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom