• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nebraska Power Rankings Updated 5/9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol, you just wanted the password so you don't feel left out :(

Come play games tonight, that will help the loneliness!/Stay home and finish Xenogears is an okay option too.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Thought this thread got closed for a reason-- the pointlessness and sheer ludicrous factor this list inherently fosters. Keep going by all means, if only to entertain me. We all know that's the most important motivation in all things.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Melee power rankings = accurate?

Smeesh plays fox now? Cue is > tyser? Man, nebraska smash scene PR's sure have changed.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The N64 part is hilarious.
This is what I'm going for

(it's been out for 2 days lol).
Exactly the point, people need to be judged and put in their place immediately so people feel valuable/terrible about themselves.

the pointlessness and sheer ludicrous factor this list inherently fosters. Keep going by all means, if only to entertain me. We all know that's the most important motivation in all things.
Hey, pointless is mean, but ludicrously entertaining is what I'm going for.

Melee power rankings = accurate?

Smeesh plays fox now? Cue is > tyser? Man, nebraska smash scene PR's sure have changed.
Cue could be #1 potentially, Tyser basically said he didn't want any part of being in the top 4 because he was "rusTY".
Thanks I'll be here all night.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm surprised Dan is even on the P:M list seeing as how he's inactive but so be it.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
If you're going to power rankings you're gonna need a panel. And you can't possibly have a non-biased panel, because you don't have anyone that just sits around and watches you guys' play. So everyone is gonna be a little biased.

In which case you'd need EVERYONE'S input, since everyone is going to be bias one way or another. At least then the favoritism should even itself out.

What I'm getting at is, everyone has favorites. So get everyone's opinion, so that way the favorites are spread out. That'd get you the most accurate power rankings. One would think.

Trent

Smash Champion
Also, in concerns with the P:M thing. The reason why I said it didn't make sense is because a PR has panelists that are used to determine it. In this case, Rob is making things up without any input from any other person but himself. It's defeating the purpose when one person is doing what he wants to do rather than what the community wants to do...
Huzzah. If you want my opinion concerning the PR:

Brawl: Time to keep it real. We don't matter. Noone thats 4th or below has even beaten anyone that wasn't a scrub. I've beaten a bunch of people in my prime (Cook and Clel to name a few), Tyser eats people with habits for breakfast, (And beat Kirk, lul) while Rob is able to beat me multiple times. I honestly think we should either
A) Delete the Brawl part, or
B) Make it a top 3 instead, so people strive to actually get their name on it, because let's be honest, our top 3 don't even matter, let alone everyone below it.

Melee: Dunno, not part of the Melee scene since I never go to games. I think it should be restricted to top 5 though, since, once again, no one below it has really accomplished anything. Maybe they have, I dunno.

64: Take that down. That has no reason to be up here. Have you guys even played 64 with each other?

Project M: The game's been out for two days, and the PR was made based soley on what Rob thinks, and has no input from anyone else. Take it down, wait for the actual game to be released, wait until people actually have tournaments for it, and someone from Nebraska gets good at it, THEN make a PR for it for all I care.

I find it funny that I made the NPR account and lost control of it some how. Look at the crap it's turned into. The point of a PR is to foster growth within a community and to show players from different regions how our scene is doing and where our good players are ranked at, not to be "just for fun" or "a joke."

That's my $0.02.

EDIT- tldr;
1) Stop putting people on the rankings just because we have a small scene and need spots to fill.
2) Stop updating the rankings willy nilly without getting input from others.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also, in concerns with the P:M thing. The reason why I said it didn't make sense is because a PR has panelists that are used to determine it. In this case, Rob is making things up without any input from any other person but himself. It's defeating the purpose when one person is doing what he wants to do rather than what the community wants to do...
Uh, this is wrong, JBM/Devon/Ian all suggested we make a PR for Project M. I'm not very high on it honestly because, A. I need to get better at Brawl. and B. I need to get better at melee. and C. I don't need to get distracted learning a new game when I'm decent/bad at others.

What I'm getting at is, everyone has favorites. So get everyone's opinion, so that way the favorites are spread out. That'd get you the most accurate power rankings. One would think.
I said "Tyser should be #1" JBM says "nope, I am" Ian said "Yep, JBM" so I lost 2-1. Honestly, Sherman does belong higher up their, but Sme3sh not being ahead of us is probably wrong, but this is what was basically agreed upon by 6 people (Shawn and Mexi and myself), plus, this is for fun.

Project M: The game's been out for two days, and the PR was made based soley on what Rob thinks, and has no input from anyone else. Take it down, wait for the actual game to be released, wait until people actually have tournaments for it, and someone from Nebraska gets good at it, THEN make a PR for it for all I care.

I find it funny that I made the NPR account and lost control of it some how. Look at the crap it's turned into. The point of a PR is to foster growth within a community and to show players from different regions how our scene is doing and where our good players are ranked at, not to be "just for fun" or "a joke."

Brawl-I agree with less people, but 3 is kinda silly, if it's just me/tyser/trent up there, we may as well not even have it up. It will be updated after Auras with 7.

Melee-Should be reduced to 7 as well, but MK Mike got top 10 at MLG Vegas for Melee back in the day, that's accomplishing something.

64-Blank's response was what I was looking for, but with Project M out, this could/should be deleted.

Project M-See previous responses, but specifically to your response, I agree with this (minus the it's ALL my input), that's why NPR said "Project M PR put out by request of community. " Not "Because Rob is bored at 4:00 a.m." But Nebraska is really excited about this game so why not have fun for like 3 days before anything even happens. Read: Hype!!!!!!!!

In general-We don't have a lot of participation in the Melee scene, less in Brawl other than top players. We don't have Cons to attract closet fans or anything like that. I've tried to get people interested and to grow the community but it hasn't been easy. If we had a scene with people who played often, then yeah, showing growth would be possible, but that's a pipe dream. We need to worry about 1. Getting better. 2. Growing rapport with fellow smashers. And #2 might be more important at this moment.

Trent

Smash Champion
Brawl's PR is still not even worth having up. Why even decrease it to just 7? What have Dark Yoshi, Smeesh, Mike, or JBM accomplished in Brawl? The fact that they're better then GG22?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Jarell has beaten myself and Jlo in tournament before, he wouldn't be going anywhere if we did a top 5 instead of 10/7. High school students shouldn't be majorly penalized for not going OOS if they do well in state, it's not like he's ahead of anyone "big". Cue should be #4 but he doesn't even care about Brawl, but he's got the skills, hence why he isn't up. Just chill until the 20th of February, it'll get cut down.

Edit: Also I'm in favor of Tyser being #1 (brawl), but he told me I'm #1, just so it's clear.

I'm not in charge of Melee other than posting it, so if people want less, let me know.

Also, I deleted the Smash 64 portion due to Project M and the fact that we will NEVER do the round robin smash 64 tournament like I want :(

gantrain05

Smash Master
let me make it clear, he beat a jlo that came out of an 8 month retirement lol. that was my first tourney since, but he did beat me, but i used my awesome CP ability and beat him in losers with my uber crusty olimar.

Echo

Smash Champion
Melee-Should be reduced to 7 as well, but MK Mike got top 10 at MLG Vegas for Melee back in the day, that's accomplishing something.
Plenty of people have accomplished more than what Mexi has in smash, both locally and out of state.

However, I don't see why everyones so upset over this PR thing... wasn't it always just for lulz anyway?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Brawl's PR is still not even worth having up. Why even decrease it to just 7? What have Dark Yoshi, Smeesh, Mike, or JBM accomplished in Brawl? The fact that they're better then GG22?
Well I'm sorry that I'm a bad player and that Smeesh, Mike, and JBM got better experience against players in general than I do.:(

Trent

Smash Champion
Don't go getting burt hurt now, GG. I just said your name since it was #8. It's not fair that people are just given these placings because there's no one better. The scene's just too small.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
This thread is getting hype i like it.

Ain't nobody be doin it like JBM, So please just sit down, listen and learn.(Big burn homie!)

Representation has nothing to do with NE. Top 3 are the only thing that OOS people should be concerned about, so brawlers, you have your respect. Don't demean other players because you don't think they deserve it/aren't good enough to be on the pr.

This kinda stuff should be fun/serious, but i feel you guys have something stuck up ur butts.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
Uh, this is wrong, JBM/Devon/Ian all suggested we make a PR for Project M. I'm not very high on it honestly because, A. I need to get better at Brawl. and B. I need to get better at melee. and C. I don't need to get distracted learning a new game when I'm decent/bad at others.

I said "Tyser should be #1" JBM says "nope, I am" Ian said "Yep, JBM" so I lost 2-1. Honestly, Sherman does belong higher up their, but Sme3sh not being ahead of us is probably wrong, but this is what was basically agreed upon by 6 people (Shawn and Mexi and myself), plus, this is for fun.
Stop making **** up; I never said either of these two things.

ALSO MIKEFALCO BEAT JIANO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom