• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I engage in hyperbole to prove a point. Glad to see people are amused.

Seriously, though, you can of course devise a ruleset in which players are arbitrarily required to behave in strange ways so that Meta Knight is however good or however bad you want him to be. You could just as easily invoke a "you must SD twice at the start of each match when you play against Ganon" rule, for instance, and suddenly Ganon might be competitively viable.

The above rule makes just as much sense as telling Meta Knight players that they get their own special version of the counterpick system, or can only snap to the ledge X times during the match, or can't extend their down-B for 5 seconds to pressure your shield.
Your right about this Crow. But, you have to rmember you can only limit MK so much before having most people no one agree with you or saying "that's pretty much the same as banning him".

EDIT: @HBox: I'm sry not everyone wants him banned because of the legit reasons we've given from page 1-324.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
lol jason u were right

people on smashboards can be very dumb

like the people who still want to ban MK

ya *******

Why are so many melee people coming through on this thread?

I mean, it's aight if you're giving legit reasons, but I don't think you even know the debate judging from the content you're giving.

Why would you even bother coming to the brawl boards
when you've got a so much better game to play
?

strawhats

Smash Master
Melee scrub?

Armada is top 5 (at the very least) in the world. o.O

Anyway, Jason I find it very hypocritical for you to sit here and say "Jiggs is broken!" and not accept even in the slightest that MK is broken. It's no contest. At least in Melee, Jiggs has other characters on her level. In Brawl? MK is god-tier, everyone else is **** tier in comparison.

Your opinion on this subject is ABSOLUTELY 100% self-interest.

If you can at the very least accept this, we can continue with debating with you Jason. Otherwise, have fun talking to yourself in this thread.
please see Ally, ADHD, and Larry...and if there is ever a top level player who will raise the metagame for Olimar.

Dekar173

Justice Man
please see Ally, ADHD, and Larry...and if there is ever a top level player who will raise the metagame for Olimar.
Larry's picking up a whole other character for the MK match-up.

So ... See Ally, and ADHD.

ADHD loses to top MKs now.

So ... See Ally.

He's pro-ban.

So ...

Good point!

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Answer these question please.
1. Are you ********?
2. Is everyone as good Ally, ADHD, Larry, or "this Oli" that you speak of?

Exactly, if you need to say that you need 2-3 certain players or 2-3 characters then MK needs ban or limitations.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
I like how people here are still actually trying to get something real accomplished and aren't realizing that the only purposes of this thread at this point is to increase post counts.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Yep, Sakurai sure has failed in this project. Who cares about the countless millions he's made with this game, he's probably crying himself to sleep every night knowing that the competitive community he never wanted to create is having a big debate!

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Ally is neutral on the subject.
Neutral - Getting tired of MKs popping out like rabbits.

Even if ADHD got or hasnt gotten worst, MKs are learning to use the banana against Diddy Kong, just like how Snake is learning to use the Bananas, I dont even think Diddy is top 3 in this game anymore simply because people have learned how to deal with him. Oh and if the top Diddy goes even with the top 4-5-6 MK then there's a problem.

MK da bess folks.:psycho:

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Neutral - Getting tired of MKs popping out like rabbits.

Even if ADHD got or hasnt gotten worst, MKs are learning to use the banana against Diddy Kong, just like how Snake is learning to use the Bananas, I dont even think Diddy is top 3 in this game anymore simply because people have learned how to deal with him. Oh and if the top Diddy goes even with the top 4-5-6 MK then there's a problem.

MK da bess folks.:psycho:
Ally I think your completely right, but currently there is no one as good or better to replace him in 3rd. I mean even if people have figured out how to deal with nanaz...Wyatt will still find a way to control the nanaz/stage better than his opponent.

@Greatness: I feel the same way. I fell in love with him when I saw one his vids from last year. And even though I didn't realize it he was eventually gonna cause me to main snake about 9 months into the future after watching that vid.
The vid I speak of is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqkE...t&p=9C8196E558C72041&playnext_from=PL&index=6
It's the first vid of him I ever saw.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ally I think your completely right, but currently there is no one as good or better to replace him in 3rd. I mean even if people have figured out how to deal with nanaz...Wyatt will still find a way to control the nanaz/stage better than his opponent.
He hasn't done that for months, and even when he does control it better, he's getting timed out by DSF.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
He hasn't done that for months, and even when he does control it better, he's getting timed out by DSF.
I know I've been keeping up with almost all of his vids. But, I was somewhat exaggerating, what I meant is that ADHD is a great player and he'll get better and better.

EDIT: @Halz: I said that on purpose, because he's that only viable Diddy Kong.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
The only diddy kong viable? Sad.

Very homo replies guys :O!

Jason has no johns anymore, the TOP Metagame of DIDDY Kong (ADHD if no one minds) is LOSING to other MKS other than Jason, so that means... :metaknight: beats :diddy:

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
yo guys armada who doesn't play brawl at all placed 17th at genesis. with sheik. yeah thats how bad the majority of you are. ban them euro sheiks that dont play brawl at all imo

swordgard

Smash Hero

Jason has no johns anymore, the TOP Metagame of DIDDY Kong (ADHD if no one minds) is LOSING to other MKS other than Jason, so that means... :metaknight: beats :diddy:
Nope, it can only mean that he is getting worst, and he has a mental block against you, had some ****ty days, and ___________<insert more johns.

Thats the ONLY possible explantation. For MK to actually beat Diddy would be impossible! The best character in the game with the best options beating the 3rd one with only a couple of good players maining him? Impossible!

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
lol ally is right it's mating season for mk (summer) and tourney's are abundant in this season. and almost every character can learn to use didd'y's nanners but meta has a higher advantage with them.... like he does against every character with out them.

6Mizu

Smash Champion

Yes, I know. But if anyone Wyatt is the only one...to be play Diddy and somewhat succeed.
No offense Wyatt. <3

And of course " :metaknight: beats :diddy: ". I mean look at what's been happening for the last 2 months or so, ADHD has been coming in 3rd plce or so...because he loses to MKs, even in his own state.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
yup. adhd loses to MK, not because the other player just outplayed him at that tournament. nope, no sirree. MK beat him, not the player. its so obvious.

Dekar173

Justice Man
yup. adhd loses to MK, not because the other player just outplayed him at that tournament. nope, no sirree. MK beat him, not the player. its so obvious.
If the players would win without MK anyways ... they most certainly deserve the win, but at the same time, why don't they just play other characters and completely avoid this conflict in the first place?

Oh ya, because they can't.

@lmfao DMG

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
well, i can't wait to see how an MK banned scene goes. ally will be rejoicing because the only player that can beat him will quit so its basically free money for him for the rest of his brawl career.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK banned scene. Here's how it will go:

Take every MK filled spot. Replace with different characters.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
If the players would win without MK anyways ... they most certainly deserve the win, but at the same time, why don't they just play other characters and completely avoid this conflict in the first place?

Oh ya, because they can't.

@lmfao DMG
oh wow, its maybe because they've mained MK for awhile and don't use different characters at a top level.wait, this isn't possible. every MK mains has 2 years tourney experience with every character in the game, i forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom