• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
if the community sucks enough to step it up and learn to play then the game prolly will die in time without mk anyway.

GOD DAMMIT STOP ARGUING THE SAME ****ING CLAIMS WE DEBUNKED 50 POSTS AGO OH MY ****ING GOD **** AARRRRRGGGGGGH ARE YOU TRYING TO DRIVE ME CRAZY?

Have you even READ Crow!'s graph? Are you willing to assume that the fact that a top MK at any given point in the tournament rankings list is 3-27 times better than the snake/Diddy/Marth/Falco at the same level? Are you just going to claim "Coincidence" and nothing more? That more top players play MK? And that that's enough to give him that massive advantage?

Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
See rest of post for details. Who was playing? Players and watchers alike have been shown to severely dislike Planking. >.>

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Great.

You said it yourself. Warmed up. You actually need to warm up, and then you might miss one. ONE MISS AND YOUR CG is screwed.

In the other hand, with planking what the worse that could happen? You miss the edge. Fine, do either a Dair or a Nair or any aerial since they come out in like the time it takes to blink. Or better yet, DownB. Then you magically appear on the ledge.
A. i DONT EVEN USE ICS on a regular basis anymore. so yeah i would have to warm up O.o. i have to warm up my falco and my mk as well. its a personal preference.

B. IF YOU **** UP PLANKING ONCE YOU GET BAIRED AND YOURE SCREWED.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
ill save you the large amount of work your small brain has to do to think about this and tel yo something....

you wont.
This would be funny... if it were funny.

See, I can make corny jokes too. Now you could try and get back to the point of why LGLs are legit if planking isn't broken. You say that scrubs don't matter, but if people complained about planking even though it's not broken, why did those complains matter? Furthermore, why did it take so long for any investigation on how planking works to commence?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So if this is the same Orion that Inui punched, I can totally sympathize with Inui right about now. :/

it takes the TOP players into account. you know. people who actually care and put time into the game.
Most of the people that go to tournaments care and put time into the game. They just most likely don't have as much time to put into it, have less opportunity to put time into it (me living in the middle of nowhere, for example) or they're simply not "as" good as the best. Their opinions don't matter? Please stop posting here, it's actually painful.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
A. i DONT EVEN USE ICS on a regular basis anymore. so yeah i would have to warm up O.o. i have to warm up my falco and my mk as well. its a personal preference.

Not really. You could also Whorenado onto the stage for a perfectly safe option.

And since you are telling people they suck.
You need to warm up. You suck, and get good. Pros dont warm up.

^
the above argument has been all of the anti-ban arguments in this thread. Get good.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
if the community sucks enough to step it up and learn to play then the game prolly will die in time without mk anyway.
I'm not sure if this was a legitimate attempt to make an "argument", or just something to fill up space because you felt "you had to reply".

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
there is no argument its just a bunch of mediocre players blaming their losses on the character instead of being outplayed.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
So if this is the same Orion that Inui punched, I can totally sympathize with Inui right about now. :/
to bad hes perma banned LOL

Most of the people that go to tournaments care and put time into the game. They just most likely don't have as much time to put into it, have less opportunity to put time into it (me living in the middle of nowhere, for example) or they're simply not "as" good as the best. Their opinions don't matter? Please stop posting here, it's actually painful.
so youre saying that. people who suck and live in the middle of nowhere and dont put as much time into the game as good players have just as valid an opinion?

YEAH RIGHT LOL

NNID
Budget_Player

HAHAHAHAHA No.

First of all, planking is actually hard to do wrong unless you're intentionally throwing away 5 jumps to stall for longer. About to get stage spiked by a bair that got through your wall of super fast uairs? You could, you know, stop uairing for a few frames and just **** the ****er who put himself between you and the blastzone. A dropping bair is always going to be one of the following:
-Predictable (if they jump way out, you're gonna see it coming)
-blocked by uair

Also, forgetting something? Like, the fact that you're vulnerable for, at the very most, 6 frames? If your opponent tries to bair you, he's doing the thing that requires the strictest "don't **** up" timing on his part-trying to hit you during your vulnerable phase. You know, while you're covered by an uair hitbox and between him and the stage. If he ****s up, his stock is usually gone. Just... stop posting.

I'm not sure if this was a legitimate attempt to make an "argument", or just something to fill up space because you felt "you had to reply".
Orion is a bad troll who has had maybe one worthwhile post in this entire thread. Seeing as he's posted... 91 times, this is probably a new record.
I'm not normally one to ignore my debate opponents, but the block list is looking REALLY friendly right now.

there is no argument its just a bunch of mediocre players blaming their losses on the character instead of being outplayed.
Ah, I love random ad-hominems. Respond to Crow!'s chart, explain why a lot of pro-bans are MK mains themselves, explain why limiting a broken character who abuses a game mechanic everyone else is to keep him in the game is a good thing, explain why we don't do that in a more radical manner to actually make him fair, and you have actually broken the surface on the pro-ban arguments to this point.

Tornado isn't safe on shield. Try again.
It also often pokes, and you can retreat with it.

Smash Master
Now that all the charts showing that with all the restrictions MK still has over a third of the tourney placings and is over twice as powerful as snake and diddy even given that MK outnumbers snake 13/2 are buried back on earlier pages, antiban has ceased covering their ears and screaming, and now has the gall to pretend that none of those statistics ever happened.

Buncha trolls

NNID
Budget_Player
rofl budget alot of these "mk mains" like you, dont even go to tournaments.
All right, there's one argument. How about the rest? Like, the 40+ pages that Overswarm has been compiling?

FAKE EDIT: Oh wait, no it isn't. Overswarm is a top MK, actually made enough money to live off of smash for a while with MK, and supports the MK ban.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Tornado only pokes when their shield is low. Retreating it still gets you punished.
Try again.

EDIT:
Iblis: I never supported that.
Budget: Which obviously makes OS a top MK, duh.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
When did tornado become unsafe on shield? When did MKs not learn to move away while tornadoing if that's true?

Isn't there a way to land with normal landing lag with Tornado?

Lol I'm going to check.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
=
And since you are telling people they suck.
You need to warm up. You suck, and get good. Pros dont warm up.
umm. adhd and m2k both warm up gtfo LOL. maybe they dont need to beat your scrubby *** to warm up. i havent had extended playing time w. ally so idk about him

you can and should warm for everything you idiot. play something competitive and try not to suck at it, i dare you.

some combination of both prolly

Orion is a bad troll who has had maybe one worthwhile post in this entire thread. Seeing as he's posted... 91 times, this is probably a new record.
I'm not normally one to ignore my debate opponents, but the block list is looking REALLY friendly right now.
um just because your arguments cant respond properly to mine doesnt mean you have to call me a troll.
and FYI

WHEN YOURE GRABBED BY ICS YOU HAVE ZERO. and let me repeat this...

ZERO
ZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZERO

OPTIONS. you can do ANYTHING. EVEN IF THEY MESS UP YOU ARE THROWN AWAY. BIG PUNISH TIME BRO LOOL

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
rofl budget alot of these "mk mains" like you, dont even go to tournaments.
He does know more about the game than you though.
Great argument though. Props.

Tornado only pokes when their shield is low. Retreating it still gets you punished.
Try again.
You might be stupid. But that's the anti-ban argument so I can't use it.

In any case, the only character that can punish a retreating whorenado is Sonic, everyone else is too slow, and they would just get turbo dsmashed.
Try again.

@Budget: Are you single? I might love you.
:p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Caring? Opinions?

Wait a minute, this changes everthing. I'm looking at facts in here from now on, and the only facts in here that matter are from pro-ban. Good day.
You're an absolute moron. I don't usually just call specific people out like this, but you're deserving of it.

Pro ban has shown us numbers. The thing is, these numbers by themselves mean absolutely nothing. Each individual determines whether or not MK's dominance as indicated by the numbers presented by pro-ban is acceptable. There is no 'fact' here. As admitted by pro-ban several times, it is impossible to objectively determine a point at which the level of dominance is too much.

The only 'fact' that serves doubly as a point against MK without any subjectivity is the planking data.

I hope this post serves to make you more intelligent, because, honestly, we could use fewer people like you posting under the impression that they have a firm grasp of what is going on when they are almost completely clueless as a result of their own bias.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
How did this thread become a Ban IC thread?
Soon this will be a ban DDD thread because he can CG until 300% then kill you.

The arguements in here are becoming sad...and way from the topic of the thread.

NNID
Budget_Player
Try again.

EDIT:
Iblis: I never supported that.
Budget: Which obviously makes OS a top MK, duh.
Who's Iblis? I don't get this argument... I'll drop the tornado issue.

um just because your arguments cant respond properly to mine doesnt mean you have to call me a troll.
and FYI

WHEN YOURE GRABBED BY ICS YOU HAVE ZERO. and let me repeat this...

ZERO
ZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZERO

OPTIONS. you can do ANYTHING. EVEN IF THEY MESS UP YOU ARE THROWN AWAY. BIG PUNISH TIME BRO LOOL
Now compare the following:
-A character with a mediocre grab range and no real grab setups (plus a relatively good amount of shield pushback) gets a grab, while having his ******** partner next to him.
-The best offensive character (who is also incredibly fast on land) in the game gets a lead on you and keeps this lead until he makes it to the ledge.

In neither case do you really have any functional options once it starts. But one is likely.

Also, seriously, your posts are TERRIBLE. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

@Thio: Let's see what "subjective" data we've gathered:
-MK is literally unbeatable without ledge grab limits.
-An MK at any given competitive ranking level is between 3 and 27 times better than a player of another top char at the same level.
-Ally, M2K, and ADHD are so far ahead of the rest of the game that including them in results is something that would make statisticians cry.
-MK gets about twice the number of points in tournaments than the second-best character. About 4 times as much as the third-best.
-MK is LITERALLY UNBEATABLE without ledge grab limits.

So yeah, it's all subjective what you pull out of this. Especially that first and last one.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
his posts have more credibility than yours since he, you know, actually ATTENDS tournaments and plays with top players.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

God Dammit Stop Arguing The Same ****ing Claims We Debunked 50 Posts Ago Oh My ****ing God **** Aarrrrrggggggh Are You Trying To Drive Me Crazy?

Have You Even Read Crow!'s Graph? Are You Willing To Assume That The Fact That A Top Mk At Any Given Point In The Tournament Rankings List Is 3-27 Times Better Than The Snake/diddy/marth/falco At The Same Level? Are You Just Going To Claim "coincidence" And Nothing More? That More Top Players Play Mk? And That That's Enough To Give Him That Massive Advantage?

Maybe If You Stopped Using The Same Arguments I Woudl Do Something New

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
wrong. try again.
I quote this post to show the current anti-ban argument. I purposely made it wrong so YOU COULD PROVE ME SO.

Congratulations on sucking. Still waiting to show why my statement is wrong.

his posts have more credibility than yours since he, you know, actually ATTENDS tournaments and plays with top players.
He works on Brawl-, which to my understanding is a Brawl mod, which takes a lot of understanding of the games engine and physics and such. Do you even have a clue?

And again, he has contributed a lot more than your what, 80 or so posts? I guess he's much more active on discussion that you are ;)

Maybe If You Stopped Using The Same Arguments I Woudl Do Something New
Congrats on the failed All Caps. And, you still have arguments to back up.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
this except... you forgot i beat m2k with falcon.

its okay i forgive you though for being such a smart poster in general

I quote this post to show the current anti-ban argument. I purposely made it wrong so YOU COULD PROVE ME SO.

Congratulations on sucking. Still waiting to show why my statement is wrong.
ummm. no youre an idiot. proof please

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Orion when MK gets to the ledge you know many options you have?

YOU HAVE ZERO. and let me repeat this...

ZERO
ZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZE ROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZERO ZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZE ROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZEROZERO
Chuee you did >.>

but this not the thread for that agruement.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
this except... you forgot i beat m2k with falcon.

its okay i forgive you though for being such a smart poster in general

ummm. no youre an idiot. proof please
Proof of me being an idiot.
Just as good as your argument ;)

I still stand right in saying that a DSmash out of tornado is unpunishable.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Nice to see that discussion is still productive and relevant...
I know. budget has debunnked this whole thread with all this powershield SDI ****.

Orion when MK gets to the ledge you know many options you have?
throw **** until he messes up. so in relevancy.... none.

but its better than having Zero when youre grabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom