• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
open your iso, doubleclick the battlefield dat to get it open in the texture tree, select the third texture from the top (offset= 0x34e40), click on the properties tab on the right, click on one of the 4 little trees, the two colors you want to change are at the very bottom stored as hex values with two zeros at the end, default are c1=ff7fff00 c2=ff00ff

there are 4 because the texture is used in 4 spots, the floating platforms plus the main platform. you can change them individually.
Wonderful, I'll check it out

0Frames

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I bring some battlefied textures

Void Battlefield: 9 Colors
https://modulous.net/mod/1534/Void Battlefield (9 Colors)
View attachment 131042

The colors available are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Gray, Pink, and Rainbow
it might be too late now but check this out:

Unfortunately, I deleted but...

How to change BF's orange line color

Orange line is RGB value.

So, search this value...

You can change color!!

imgbyo

Smash Cadet
This looks fantastic and I'd love to add it to my 20XX but the modulous download gives you Peach's default skin instead of your texture

Do you still have the skin? Like could you update the modulous page to fix it because this looks really great :(
Sorry about that! I got made poo brain it should be fine now. let me know if you want any changes :p

https://modulous.net/mod/1515/Yukiko Peach Persona 4.

Kotoha

Smash Rookie
So i was watching Gloomshot's video "Daily Melee highlights: armada declares his godhood"
And i saw a FoD texture and a CSS that i really liked and i wanted to know if anyone has the download link to any of these, you can see these textures around min 3:00
Hey, did you ever find the CSS download? It looks really sick and Id want it too

TheLastOneAlive

Smash Cadet
Anyone know where I can download this skin from? It was in the Hack Pack 4.05. I can't find a mirror of 4.05 anywhere though.

Last edited:

Kotoha

Smash Rookie
Question.
Which texture in DTW is the Pokemon Stadium side platform texture. (Like, the code for it)

Acryte

Smash Ace
Keep in mind these pictures are lossy... the actual images are crispy as hell when viewed in Dolphin. Believe me. Cheers. Also, unfortunately this doesn't include CSPs yet. I'll have to go back through all of them and remake mine in HD and then get Unclepunch to tell me how he made his classic etc pose ones so I can get them in HD as well. FOR BEST RESULTS USE WITH STACHE'S HD MOD OF THE UPSCALED HD RELEASE... JUST REPLACE THE EXISTING FILES WITH THESE ONES.

https://modulous.net/mod/1546/Acryte - HD Shine Theme

High Definition Shine Theme:

Alternate Port Door Style:

Stage Select Screen:

Fight Banners:

MasterHand Font Damages:

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Whoever just downloaded this... Sorry I forgot to include the shine image. You need this for the Shine stage selector icon...

Also for that shine icon to work you may need to use my old Shine Theme usd file since I changed some of the hex values and stuff to make it work. I updated the zip file on modulous with the image for future downloads.

I'll probably type up instructions this weekend for how to make the shine stage selector work so people can avoid having to install a usd and can just tweak the couple necessary values.

Here's that image though:

Attachments

Last edited:

Gasher

Smash Rookie
Keep in mind these pictures are lossy... the actual images are crispy as hell when viewed in Dolphin. Believe me. Cheers. Also, unfortunately this doesn't include CSPs yet. I'll have to go back through all of them and remake mine in HD and then get Unclepunch to tell me how he made his classic etc pose ones so I can get them in HD as well. FOR BEST RESULTS USE WITH STACHE'S HD MOD OF THE UPSCALED HD RELEASE... JUST REPLACE THE EXISTING FILES WITH THESE ONES.

Stage Select Screen:

Fight Banners:

MasterHand Font Damages:
is this pack also available with a fully colored CSS (i mean so half the cast isnt greyed out.)

Acryte

Smash Ace
is this pack also available with a fully colored CSS (i mean so half the cast isnt greyed out.)
That's because the image names seem to be specific to my dump. You need to go into dolphin's graphics settings, go to the advanced tab, and turn on dump textures... then locate each image that isn't showing up and change my file's name to match your dump file's name. They should all show up then.

----- EDIT ------

Aaah Gasher Gasher I just realized what you mean. Nah not yet. Eventually I'll also convert them to a full Color and full greyed out versions for all characters so you can pick and choose but that will take some time. That will probably be my next thing I do. I'll make the full color ones and then full grey. Since I already have the full resolution images made for my screencaps it shouldn't be too hard, but between like 11 characters to make in color and 14 to make in grey it may take a bit.

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman

Stage Select Screen:

Fight Banners:

MasterHand Font Damages:

Looks great! how did you get the SSS to look like that tho??

Acryte

Smash Ace
Looks great! how did you get the
SSS to look like that tho??
I swapped out the background image for a photoshopped version of FD and I made HD versions of my stage select icons I made a week ago.

I was thinking about redoing the bg though since it only extends to the edges of the screen... I was thinking about using the camera scroll to make a massive panoramic image of FD at 8x internal resolution. The pain in the ass with the SSS screen is that it actually distorts the image because it wraps it in a bowl-like way. You have to deform and warp the image to make it appear flat. Basically I created a 3d object that was an inverted version of the bowl and then applied my image as a surface texture so that when I put it into the SSS it looks normal.

It wasn't perfect and took some tweaking but I think it turned out decent.

-------- EDIT ----------

I still wasn't satisfied with the Shine fight banner. I hardened up the edges and it looks much better:

I also updated the modulous link with HD versions of my CSPs. I'll be needing HD versions of UnclePunch's now or will have to make new CSPs to replace them. So far I have CSPs up for Fox, Falco, Marth, Mario, Luigi and Ganondorf. For those that just want to dl the CSPs without the rest of the stuff here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aKqmojst2ocm5od2lDODVIWm8

Lastly, my menu colors are
R: 1
G: 231
B: 239

Attachments

Last edited:

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
This may be a stupid question, but for someone new to the modding scene who has made a few different reskins thus far, does anyone know how to change the sky color/gradient on Stadium? I'm working on a Vaporwave Falco theme and altering the sky gradient ever so slightly would be incredibly beneficial.

Curbyy

Smash Rookie
Hey,

it has been a while, but here i come with my second creation: The Ewok Ice Climbers Skin.

Download

It's not as good as i wanted it to be, but its quite enjoyable i think. Hope you guys like it.
Because getting wobbled was never as fun as getting beaten to death by a pack of Ewoks.

By the way i want to thank whoever put my Jedi skin in the recent 20XX version a whole lot! I did not expect this at all, so i was really happy to be a part of this awesome HackPack.
PS: Pls fix it for the next version :cry:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Hey,

it has been a while, but here i come with my second creation: The Ewok Ice Climbers Skin.

Download

It's not as good as i wanted it to be, but its quite enjoyable i think. Hope you guys like it.
Because getting wobbled was never as fun as getting beaten to death by a pack of Ewoks.

By the way i want to thank whoever put my Jedi skin in the recent 20XX version a whole lot! I did not expect this at all, so i was really happy to be a part of this awesome HackPack.
Amazing :)

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Hey,

Download

Fix what? Is there something wrong with the Jedi Marth skin? Which version of 20XX are you looking at, 4.07++?

And that skin is great btw. Couldn't pass it up.

And these ICies are great too! Perfect for one of their brown color slots.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Beckhamdaboss

Smash Cadet
Hey, I changed the Main floor texture and Pokeball on Pokemon stadium to a higher resolution image. I cant seem to find the texture for the Platforms though. I am using dolphins texture pack option to add these in. Anyone know the name of the platform file so I can add it to my texture pack? Thanks c:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Question.
Which texture in DTW is the Pokemon Stadium side platform texture. (Like, the code for it)
Hey, I changed the Main floor texture and Pokeball on Pokemon stadium to a higher resolution image. I cant seem to find the texture for the Platforms though. I am using dolphins texture pack option to add these in. Anyone know the name of the platform file so I can add it to my texture pack? Thanks c:
Try having a look at these solutions:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Hey Acryte Acryte , love what you've been up to, keep it up! I have a question, how did you change the SSS on that build?? I've been trying to edit it but its a pain.

EDIT: ignore, didn't see your reply!

I swapped out the background image for a photoshopped version of FD and I made HD versions of my stage select icons I made a week ago.

I was thinking about redoing the bg though since it only extends to the edges of the screen... I was thinking about using the camera scroll to make a massive panoramic image of FD at 8x internal resolution. The pain in the *** with the SSS screen is that it actually distorts the image because it wraps it in a bowl-like way. You have to deform and warp the image to make it appear flat. Basically I created a 3d object that was an inverted version of the bowl and then applied my image as a surface texture so that when I put it into the SSS it looks normal.

It wasn't perfect and took some tweaking but I think it turned out decent.

-------- EDIT ----------

I still wasn't satisfied with the Shine fight banner. I hardened up the edges and it looks much better:

I also updated the modulous link with HD versions of my CSPs. I'll be needing HD versions of UnclePunch's now or will have to make new CSPs to replace them. So far I have CSPs up for Fox, Falco, Marth, Mario, Luigi and Ganondorf. For those that just want to dl the CSPs without the rest of the stuff here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aKqmojst2ocm5od2lDODVIWm8

Lastly, my menu colors are
R: 1
G: 231
B: 239
Wow thats crazy. I'm making a build that will have red and black as main colors, how did you change the SSS hue color for the background?

Last edited by a moderator:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Hey Acryte Acryte , love what you've been up to, keep it up! I have a question, how did you change the SSS on that build?? I've been trying to edit it but its a pain.

EDIT: ignore, didn't see your reply!

Wow thats crazy. I'm making a build that will have red and black as main colors, how did you change the SSS hue color for the background?
The Hue color? Well... the picture I'm using extends across the entire screen. Otherwise, it may be inherited from my color settings in 4.07

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Could someone make a Rasta Ness, with a lit blunt for his bat possibly? :nessmelee:
And a hypebeast outfit for Falco, BAPE jacket and all that? Seems fitting. Not over green would be nice too. :falcomelee:

Last edited:

ChefBoird

Smash Rookie
Any of you know how to import CCS textures to Dolphin, I got the Acryte HD Shine Theme 2.0 but there are gale 01 folders and I don't know where they go.

Onii-God

Smash Rookie
Any of you know how to import CCS textures to Dolphin, I got the Acryte HD Shine Theme 2.0 but there are gale 01 folders and I don't know where they go.
Go to your dolphin folder and follow "SmashLadder-FM5(or what ever dolphin you use) -> User -> Load -> Textures" and just put the GALE01 folder in the Texture folder

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
Awesome job everyone! Really loving the 64 polygons, Overwatch and green tea skins! Also that rainbow jigglypuff code!

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Not a texture, but does anyone know how to change the blinking red lights at the bottom of pokemon stadium?

Top Bottom