• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
what do
Okay, so here's a basic version of FD with the Trophy collect background, but it's not exactly right. See the reason the Trophy Collect background is so nice, is because it's actually made up of 3 textures put together. There's a texture for the clouds, a texture for the stars that can faintly be seen in the back, and a texture for the moon. So it's not exactly the same, unfortunately. I could maybe try to figure out a way to make it work on FD, but it would take more work, and honestly, I just don't have the time right now.

here's your link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxPgMxpg4dlnaTA2S2dmVlVCTEU/view?usp=sharing

What do i do with the FD_Trophy Collect.0at file? is it meant to be a dat of some kind, or is it something that has to be uploaded into DAT manager?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Could someone please make an Ash hat Pikachu skin?

This one would be really awesome, ideally without any changes to hitboxes and hurtboxes.
Is anyone willing to make this? :pikachumelee:

So awesome:pikachumelee:

Last edited:

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
what do

What do i do with the FD_Trophy Collect.0at file? is it meant to be a dat of some kind, or is it something that has to be uploaded into DAT manager?
Import it over GrNLa.dat. Or rebuild an iso with the file placed in the root folder, but renamed GrNLa.dat.
I figured most of you had DAT Texture Wizard already, and would know to import it, sorry for the lack of explanation.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Import it over GrNLa.dat. Or rebuild an iso with the file placed in the root folder, but renamed GrNLa.dat.
I figured most of you had DAT Texture Wizard already, and would know to import it, sorry for the lack of explanation.
Okay, so just rename it GrNLa.dat! thanks!

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
somethings wrong, i keep inserting it into my root, renaming it, and rebuilding it but nothing happens.

I'm using an old ver of 20xx if that helps. 3.02 i think

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
somethings wrong, i keep inserting it into my root, renaming it, and rebuilding it but nothing happens.

Actually I can say the same for myself, I'm using 4.07++ and I saw no change

oso!

Smash Rookie

Actually I can say the same for myself, I'm using 4.07++ and I saw no change
I thought the same thing until i played a full game on it. The new effects only appear on that one part with the clouds and the land above and below you. Kinda sucks that it can only be on that part, but I imagine the effects wouldn't easily work on the default FD.

Isn't the trophy select stage playable on 20XX? It would be cool if we could mod the FD stage model onto that stage.

Is there a CSP with all of the victory poses out there? If not is there a CSP guide?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
@oso is exactly right. It has a lot to do with how FD is setup. I should really explain myself more on here, instead of making assumptions.

But for now, refer to OSO's explanation, as he got it.

As for importing FD into the already created Trophy stage, that's something I'm trying to figure out now actually.

Last edited:

Ethos13

Smash Rookie
So I was watching GTX last week and saw this edit to their CSS (The "ready to fight" text now in blue)

Tried to do something similar myself but was unable to find the textures for the 'ready to fight' text or the red bar surrounding it. Any guidance as to how I could edit this myself would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
So I was watching GTX last week and saw this edit to their CSS (The "ready to fight" text now in blue)

Tried to do something similar myself but was unable to find the textures for the 'ready to fight' text or the red bar surrounding it. Any guidance as to how I could edit this myself would be greatly appreciated

Hey Ethos,

What they're using is UCF, a melee mod for making dashbacks and shieldrops easier on every controller. The "Ready To Fight" banner is most likely a case where the texture doesn't decide the color, the code does. To learn how to find and change colors of elements that aren't textures, take a look at this guide:

https://smashboards.com/threads/changing-color-effects-in-melee.313177/

Hope this helps!

Ethos13

Smash Rookie
Hey Ethos,

What they're using is UCF, a melee mod for making dashbacks and shieldrops easier on every controller. The "Ready To Fight" banner is most likely a case where the texture doesn't decide the color, the code does. To learn how to find and change colors of elements that aren't textures, take a look at this guide:

https://smashboards.com/threads/changing-color-effects-in-melee.313177/

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the response, That makes a lot of sense considering I couldn't find the texture, hopefully I can figure it out from this guide.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the response, That makes a lot of sense considering I couldn't find the texture, hopefully I can figure it out from this guide.
If you do manage to figure out what hex to change and where do you think you could post it here too? I swear people have been asking how to change the color of the banner's text forever and every time someone figures it out they never say where it is lol

Ethos13

Smash Rookie
If you do manage to figure out what hex to change and where do you think you could post it here too? I swear people have been asking how to change the color of the banner's text forever and every time someone figures it out they never say where it is lol
Found a useful thread here for editing it.
https://smashboards.com/threads/changing-the-color-of-the-ready-to-fight-banner.403839/
However it still proved quite tedious due to the pulsing effect that the colors had. I ended up settling for this instead after using some of Acryte's CSS edits and modifying some colors in HXD. Can put download up if anyone wants it. https://imgur.com/LZKAvB5.jpg

Edit: Kept trying to directly post the image but it would just appear as a little icon with a cross through its bottom-right corner when posted, so a link will have to do.

Last edited:

oso!

Smash Rookie
anyone have the css with the all star mode portraits? ive been looking for it for a while, i know it exists

ssbTopHatMatt

Smash Rookie
Here's a challenge for anyone that's willing. Try to make a recolor that resembles Arvis from FE4 for either of the FE characters. It'll most likely work more with Roy, considering his armor being more suitable for Arvis then Marth's is. I've tried it out myself, and I couldn't get the hang of it, so it'd be sick to see one of you guys try to. If you decide to take the challenge, good luck!

imgbyo

Smash Cadet
Here's a challenge for anyone that's willing. Try to make a recolor that resembles Arvis from FE4 for either of the FE characters. It'll most likely work more with Roy, considering his armor being more suitable for Arvis then Marth's is. I've tried it out myself, and I couldn't get the hang of it, so it'd be sick to see one of you guys try to. If you decide to take the challenge, good luck!
Arvis Marth.

https://modulous.net/mod/1647/Arvis Marth.

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
How hard would it be to create a metroid-esque dreamland based off of the textures from Brinstar and Brinstar Depths? I'd do it myself but I've been busy lately

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
How hard would it be to create a metroid-esque dreamland based off of the textures from Brinstar and Brinstar Depths? I'd do it myself but I've been busy lately
I could try to work on this. To be honest I was already working on a Metroid-esq Yoshi's Story re-texture (mostly just because I love the idea of making a big fat walking Kraid with a sign) but the center trees have been a major problem for me. So dreamland might be fun.

Yakult

Smash Cadet
I could try to work on this. To be honest I was already working on a Metroid-esq Yoshi's Story re-texture (mostly just because I love the idea of making a big fat walking Kraid with a sign) but the center trees have been a major problem for me. So dreamland might be fun.
i didnt test this in game but it looks correct in smashforge. i think it's what you want. if you need anything else removed let me know

yoshis story - no trees on main stage

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Okay.

I need help with one more thing (sorry for the double post)

So I've been working on my thing, and I still have some textures to figure out, but I keep running into this problem with yoshi's. Peep the image:
GALE01-2.png

Yakult

Smash Cadet
the white clouds are texture 0xacd20 in dtw. as for the green bits and water, are you using the latest dtw? im pretty sure i remember seeing DRGN addressing this :) maybe check his dtw thread if you still cant replace the textures with the latest version

looking good btw

Last edited:

Orion

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to install the transparent stadium textures, but when I click import and choose the file, nothing happens, even after changing the name to GrPs.usd to match the original file name.

Here's what the error log says:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1537, in __call__
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 4119, in importSingleIsoFile
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 4013, in replaceFileInDisc
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Top Bottom