• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Orion

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a backup of the files in the OP? I tried to get a bunch of skins but the links were dead: Sephiroth Marth, Giygas Destination Redux, Dark Falco, Silent Wolf Fox, and many others.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Does anyone have a backup of the files in the OP? I tried to get a bunch of skins but the links were dead: Sephiroth Marth, Giygas Destination Redux, Dark Falco, Silent Wolf Fox, and many others.
Look them up on Modulous.

DRGN

Technowizard
- by DRGN.png

Name: Ash Hat Pikachu
Made by: DRGN
Modulous page: https://modulous.net/mod/1653/Ash Hat Pikachu
Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/adorc4321si1172/Ash_Hat_Pikachu.zip

comparison.png

Much better!

The hat doesn't normally allow for asymmetrical designs on the front, but, well, now it does.

Zeallyx Zeallyx

Okay.

I need help with one more thing (sorry for the double post)

So I've been working on my thing, and I still have some textures to figure out, but I keep running into this problem with yoshi's. Peep the image:
View attachment 133472
Those should all be in DTW. However they're mipmap textures (you can search that in the DTW thread and/or on Google to learn more about them), and thus should show up with a "+" drop-down button to the left of the texture in DTW. You can replace them individually (with the "Cascade Mipmap Changes" setting disabled. even with different images for each level) or all at once by replacing the parent texture.

I've been trying to install the transparent stadium textures, but when I click import and choose the file, nothing happens, even after changing the name to GrPs.usd to match the original file name.

Here's what the error log says:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1537, in __call__
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 4119, in importSingleIsoFile
File "DAT Texture Wizard.py", line 4013, in replaceFileInDisc
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Does anyone know how to fix this?
It looks like you're trying to import a file that has been moved or deleted. If you're still having the problem, try using the newest version if you're not already. In general, I need to know what version you're using, and the exact steps you take to get the error.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 133517

Name: Ash Hat Pikachu
Made by: DRGN
Modulous page: https://modulous.net/mod/1653/Ash Hat Pikachu
Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/adorc4321si1172/Ash_Hat_Pikachu.zip

View attachment 133519
Much better!

The hat doesn't normally allow for asymmetrical designs on the front, but, well, now it does.

Zeallyx Zeallyx

Those should all be in DTW. However they're mipmap textures (you can search that in the DTW thread and/or on Google to learn more about them), and thus should show up with a "+" drop-down button to the left of the texture in DTW. You can replace them individually (with the "Cascade Mipmap Changes" setting disabled. even with different images for each level) or all at once by replacing the parent texture.

It looks like you're trying to import a file that has been moved or deleted. If you're still having the problem, try using the newest version if you're not already. In general, I need to know what version you're using, and the exact steps you take to get the error.
Hey DRGN DRGN , can we do this with fox/falco's jacket texture on their backs? That would be sick!

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

Orion

Smash Rookie
Look them up on Modulous.
I did, they're not there.

Ok, so I'm trying to import a stadium texture hack (I've tried several so far, none of them work) into a Melee 1.02 ISO.

I use DTW, open the ISO, go to GrPs.usd and try to import a texture hack, but nothing happens, and then I see that message in the error log. It works with any other stage, though.

DRGN

Technowizard
Hey DRGN DRGN , can we do this with fox/falco's jacket texture on their backs? That would be sick!
Probably. I'll add it to my things to do. Pikachu was meant to be just a quick break from some bigger things I'm still working on.

And Mario's hat!
I'm not sure what you're thinking exactly, but if you're referring to the sides of the hat, that would probably be more difficult.

I did, they're not there.
Sephiroth Marth
Dark Falco
GiyGas Destination Redux
Silent Wolf Fox

Reference screenshots included. Links also updated in the OP.

Ok, so I'm trying to import a stadium texture hack (I've tried several so far, none of them work) into a Melee 1.02 ISO.

I use DTW, open the ISO, go to GrPs.usd and try to import a texture hack, but nothing happens, and then I see that message in the error log. It works with any other stage, though.
I meant I needed to know what version of DTW you're using. Please use the latest version if you're not already. The file you downloaded might be a bad file or corrupt (or, for example html that was saved into a dat file, which is pretty noticeable if you open the file in a hex editor), considering that other stages work fine and they use the same processes. Might help if you upload it so I can see it.

Also, contrary to what some people post, you don't need to rename the file to anything specific prior to importing if you're using DTW to replace a file that's already in your game.

Orion

Smash Rookie
Sephiroth Marth
Dark Falco
GiyGas Destination Redux
Silent Wolf Fox

Reference screenshots included. Links also updated in the OP.
Thank you!

EDIT:
Do you happen to have the original GiyGas Destination? This one doesn't seem to have the background transitions.

I meant I needed to know what version of DTW you're using. Please use the latest version if you're not already. The file you downloaded might be a bad file or corrupt (or, for example html that was saved into a dat file, which is pretty noticeable if you open the file in a hex editor), considering that other stages work fine and they use the same processes. Might help if you upload it so I can see it.

Also, contrary to what some people post, you don't need to rename the file to anything specific prior to importing if you're using DTW to replace a file that's already in your game.
Version 5.3 64 bits. I tried downloading several pokemon stadium hacks, but none of them worked when trying to import. Nothing happens in the DTW, then the error log has the same message.

Happy Halloween!

Name: Witches Brew
Made by: God with a Wavebird
Modulous page: https://modulous.net/mod/1656/Witches Brew

Name: Dreamland Pumpkin Patch
Made by: God with a Wavebird
Modulous page: https://modulous.net/mod/1657/Halloween Dreamland
Awesome! What about these skins? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DRGN

Technowizard
Do you happen to have the original GiyGas Destination? This one doesn't seem to have the background transitions.

Version 5.3 64 bits. I tried downloading several pokemon stadium hacks, but none of them worked when trying to import. Nothing happens in the DTW, then the error log has the same message.
Doesn't look like I have the original Giygas stage.

So, I found the problem with the import. And I have to say, it's one of the strangest things I've seen in Python in quite some time, and I've seen some pretty weird stuff recently with other apps I've been working on. Following the stacktrace (the error you gave me) points to a line of code that's just a standard print statement, something left in the code for debugging purposes, which shouldn't affect code execution at all. All along I thought the stacktrace had to be wrong; I thought all my copies of the 5.3 source file must have been modified after compiling the version I released (thus changing the line I would be pointed to). Especially since I couldn't reproduce your error, and the name of the error didn't make sense for that kind of command. But turns out that was actually it! And, it only happens after the code is compiled, and [so far with what I tested] only with that stage! So strange. And naturally I do most of my testing using the un-compiled source, so I was pretty far from ever seeing this error. Good thing you brought it to my attention. I'll try to upload a new version soon with a few updates and a fix for this. In the meantime, you could trying using v5.0.1 for that import.

Orion

Smash Rookie
Doesn't look like I have the original Giygas stage.

So, I found the problem with the import. And I have to say, it's one of the strangest things I've seen in Python in quite some time, and I've seen some pretty weird stuff recently with other apps I've been working on. Following the stacktrace (the error you gave me) points to a line of code that's just a standard print statement, something left in the code for debugging purposes, which shouldn't affect code execution at all. All along I thought the stacktrace had to be wrong; I thought all my copies of the 5.3 source file must have been modified after compiling the version I released (thus changing the line I would be pointed to). Especially since I couldn't reproduce your error, and the name of the error didn't make sense for that kind of command. But turns out that was actually it! And, it only happens after the code is compiled, and [so far with what I tested] only with that stage! So strange. And naturally I do most of my testing using the un-compiled source, so I was pretty far from ever seeing this error. Good thing you brought it to my attention. I'll try to upload a new version soon with a few updates and a fix for this. In the meantime, you could trying using v5.0.1 for that import.
Thanks a lot for the help (and the tool itself).

Jeankyuubi

Smash Rookie
So ive been trying to download samus ped suit and green ranger captain falcon but to no avail. When I click on the links it tells me that the files were deleted. Does anyone have an update to the links ?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I made custom CSP trim colors but now that I switched to 4.07++ they're gone... :/ How do I get them back?

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
My mediafire account was suspended. I have submitted a ticket. There may or may not have been an ISO file on my account, can't really remember. We'll see what happens.

imgbyo

Smash Cadet
My mediafire account was suspended. I have submitted a ticket. There may or may not have been an ISO file on my account, can't really remember. We'll see what happens.
That really sucks to read! I hope everything works out! :(

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
How/Is it possible to use CCC with Puff textures, Pikachu textures, and Peach's Daisy texture?

Last edited:

xMezzy

Smash Rookie
Does anyone in here know why this is happening and how i can change it... Everytime i make falco feathers black when you are in game he has a blueish tint to him. IT is NOT true black. The only exception is on his red color, those tend to be true black for some reason. PLEASE HELP!!?!?!?!!?!

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
Does anyone in here know why this is happening and how i can change it... Everytime i make falco feathers black when you are in game he has a blueish tint to him. IT is NOT true black. The only exception is on his red color, those tend to be true black for some reason. PLEASE HELP!!?!?!?!!?!
Maybe you can edit some value like this

changing the value of unknown 12 from 00030010 to 00050010 for the emblem texture has this effect:

one of them is already set to 00050010 so just set the other one
In DTW open your marth skin and click on the second texture (cape emblem) so that it's highlighted, click on the first small tree, then scroll down on the right until you see Unknown 12, and change that value to 00050010. Then crucially you have to hit enter so that it goes red, and finally save.

Doing that should look a little something like this:

Yakult

Smash Cadet

StagesWhenPls

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon

Curbyy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

im back with a new skin for you guys. i always wanted to make something really cool for luigi and yesterday i finally had a good idea.
now im proudly presenting:

B-Boy Luigi

I hope you like it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom