• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
So ive been working on stages for my netplay texture pack but ive come to a halt on a name for the new dream land. Anyone got any ideas? Im gonna changed the name on the stage select screen once i decide.

also this is still a wip. Im gonna make the back ground higher res at some point and do a little better job on the leaves.

Dat Aint Falco

Smash Cadet
WOW! the DTW is an awesome and super easy program to use and I finally got the crosshair on the stage select screen to switch (trying the character select screen now). Thanks to everybody who mentioned and a special thanks to the good people who went through the trouble of making these textures it's all great stuff.

Dat Aint Falco

Smash Cadet
Neat and funny!
So I was hoping to get the "buttsavage" created by Veggies Character select screen texture to work, unfortunately I kept getting an error message "unable to input the ISO be sure that the file is not being used by another program" (it wasn't). However I was able it get Itaru's to work and this one is great too nice work btw.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
The Sabriel Blue Peach doesn't work, it says it is the wrong size and freezes the game.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
I really like the Lumberjack Falcon costume by Saxon116 Saxon116 , but I didn’t like that he still had his shoulder pad, so I removed it and his gun; thought I’d share.

View attachment 103307
Name: Lumberjack Falcon (model modded)
Made By: Saxon116 (textures), DRGN (model)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wjwdo32gnrgmb99/Lumberjack_Falcon_(no_shoulder_pad).zip

Speaking of this sort of thing, yeah I’m still going to post a new guide on this. I have it mostly done already actually, I just need to finish up a few things and post it. Also I wanted to ask, can you guys think of any other 'advanced' costume related hacks you guys would like to see more info on? I might include it with what I'm writing now.

Might be able to help, but we need more info, mang. Think about it like this: you're a car mechanic, and someone comes up to you and says, 'Hey, my car doesn't work. Do you know what's wrong with it?' Uh. No. No, I don't. lol ;) Can you describe the problem, and your process?
Thanks man! it was bugging me too

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! got a request for you, if you could please.

I thought it would be a really cool Idea to have a fox skin thats based off of a character from Fantastic Mr. Fox. I think Ash would be the best suited for it, but Mr. Fox would also be easy to make as well.
Here are reference pictures for people that are unfamiliar with the characters.

he has a sock on his head for most of the film, but I think it would be easier/cooler for him to have it off.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Yo, is there any way that the Male/Female Wireframe models will work on Falcon/Zelda? Pretty sure I've asked this before, no response. :(

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Last edited:

Gasher

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, can anybody in here make a Striker Bowser Skin? I madly love the Striker Armor for Bowser from MSC. I think i can speak for many (not really) Bowser Mains, that such a Skin would maka em happy :DD.

DRGN

Technowizard
GALE01-15.png

lol

And would you guess that it only took changing 3 hex characters in his file to do this (i.e. barely 2 bytes)?

Last edited:

Nixxon

Smash Rookie
I love this, btw. I'm so glad I stayed up to watch his final game live. The popoff in my living room was just like Mango v. Hungrybox at Genesis 3.
thanks man. yeah, that last game was godlikeeee. i had to watch it via youtube stream cuz i live in china right now, but my vpn crapped out mid third quarter so i missed the whole ending ;_;

still an instant classic, even though i had to watch the highlights after the fact

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! got a request for you, if you could please.

I thought it would be a really cool Idea to have a fox skin thats based off of a character from Fantastic Mr. Fox. I think Ash would be the best suited for it, but Mr. Fox would also be easy to make as well.
Here are reference pictures for people that are unfamiliar with the characters.

he has a sock on his head for most of the film, but I think it would be easier/cooler for him to have it off.

That movie is so eerie, I'll see what I can do

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
There were some things I didn't like about the 'Yeti DK', mostly that there were some areas that were unfinished, and I thought his skin could be improved by making it look colder/frostbitten.

Yeti DK: 00000000-3.png

Plus I play DK sometimes too, so I wanted to do something nice for him. So I made a new one along the same lines (my first full costume!).

- by DRGN.png

Name: Frost Kong
Made By: DRGN
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tl0tlpj275o0sq6/Frost_Kong.zip
Edit: Can now also be found/followed on Modulous here.

I'm thinking about also doing a red "Blaze Kong" too, since he has so few costumes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom