• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me recreate something for 20XX that I used in Project M.

I had this guy make me two Marth skins (one all black, another black with silver accents). I know it doesn't have the preview images or the links to the files anymore, so I'm more than willing to provide all the information necessary to recreate them.

In addition, I had the texture maker put this emblem on the back of Marth's cape (basically the silver helmet with white horns on Marth's black cape).

Furthermore, if it's possible, I would also like the background alternate colors to be silver for the black/silver one, and black for the all black one.

And does anyone have a link to a grey/silver shield and black shield to correspond to the colors?

I know it's a lot to ask for, but I would greatly appreciate the help. There are tons of talented texture makers on here, so any assistance would be much appreciated.
For the shields... If you have 20XX 4.05, then you can do it in the debug menu.

SmashModGod

Smash Cadet
Guys does anyone know what files I need to edit to remove the Dpad-up = metal skin option in 20xx?

I always press it on accident and it's a hugely annoying and never desirable feature that gets in the way of my cool skins.

How to remove it?? :)

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Hi there, does anyone know how to adjust the PAL PlFx.dat file to have purple lasers please?

If you replace the PlFx file it changes the NTSC colour but the PAL colour stays the same.

Trying to replace the PAL PlFx file with the purple laser file changes the colour but reverts fox to NTSC mode.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Hi there, does anyone know how to adjust the PAL PlFx.dat file to have purple lasers please?

If you replace the PlFx file it changes the NTSC colour but the PAL colour stays the same.

Trying to replace the PAL PlFx file with the purple laser file changes the colour but reverts fox to NTSC mode.
Change the file called "PlFx.pat". Let me know if it works :) .

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Replacing that file does indeed change the colour settings but also removes the PAL settings of the character.

I do not know what exactly I am changing when it comes to the details within that file. My texture changing has simply been importing new skins over others.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Replacing that file does indeed change the colour settings but also removes the PAL settings of the character.

I do not know what exactly I am changing when it comes to the details within that file. My texture changing has simply been importing new skins over others.
https://smashboards.com/threads/mel...t-here-in-the-op.247119/page-47#post-10732380
Learn how to change using this method. I hope the structure of the pal file is the same so you can change the same location. Maybe even copy and paste from the one already changed into the pal.

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
I'm seeing a lot of people make hacks for the name entry screen like this

what file in dat texture wizard do I go to in order to start making my own custom name select characters?

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm seeing a lot of people make hacks for the name entry screen like this

what file in dat texture wizard do I go to in order to start making my own custom name select characters?
The DOL (a.k.a. Start.dol, in the System files folder).

TimpZ

Smash Cadet
I have created a new character select screen that exclusively uses in-game screenshots/models as CSPs and BPs. I worked very hard on this and it took me around a week to create. I am not extremely happy with the outcome (I may come back to it) but I think as of now, it looks fine.

Name: CSS/CSP/BP Re-do
Made by: Veggies
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkb5kmzgatli82g/This_is_the_new_CSS.usd
Pictures of new CSPs:
What is the aspect ration for the small images in the CSS, do you know? I messed with it but I can'f find a good ratio to capture it in so that it look good on a TV. Also I had some palette issues but I'm guessing you can just use GIMP to optimise that, right?

Anyway I made a few things for fun (or lack thereof I guess :p)

ESL CSS Ports

ESL Pokemon Stadium

I also made a recreation of the default ports in GIMP which is layered and has the alpha layer in it as explained in this guide. It's not perfect by any means but I think it's good enough and if someone want's to make their own port based on the original design without much effort then here it is.

XCF file

Last edited:

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ADD 20xxTE's REPLAY FUNCTIONALITY TO 20xx 4.05????

I REALLY WANT TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE ISO!!!!
Post in the melee codes forums. They might be able to help you. It's under the melee workshop.

SmashModGod

Smash Cadet
GUYS I'M PAYING $50 FOR MOD HELP!!!!

ANYONE WHO CAN PUT 20XXTE'S REPLAY FUNCTIONALITY INTO 20XX 4.05 ISO WILL GET PAID $50 BY ME!!!

PAYPAL GOOGLE WALLET WHATEVER YOU WANT I WILL PAY IF YOU CAN DO THIS SMASH MELEE MOD FOR ME!!!!

I've been looking for help on this for soooo long and finally decided to put cash up for it.

I've messaged Achilles so far because he made 4.05, PLEASE RECCOMEND OTHER USERNAMES FOR ME TO SEND THIS TO! IDK WHO ELSE IS GOOD AT MODDING, MAYBE DAN SALVATO? WHAT'S HIS USERNAME ON HERE?? THX!!!!

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
GUYS I'M PAYING $50 FOR MOD HELP!!!!

ANYONE WHO CAN PUT 20XXTE'S REPLAY FUNCTIONALITY INTO 20XX 4.05 ISO WILL GET PAID $50 BY ME!!!

PAYPAL GOOGLE WALLET WHATEVER YOU WANT I WILL PAY IF YOU CAN DO THIS SMASH MELEE MOD FOR ME!!!!

I've been looking for help on this for soooo long and finally decided to put cash up for it.

I've messaged Achilles so far because he made 4.05, PLEASE RECCOMEND OTHER USERNAMES FOR ME TO SEND THIS TO! IDK WHO ELSE IS GOOD AT MODDING, MAYBE DAN SALVATO? WHAT'S HIS USERNAME ON HERE?? THX!!!!

DRGN DRGN

SmashModGod

Smash Cadet
Also the first post on this thread said something about a 20xx HP 4+, does anyone know what that means? Sounds like a CSS menu thing?

Is that 20xx HP 4+ the part that allows the L/R alt skins in 20xx 4.05? If so maybe that's all I need to add to TE to have my combo ISO? Thoughts? Where to DL / install this HP 4+?

Post in the melee codes forums. They might be able to help you. It's under the melee workshop.
Thx, did, got zero replies. Came back here

Last edited by a moderator:

DRGN

Technowizard
Also the first post on this thread said something about a 20xx HP 4+, does anyone know what that means?
20XX HP is just short for '20XX Melee Training Hack Pack'. "4+" refers to the version (i.e. 4 and above), which is currently 4.05.

20XXHP is made by Achilles. 20XX TE is '20XX Tournament Edition", made by Dan Salvato.

SmashModGod

Smash Cadet
Gotcha thanks. Would putting the MnSelChr.usd of 20xx 4.05 into the 20xxTE ISO with DAT T.W. allow the use of the L/R alt skins? That's the main part I want to add. And if there's any way to also add the improved AI from 4.05 to TE then I'll definitely pay money for any help in that area!!

DRGN

Technowizard
Long story short, I accidentally made this; anyone want a weird new Ganon avatar?:
TEST01-10-02.png

Gotcha thanks. Would putting the MnSelChr.usd of 20xx 4.05 into the 20xxTE ISO with DAT T.W. allow the use of the L/R alt skins? That's the main part I want to add. And if there's any way to also add the improved AI from 4.05 to TE then I'll definitely pay money for any help in that area!!
20XX TE isn't an ISO, it's data in a save file, so no, that wouldn't work. There's also other code and lots of character files for the L/R alt skins, which wouldn't be able to fit into the limited space of the save file.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
20XX 4.05 comes pre-loaded with a few Battlefield textures, and if you want you can go to the debug menu and it will choose one of these at random. Is this possible with all other stages? @Achilles1515 DRGN DRGN :)

Top Bottom