• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
Is there an America Fox costume? I'm talking about the one that is usually associated with Mang0. If anybody could help me out that'd be great

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Yo does anyone have a dolphin code to turn the back round on stages black so I can make cleaner CSP's?

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace
Does someone have a visual turtorial on how I change the CSS on 20XX 4.05? I downloaded Dat WIZARD but I don't know what to do next ! I know how to work GCR rebuilder but idk Dat WIZARD!! Help!!

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Does someone have a visual turtorial on how I change the CSS on 20XX 4.05? I downloaded Dat WIZARD but I don't know what to do next ! I know how to work GCR rebuilder but idk Dat WIZARD!! Help!!
It is real easy since you have DAT texture wizard, open up the iso in DAT texture wizard and find MnSlChr.usd, if you hit the menu tab it should be somewhere nearby. Then just import the new MnSlChr.usd you want to use. However, the 4.05 20XX MnSlChr.usd file is NOT the same as previous versions of 20XX, so while it is easy to import new awesome css like Itaru's beautiful css, older ones not made for 4.05 are just a little trickier. You will have to open up the css you want to add in DAT texture wizard, go to texture operations and export all textures. Then open up the iso and import images from the disc file tree, and assuming they still have the same naming convention, if you import the textures you just exported, they should go into the 20XX 4.05 MnSlChr.usd

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Can anyone show me the values to make Ganon's upper arm / bicep show like a regular texture? I'm not sure which value is causing the super dark effect.

Current Values:

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Can anyone show me the values to make Ganon's upper arm / bicep show like a regular texture? I'm not sure which value is causing the super dark effect.

Current Values:
I havent tested this for your texture but i'm pretty sure it's because of Unknown 12 in the texture structure. try setting it to 3f800000

Yakult

Smash Cadet
UnclePunch UnclePunch

oops i was wrong, set Unknown 12 to 00050010

you also have to go to the Material Structure for Object Structure 20 and set the Unknown 1 value from 001c to 003c

lastly change the colour structure values to some more normal values (eg to what you posted)

lord knows why this worked but hey

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
Is GCR like malware or something? my anti-virus always deletes it. I got it from romhacking.net and I have Norton Security Service on my laptop.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Finally threw together a brand new FAQ and posted it in the OP!

That should help. (I should have done this ages ago though!)

Let me know if there are any questions you think should be added.

Why is the main post never updated anymore?
Modulous is a much better archive for costumes than keeping them in a post; it allows for better browsing and has a tag & search feature. Plus, the OPs of this thread got to be so big that they're laggy to edit.

Modulous also has an API that could be interfaced with, if someone wants to integrate it with a program or do some interesting thing.

Last edited:

ANGL

Smash Rookie
god, the sasuke fox is such a nice texture

Last edited:

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Im looking to upload a ton of stadium textures but like is there a way for me to remove the red and yellow triangles?

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Finally threw together a brand new FAQ and posted in the OP!

That should help. (I should have done this ages ago though!)

Let me know if there are any questions you think should be added.

Modulous is a much better archive for costumes than keeping them in a post; it allows for better browsing and has a tag & search feature. Plus, the OPs of this thread got to be so big that they're laggy to edit.

Modulous also has an API that could be interfaced with, if someone wants to integrate it with a program or do some interesting thing.

Nice. I modified my guide to change pokemon stadium's platform textures so it is up to date with the newer version of DTW :)

Last edited:

Ralph_AGM

Smash Rookie
Can someone please tell me where can I find this Texture? I can't find it anywhere ( I use Dat Texture Wizard)

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please tell me where can I find this Texture? I can't find it anywhere ( I use Dat Texture Wizard)
Read the DAT texture wizard thread. Achilles goes over how to edit it. You might be able to understand it.

Ethos13

Smash Rookie
just wondering if anyone has a pal version of the darkness effect for marths dair like what was used on mang0's stream. I have the NTSC version but play on PAL so would appreciate a PAL version of that texture hack if it exists. Cheers

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
just wondering if anyone has a pal version of the darkness effect for marths dair like what was used on mang0's stream. I have the NTSC version but play on PAL so would appreciate a PAL version of that texture hack if it exists. Cheers
If you use the DTW, you can export the marth PAL file and edit it's hex code for the dair to have that effect. I may look at it to see if I can do it but I'm not promising anything.

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Like, nobody has ever done it?
From what I've seen probably. It seems like something no one (besides me... lol) cares about. I bet if you mess around with hex stuff you should be able to find it.

Top Bottom