• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen probably. It seems like something no one (besides me... lol) cares about. I bet if you mess around with hex stuff you should be able to find it.
Yeah, I've been wanting to work more with hex stuff and since no one seems to have figured it out it would be cool to try.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Yeah, I've been wanting to work more with hex stuff and since no one seems to have figured it out it would be cool to try.
I would be thrilled if someone finally figured it out!

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know how to fix the problem of the CSS textures not being the same size? I can replace skins for characters and stages fine but it won't let me change the CSS

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Anyone know how to fix the problem of the CSS textures not being the same size? I can replace skins for characters and stages fine but it won't let me change the CSS
Most likely because your using a 3.02 file... I converted a few CSS' over to 4.05, here they are:
1)
Name: New CSS Icons (for 20XX 4.05)
Made By: Goxplex (Credit to MachRiderZ for almost all the renders) [Converted to 4.05 by NS23]
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fe0l2mf0uxx4gv/MnSlChr.usdhttp://www.mediafire.com/download/4fe0l2mf0uxx4gv/MnSlChr.usd
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fe0l2mf0uxx4gv/MnSlChr.usd
2)

Name: Pixel CSP (For 20XX 4.05)
Made By: Steelia [Converted to 4.05 by NS23]
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/849f3expemet3tk/MnSlChr(2).usd

Last edited:

j a y c e

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly flattered that you were inspired by my work but Can I request that you don't imitate any of my textures from here on out? I'm not necessarily mad but I definitely don't appreciate the blatant plagiarism no matter what the intent was. Like I may not own the texture but like I preferred it to be a single skin instead of a pack
rofl you didn't make the arizona aethetic trend a thing

j a y c e

Smash Rookie
Its ****ing dope that mang0 uses my texture. :)
but your texture is dope dog.
also can someone point me in the direction to figure out how to change the colors of the first few frames of shine, I want to have tatata0's texture be all purple :p

Last edited:

FrisbeeMD

Smash Rookie
Name: Unique Closed Ports (Different images for each port)
Made By: DRGN
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x527z3w0zsdjzxq/Unique_Closed_Ports_-_20XX_Demo_MnSlChr.usd

You can find the offsets for the new textures by simply opening the file in DTW. Also included are the alignment fix and space for HQ/color (_6 type) textures. Note however that this won't work for the current version of 20XX (I know it says 20XX, but this is just a demo, at least for now), so you can't just replace the one in there for this. But you can use this for your own non-20XX build and replace each port with whatever you want!
So how would I increase the space for this to fit in vMelee? File to import is too large as it is and I'm not sure how to allocate space without causing desyncs with other players

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
So how would I increase the space for this to fit in vMelee? File to import is too large as it is and I'm not sure how to allocate space without causing desyncs with other players
Well, normally people will tell you to "rebuild" your ISO, which means performing a bunch of steps with GCR. But if you use DTW, it will perform everything necessary for you. Just right-click on the MnSlChr file (within DTW once you've opened your ISO) and hit "Import". Afaik, simply having files of different sizes shouldn't affect syncing.

Morifija

Smash Rookie

I was thinking, would someone like to do a Captain Falcon hack that makes him look like the Colossal Titan from Attack on Titan. That would be so cool!!!

Bftws

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know about changing the character tint during shine? Ive changed the actual shine color and the sparkles but I can't find the address for the blue tint fox/falco have during shine

fletchers

Smash Rookie
hey there.
I'm completely new to making textures but I'd like to attempt a (so I assume) kinda big project for a beginner, so I thought I'd ask here first if it was at all reasonable to do so:
I'd like to make an Auron skin for marth which goes beyond textures:
-added sunglasses model (which is in front of the eyes, not just a texture)
-change the hairstyle
-make his blade broader (maybe even curve it a little? same length for tipper purposes, no gameplay changes)
-remove cape, add a long coat like Auron's (probably out of reach? would need an own animation too huh)

so yeah, I think this is completely undoable, but maybe JUST MAYBE someone here knows exactly how to attack any or all of these steps, so I'll ask before dropping it.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
hey there.
I'm completely new to making textures but I'd like to attempt a (so I assume) kinda big project for a beginner, so I thought I'd ask here first if it was at all reasonable to do so:
I'd like to make an Auron skin for marth which goes beyond textures:
-added sunglasses model (which is in front of the eyes, not just a texture)
-change the hairstyle
-make his blade broader (maybe even curve it a little? same length for tipper purposes, no gameplay changes)
-remove cape, add a long coat like Auron's (probably out of reach? would need an own animation too huh)

so yeah, I think this is completely undoable, but maybe JUST MAYBE someone here knows exactly how to attack any or all of these steps, so I'll ask before dropping it.
Knowing we are super limited when working with models, you won't be able to do most of those :(

Bftws

Smash Rookie
Has anyone discovered how to change the background color in the stage select screen or the menu screens? (aside from the CSS, I have that one covered). I'm just trying to change the blue-black to white.

Edit: I found a picture of someone who's edited the background but I still can't find any other information.
Double Edit: It seems like this scrshot is not edited and is official so probably doesn't mean anything lol.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Has anyone discovered how to change the background color in the stage select screen or the menu screens? (aside from the CSS, I have that one covered). I'm just trying to change the blue-black to white.

Edit: I found a picture of someone who's edited the background but I still can't find any other information.
Double Edit: It seems like this scrshot is not edited and is official so probably doesn't mean anything lol.
Lol that's a pic from an old dolphin build. It wasn't able to render the background effect properly and this was the result.

Bftws

Smash Rookie
Lol that's a pic from an old dolphin build. It wasn't able to render the background effect properly and this was the result.
Lol good to know. Still trying to find that background color, checked cf00s and 070707s and 98s and 808080s in the mnsimap.1sd file. Might have missed something somewhere so I'm gonna recheck.

Edit: The dark blue color i'm trying to change is a pulsating diamond/circle thing in the background. I tried searching the specific color (00 00 25) or (80 03) and changing it to white but no dice.

Last edited:

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Its gotten to the point where I've written wayyy to much to my 20xx 4.05 iso to the point where there is no more room for new textures / theres alot of files not in use. Will the clean garbage feature on grc help or will it just **** with my stuff?

DRGN

Technowizard
this Doc Fieri always crashes my game always

Sad because i really love it!!
Seems to work on mine.
upload_2016-11-6_17-18-46.png

Looks like it might be something else wrong with your game. Are you testing on console?

I've written wayyy to much to my 20xx 4.05 iso to the point where there is no more room for new textures / theres alot of files not in use
I'm not sure what you mean by this part.

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Seems to work on mine.
View attachment 120698

Looks like it might be something else wrong with your game. Are you testing on console?

I'm not sure what you mean by this part.
replaced the basic character skins many times and theres like 5 of each skin in my iso where only 1 of the textures is being used

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
replaced the basic character skins many times and theres like 5 of each skin in my iso where only 1 of the textures is being used
what you are saying is not possible or worded incorrectly. if you replace a default skin with a custom skin(A), and then replace the custom skin(A) with another custom skin(B) only custom skin (B) will continue to exist in your iso

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
GALE01-27.png
GALE01-26.png

1.Name: Blue Mr.M(Goes over Blue Skin)
Made By: Iceballz
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/00rept2kj22b7yc/PlMrBu.dat

2.Name: Brown Mr.M(Goes over Brown Skin)
Made By: Iceballz
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dpyouby3ryi5t6k/PlMrBk.dat

UnclePunch UnclePunch I just updated this post and my last post.There is a Mr.M skin to replace all five of Mario's skins.I just want to know if you can help with CSPs later if you'd be cool with that

Edit: I did other recolours for Mr.L so I will upload them when I get the chance

Last edited:

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555

Yo the link from the thread for this skin is broken could the creator or someone with the skin reupload it for me?

ManInTheIronMask

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me recreate something for 20XX that I used in Project M.

I had this guy make me two Marth skins (one all black, another black with silver accents). I know it doesn't have the preview images or the links to the files anymore, so I'm more than willing to provide all the information necessary to recreate them.

In addition, I had the texture maker put this emblem on the back of Marth's cape (basically the silver helmet with white horns on Marth's black cape).

Furthermore, if it's possible, I would also like the background alternate colors to be silver for the black/silver one, and black for the all black one.

And does anyone have a link to a grey/silver shield and black shield to correspond to the colors?

I know it's a lot to ask for, but I would greatly appreciate the help. There are tons of talented texture makers on here, so any assistance would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom