• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

DRGN

Technowizard
I don't normally post color conversions, since they're usually pretty easy to do, but I decided to make an exception for this one since it's not as simple (model parts requiring manual editing) and I changed most of the textures.

Anyway, I converted Milun's Raiden costume for Marth to use his Neutral slot instead of Black. For the textures, I cleaned them up and shifted them to a blue hue. The blue works much better for this costume slot since it's what's used when Marth is on Blue Team.

Thanks go to Milun Milun for the original design, and for helping with the sword's model parts for this conversion.

Raiden - Neutral Slot (New Sword) - by Milun, DRGN.png

(Sword model hacked version shown; other small differences are also present on the body.)

Name: Raiden (Neutral slot)
Made By: Milun, DRGN
Download: Available on Modulous

Two versions are in the download; one with Marth's normal sword (right), and one with Milun's cool model hacked sword:
sword comparison.jpg

Can anybody help me out and fix my Battlefield texture?

For whatever reason it crashes after you play on it for a little, all I did was recolor a couple textures to orange and purple

Here's the download: https://www.mediafire.com/?wa144a43p9al6ba

Much appreciated

View attachment 122830 here's what it looks like, I'm just really confused as to why this would make it crash
Do you have a working copy of the file before the changes? You might try starting over, and just change a few things at a time and test in between.
Veggies Veggies why is that when i download your buttsavage file it says, "file is in unknown format or damaged"?
What do you mean by "it"?

Milun

Smash Ace
I don't normally post color conversions, since they're usually pretty easy to do, but I decided to make an exception for this one since it's not as simple (model parts requiring manual editing) and I changed most of the textures.
Nice one! That looks amazing!

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
How can I make it so the cape image isn't so washed out?

*Edit

Also does anyone know,

-offsets in MnSlChr.usd for UI border colors
-offset in Final Destination stage file for color of the stage rim
-offset in Battlefield stage file for platform lines

and orange line

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet

*Edit

Also does anyone know,

and orange line
changing the value of unknown 12 from 00030010 to 00050010 for the emblem texture has this effect:

one of them is already set to 00050010 so just set the other one

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice

and orange line
I'm curious about the orange line too but the platform border is just a texture-----> GrNBa.dat_0x37120_14.png

Matt Mantis

Smash Rookie
can someone link me to where ganon looks like hyrule warriors ganon? like his pose is changed when you pick him in the css.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

Imbaked

Smash Rookie
Anyway to add 2 different character textures into 1? For example, I want the green slash with every one of Marth's sword attacks with the purple Down spike texture. Both have same file name

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Happy new year!

I was painfully close to finishing this before I went to university and forgot to put it on my hd, but here it is.

Straight Outta SSB64:

Name: SSB64 jigglypuff
Made by: Yakult
Replaces: Neutral
Direct download: Here
Modulous: Here

SDRedFox

Smash Rookie
Can someone help me find the Yoshi's Story Beach Skin? I'm skimming through the older pages but I think I'm blind.

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
so im trying to make csps by hand and they are not looking so clean so i gave up but then i jump into classic days later and see the characters with the custom skins in nice poses that could be used for csps i was wondering if someone could tell me how to rip these from the game so i can make some quality csps (reference: http://imgur.com/a/dPkxz )

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
so im trying to make csps by hand and they are not looking so clean so i gave up but then i jump into classic days later and see the characters with the custom skins in nice poses that could be used for csps i was wondering if someone could tell me how to rip these from the game so i can make some quality csps (reference: http://imgur.com/a/dPkxz )
I made a tutorial about it here: https://smashboards.com/threads/download-tutorial-20xx-costume-previews.439649/

But it will be even easier in the coming weeks.

Bobita

Smash Rookie
changing the value of unknown 12 from 00030010 to 00050010 for the emblem texture has this effect:

one of them is already set to 00050010 so just set the other one
How exactly do you do this? There is a texture hack that I downloaded with a washed out cape symbol that I wanted to make clearer.

Yakult

Smash Cadet
How exactly do you do this? There is a texture hack that I downloaded with a washed out cape symbol that I wanted to make clearer.
In DTW open your marth skin and click on the second texture (cape emblem) so that it's highlighted, click on the first small tree, then scroll down on the right until you see Unknown 12, and change that value to 00050010. Then crucially you have to hit enter so that it goes red, and finally save.

Doing that should look a little something like this:

Last edited:

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
I know this thread isn't really for audio but I don't know if we have a audio thread so w/e
anyway Japanese puff sounds really adorable and i like it more than us puff so I'm trying to swap the audio of the two so I went into DTW and took the Japanese.ssm and put it where the English one was and it worked... but not really. some of the sounds were translated but to the wrong moves but most were just silent. Could someone help me do this or do it for me?

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
I know this thread isn't really for audio but I don't know if we have a audio thread so w/e
anyway Japanese puff sounds really adorable and i like it more than us puff so I'm trying to swap the audio of the two so I went into DTW and took the Japanese.ssm and put it where the English one was and it worked... but not really. some of the sounds were translated but to the wrong moves but most were just silent. Could someone help me do this or do it for me?
You figure any of that out? I'm trying to switch out the sound for when rest connects... Which off the top of my head is the same for GW judgement 9 I think but not shared by anyone else outside item use ... I want to switch it to an audio clip of hungry box saying "f*** yea!" When he had that legendary pop off. I'll reach out to Hbox on fb/sb to possibly get him to record me an hq version of him saying it lol. But I need to familiarize myself with swapping out the sound effects.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
hey guys,

i just finished my first skin, a Jedi Marth with multiple lightsaber colors:

https://modulous.net/mod/1267/Jedi Marth Skin

Hope you like it!
This is pretty nice, I do like it! Has a good color scheme. And that sword model makes for a pretty good lightsaber too, I'll have to copy the model part for use with the Marth Vader skin!

Hope to see more from you.

You can find a whole subforum dedicated to audio here. There's also even a requests thread there.

Curbyy

Smash Rookie
This is pretty nice, I do like it! Has a good color scheme. And that sword model makes for a pretty good lightsaber too, I'll have to copy the model part for use with the Marth Vader skin!

Hope to see more from you.
Thanks! The model is made by Milun Milun though, i cant take any credit for this beauty :). Hah, Marth Vader :D i plan on doing a Sith alternate for this costume aswell. Cant wait to see ur Marth Vader!

DRGN

Technowizard
Thanks! The model is made by Milun Milun though, i cant take any credit for this beauty :). Hah, Marth Vader :D i plan on doing a Sith alternate for this costume aswell. Cant wait to see ur Marth Vader!
Oh, yeah, I knew about the sword; I saw you post in the other thread. I just happened to post here instead. :p

Marth Vader is a skin Charc0al (CFMV) already made, found here. It's pretty good. I have my own slightly altered version where I removed the sheath though. And now I've changed the sword to this new one too. Here's a copy of that (just rename the extension to .dat; had to name it that to attach it):

Attachments

Top Bottom