• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MD/VA Power Rankings! Updated March 22nd.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Aiyyo I just thought since this tourney is getting pretty big, we should reach out to the MD/VA people.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299413 <- BigLou's Birthday as well for any of you who really know my boy, Lounis, well.

EDIT: I meant to post in brawl version of this thread but we are looking for more Melee players.
That's the date of MD/VA's first official power ranking tourney at Sypher's, unfortunately.

Linkownz

Smash Cadet
So are there any fests or tourneys coming up in VA? I'm ready to bump my way in here lol.
School's done at the end of april... so I can play.

rhan

Smash Hero
We can play! <3

I only have exactly a couple months in VA until I ship off for basic. I wanna play all you guys before I go!

rhan

Smash Hero
Been New School Sova for 4 years now..

but yeah no one here really travels up there and the ones that do (from what I know) do it for Brawl. and you guys never come down here.

That's why.

And to be technical. Gloucester is middle eastern VA but I rep SoVA cuz I was born and raised Newport News..

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
2 hours of separation from NoVA kinda blows
I made the drive to NC and was like holy **** how are we still in VA

_J!

Smash Cadet
Little busy today and couldn't find the BEST place to put this, but I'm moving to baltimore in august and wanted to see who was around. I haven't been able to play as much as I like around here, but I look forward to foolin around as much as I can when I get out there. PM me or some ****.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Why is everyone in this region so gay now? God, TA was so ****ing cool.

I'll be accepting all MMs at Sypher's this coming up weekend.
Besides that, I'm going to try and get some play in with pretty much everyone good at this tournament so I can toss my opinion in on who should be where on the PRs. I currently strongly disagree with them, but I guess my opinion won't be valid until I come and play everyone.

Also, Chillin and Azen aren't really retiring. I'm probably playing them tomorrow and if Chillin has been practicing like he claims then I'd bet he's the best in our region.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Why would we be cool when nobody's taking the effort to help out the mid-level players? I guess all good players really do suck at game theory?

@ Kaffei: I'm still going to tournaments, but I'm not going to whine anymore about matchups because it's not important. I just want to have fun.

@ CK: Good for you. Stay ahead of the game.

chillindude829

Smash Master
lol yes i forgot that its the top players' responsibility to help mid level players improve... wait a sec

edit before somebody thinks im a d*ck for this post i do whatever i can to help, but im a lot more inclined to help when someone asks for it rather than just give out advice all the time

like i implied, the burden is on yourself to get better not the top players in your region

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You don't have to play with amazing players to get better. Milkman only went to four tournaments and plays with his friend and he made it to the third round of pools at Pound 5.

Theory isn't really that helpful when it comes to smash IMO. It really is just a bunch of simple things strung together.

I really hope Richmond can show up in force next weekend and destroy everything. Top 10 spots are all going to be Richmond smashers.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
MD/VA Melee, how interested would you guys be in coming to CEO(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296882) in mid June? Hbox will be hosting. It's happening in Orlando. It's also a massive event for other fighters if you're interested in others(800 in attendance for them total. It's an EVO Seeding event). 18,000 sqft venue~

We'd love to have you guys if you can make it. There's a discount at the hotel running to the end of May.

:rosalina:

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
You don't have to play with amazing players to get better. Milkman only went to four tournaments and plays with his friend and he made it to the third round of pools at Pound 5.

Theory isn't really that helpful when it comes to smash IMO. It really is just a bunch of simple things strung together.

I really hope Richmond can show up in force next weekend and destroy everything. Top 10 spots are all going to be Richmond smashers.
lol at all of richmond getting top spots more like cyrain and tope and doll maybe

the rest will be under the top 10 stop hoping that not playing top players actually gets you better >_>

Kaffei

Smash Hero
<3 CK.

Man. The H2YL challenge sounds fun. I have a feeling it will be popular.
I wanna do it but then I'll only be able to play 1 person cus I know I'll lose the 1st game lol :( I wanna play all 3 (except maybe chu cus ICs are a wtf match up that idk how to play at all)

Top Bottom