• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Luigi Tournament Results Thread

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
hello guys, i'm back from M2N =D

I got 2nd in my pools with only Luigi exept for the match against Tysk (MK Dito)

Then came the Brackets. I beat Bilo 2-1 with luigi. then came T ... awesome player, I tried it with luigi against his wolf, it was indeed, an awesome Match, but I lost 1 stock, changed to Snake and won the set 2-1 x). Then I had to play against Kaos, I took Snake and lost 2x times 1 stock 140 %. In the LB i beat Zalog, the Snake mainer with Luigi 2-0. And I beat Reaper 2-1 his Peach with Snake. I got kicked out, this time by iStudy, who played very good.

So I finished 9th, my best placing atm :p.

I also played MMs against Muka^, the Snake Mainer with luigi, and won 3-2, against Cadet, the MK Mainer, 1st Match Luigi-MK, I won on BF, and 2nd MK Dito on FD also won, so 2-0 and I beat all Snake players with Luigi xD like Draqo, Reyney, Muka, Zalog and Akuma.

I played even Matches with Leon :), awesome matches. I just love the MU Luigi against Marth/Snake xD

Luigisama

Smash Champion
The tourney that I got 3rd in is nothing special. I got put into LB instantly, beat a bad player, then beat two of my crew members who I play a lot so I don't think I deserved 3rd IMO.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sama, you need a secondary. You're in the MK breeding grounds with luigi

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Sama, you need a secondary. You're in the MK breeding grounds with luigi
NO!!! I REFUSE go eat some hay you pony. lol jk eh my friends told me to use wario, but atm it's not really working for me. Also I'm actually kind of getting the hang of playing against Mk now. It's just that I lack reading my opponent in the two matches I get. Not to mention some mks spam up b more than others, some use more nado, and all these other things that I have taken into account. I think that if i can if I can observe which moves my opponents use more MAYBE just maybe I can beat them by watching out for those moves.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
hi guys, I finished 13th in BIB2. Got 2nd in pools playing luigi only and took snake against Ravenlord (top Lucas EU) I also beat Chair (wario dutch) with luigi <3

I beat Orion in MMs, Luigi vs Falco 3-1
and MK ditos 3-1 :)

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Ugh that last kill was kind of ****ed up lol. You landed on the edge and the MK upB'd and you literally went straight down.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Ugh that last kill was kind of ****ed up lol. You landed on the edge and the MK upB'd and you literally went straight down.
yeah I thought it was DI, but it happened to me again in against another mk and I think Jump recovery with Luigi against mk is bad.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Fair the tornado (go wigi priority)
Gtfo the platforms >.<
Use more fireballs dude, mk is close range
Don't risk jab up b agains small characters (ex: Kirby Jiggs Meta, unless they sdi upwards)

Loved the reads and how you almost came back :D
Nice luigi

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
Hello Sqweegees,

This is a vid of me playing against MikeHAZE while I was down in socal. It was a MM and sadly i wasn't fast enough to get to record the first game, but I was Mario o_O. This is the 2nd match and Maybe this'll help with analysis on the Marth vs Luigi MU or whatever. Critique would be appreciated, and yeah...

http://youtu.be/jyXGECbzSN4

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Hello Sqweegees,

This is a vid of me playing against MikeHAZE while I was down in socal. It was a MM and sadly i wasn't fast enough to get to record the first game, but I was Mario o_O. This is the 2nd match and Maybe this'll help with analysis on the Marth vs Luigi MU or whatever. Critique would be appreciated, and yeah...

http://youtu.be/jyXGECbzSN4
You did good, try to SDI dancing blade to get a free hit in. Near the end there I think an air dodge into up b would have caught mikehaze. Especially on two of his fsmashes that he threw out. Also idk looks like mike wasn't use to the Luigi mu. He fell for dthrow mindgames and I think you should have taken advantage of that. Be careful on your recover to the stage and try to stay out of Marth's dair range. On some occasions you get lucky and you don't get hit by the spike hit box.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
I'll be honest: During pools, Rich Brown told me that So-Cal doesn't have any Luigis and so everything was based off of little things they remember from watching BigLou/Boss way back in the day. But, yeah I should've abused that fact and just go for gimmicky mind-games to get the win.

And how exactly do you SDI Dancing Blade? I play Marth so much and still have no clue how to do it I guess X(

First stock I was messing around too much when I was off-stage, and that was a big mistake. Need to remember that. Thanks!

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
2 options: SDI out of dancing blade behind him (difficult) or better option, sdi in the air. If he messes up fast dancing blade, you can Nair, Uair, Fair, UpB (simple without kill effect) out.

Second thing, SDI on the ground, shield to grab.

Guys, I was in Munich. Won dubz with Crysis =p

Also got 5th in Singles with Luigi only in brackets and 1 Pool Match, the last 4 matches I took DK

And I won Midtier Tournament. Won 3-1 vs Quiksilver's Samus in WF, and 3-1 vs Snopy's Kirby in GF ;)

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I'll be honest: During pools, Rich Brown told me that So-Cal doesn't have any Luigis and so everything was based off of little things they remember from watching BigLou/Boss way back in the day. But, yeah I should've abused that fact and just go for gimmicky mind-games to get the win.

And how exactly do you SDI Dancing Blade? I play Marth so much and still have no clue how to do it I guess X(

First stock I was messing around too much when I was off-stage, and that was a big mistake. Need to remember that. Thanks!
get someone to dancing blade you in training mode and learn the SDI on the move. I almost got it down, but atm all I'm able to do is SDI up and counter with a Fair or a nair. Once in a tourney match I got behind marth after the first slash(red) too bad the marth was at low percents otherwise I would have shoruykened him.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
2 options: SDI out of dancing blade behind him (difficult) or better option, sdi in the air. If he messes up fast dancing blade, you can Nair, Uair, Fair, UpB (simple without kill effect) out.

Also got 5th in Singles with Luigi only in brackets and 1 Pool Match, the last 4 matches I took DK

And I won Midtier Tournament. Won 3-1 vs Quiksilver's Samus in WF, and 3-1 vs Snopy's Kirby in GF ;)
good stuff. At least you're placing. So hard to do anything here or at least I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting there slowly. :luigi:

yoshq

Smash Master

goooooooood shiiit destii!
you can't di out of it by going into him when he does the forward. only by going away, afaik, and punish with nado.

naw. mikehaze is ****in scared of luigi after losing to biglou. all i saw you coulda done better was be a little more patient with your landings, because he will capitalize the **** outta your air dodges into him every time, so you gotta mix it up. and get back onto stage as creatively and quickly as possible vs marth, like by going above him. and you coulda read his air dodge di a little better off dthrow. but overall good ****.

BSP

Smash Legend

Links plz if they ever go up

Updated

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
-Smash in der Hallertau
-http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?17547-SIDH-Results-und-Shoutouts
-25.-27.11.2011
-Singles: 26 Entrants
1. quiKsilver (75€) ZSS, Samus
2. Crysis (50€) Snake
3. Cadet (30€) MK
4. MukA^ (15€) Snake