• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Luigi Tournament Results Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm bumping this for good reason. Luigi's results need to be kept up to date, and I'm not going to let another results thread die.

I need to get to bed. Tomorrow, I'll start searching for more results to update this with. Don't worry, I'm not giving this up!

Edit2: Ok, we have sticky status on this. Great! Anyways, keep results coming guys.

BSP

Smash Legend
Got it from the thread.

YoshQ, did you go all Luigi at MLG Dallas?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222585 GIMPED

I see hippiedude and Boss. Did you both go all Luigi?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291913 GREAT REVIVAL

JBand and Boss, characters please

Edit Again

I looked through page 1 of tournament results and gathered all I could. I'll try to do page two tomorrow. If I recognize any Luigi's, but I'm not certain of characters, ill post like I did above, linking the events in question

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm bumping this for good reason. Luigi's results need to be kept up to date, and I'm not going to let another results thread die.

I need to get to bed. Tomorrow, I'll start searching for more results to update this with. Don't worry, I'm not giving this up!

Edit2: Ok, we have sticky status on this. Great! Anyways, keep results coming guys.
Yeah I stuck it for you. It's not a problem at all :D

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
There were just like, no MKs at that tournament. I don't know why haha.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Not sure about that. Dk has range and decent mobility and can deal with most characters better then luigi except for a few. His big downside is his crappy shield and how big he is.

BSP

Smash Legend
i got 4th/24 like 4 tourneys ago but, i used luigi like 2 1/2 sets...so i don't know if that counts..lol.
I'll take it anyway.

Not sure about that. Dk has range and decent mobility and can deal with most characters better then luigi except for a few. His big downside is his crappy shield and how big he is.
DK's range is just massive. Most characters can't even compare with it.

Thanks for the sticky Yink, and we are updated so far.

BSP

Smash Legend
Done. I put up a good bit of matches on the OP. I didn't bother with the stuff that's a year old or over, since I'm sure everyone has learned new tricks by now. I also linked your channel YoshQ.

I basically made this into a video thread. If you don't like it, too bad. :p Anyone can send in Vids, so feel free.

LithiumLuigi

Smash Cadet

And when you're ready to drop Luigi for MK, look here:

Originally Posted by Vermanubis View Post
Forgive the melodrama, but there is nothing worse than letting a bully break your spirit or resolve. It is better to live in obscurity by your own beat. High School is an example. Someone gets picked on for wearing a red shirt. They get picked on everyday. They have two choices:

1. Keep wearing the red shirt.
2. Give in and buy the new, cool shirt that everybody else is wearing.

Sometimes people are slow bloomers in the game. I know I was. I'll restate myself again. I wasn't taken seriously when I started either. I was just some party trick Ganon. But I always researched Ganon, practiced techs, devised mindgames, studied myself. Eventually, I became more than a party trick. I became a force who people took seriously, despite my handicap.

I do not have any more potential than you do. X and Espy do not either. No one does. The only thing we have over you is determination. You need to have the attitude that you can beat anybody. I know with enough effort, I'm capable of beating the top players in this country. Anyone is. It's simply about having the mindset and faith in yourself that sets you apart from the others that makes you succeed as a disadvantaged character.

Study yourself. Practice small steps at a time. Improve everything you can. It'll come in time.

[/COLLAPSE]​

Very inspirational!!!
I know there's definitely been multiple times when I felt like dropping my beloved WeeGee when all hope was lost. But I haven't gave up. It's hard being green, but I only keep getting better and I'm slowly able to beat top Meta Knights.

Also people are much more impressed with a good low-tier character or when a low-tier character wins. You don't hear anybody saying "WOW what a great Meta Knight!" or "OMGZ did you see that Snake?!"
I'm not impressed by that. I am however impressed when I see good Links, or Yoshis, etc.​

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
i finished 17th in Dögüsh. Lost against Orion and purple, 2 mk's...

PS: how should i play against a peach with luigi?

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
so, make pressing with Bair and a correct timing with nado. Can peach shield the jab cancel UpB ?

BSP

Smash Legend
Don't try to chase peach vertically from directly below her either, unless your spacing with Uair is amazing.

Do what YoshQ did and Bair pressure.

And I don't think Luigi really has to approach peach either, so don't just charge in unless you have a good reason. Sit at mid range and full hop dair to Nair slow or fast fall to outprioritize any turnips she throws. And while you're doing that, you could mix it up with a surprise nado or something.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
okay thanks ^^

Peach and MK are at the moment my weakcharacter as oppenent. But I think, a good MK is practicly impossible to beat with luigi :(

BSP

Smash Legend
unfortunately, I have to agree.

But Luigi does have a chance vs. MKs that don't know the MU. Usmash > tornado is a surprise for most of them.

I've been having trouble with falco personally. We can't outprioritize lazers and he's just so much faster than us.

yoshq

Smash Master
Don't try to chase peach vertically from directly below her either, unless your spacing with Uair is amazing.

Do what YoshQ did and Bair pressure.

And I don't think Luigi really has to approach peach either, so don't just charge in unless you have a good reason. Sit at mid range and full hop dair to Nair slow or fast fall to outprioritize any turnips she throws. And while you're doing that, you could mix it up with a surprise nado or something.
oh yeah, i forgot to mention the absolute ****ing key to this mu is just sit there. don't approach. peach plays significantly worse when you don't approach her. and yes, with the back airs.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
haha don't worry, i know this with MK, because I analysed already this MU. But I'd never a good Peach as oppenent until my last tournament.

Against MK, you can't allow to wait until he makes an attack, you must predict his next attack, so you can move in the right place to punish this attack.

Like MK's fair, you should wait until he makes the attack, but you should already jump and be ready to bair him near the end of the attack, same for his nado, which can be punish from the ground with Usmash, or like the end, with Fair/Bair/Dair. Or you can try to predict his nado, and approach him during the nado, let you touch from it, try to predict which way he'll escape, TDI you out in this direction, and you can punish with Dair (you normally TDI out so, you wil be in the air this moment)

etc... xD

Falco isn't that difficult. It's a taff MU, but be prepared with low %, that he will use laser to make you approach and not to make you %. He wants to CG you, so he can makes you 50-60 % with a nice read in the end. I think, you should approach in crawl and ps every laser, but don't stop, go ahead, and wait for his grab move, roll in the opposite direction of his (when he use normal grab, roll backward, when he tried to brg you, roll in his previous position, and then, he will go back on his campplay. Best stages against Falco, which I play well against him, are BF, where you can camp at the highest platform, or SV, where you approach and just need to shield and try to read his moves (ex: s-h double laser to bside)

Besides, against bside of falco, you should use nado, it works not bad at all :)

oh man, sry, I wrote so much...

BSP

Smash Legend
So would it be better to just take the lasers so he can't get a good CG in? And I need confirmation: can we crawl under them?

Or maybe we should just plank? If Luigi doesn't have a LGL, it would make closing gaps easier.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
like yoshq said, you can crawl under the sh laser. And yeah, it depends how you play. nah, planking = up B again and again on the edge right?

When yes, this is lame, forget about it. Better camp on a platform, as i said before, on BF or SV ^^

and don't hesitate to edgehop this dirty bird :p

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Polybrawl springfest
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299476
3/12/11
out of 33
25th Sama (Luigi)

Imperial era 2
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=10124
2/26/11
out of 17
13th Sama (Luigi)

Viridian city 9
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296668
1/29/11
out of 55
33rd Sama (Luigi)

Uprise of LI
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296181
1/22/11
out of 20
17th Sama (Luigi)

Poly brawl 5 return of the metaknight
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292395
11/24/10
out of 74
49th Sama (Luigi)

Play N Trade: SSBB Tournament
(proof that this is happened not results)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001215791288#!/event.php?eid=200127813331779
3/26/11
out of 38
1st Sama (Luigi)

Play N trade tournament
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297072
2/4/11
out of 17
5th Sama (Luigi)

Play N trade tournament
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297538
2/12/11
out of 12
5th Sama (Luigi)

Summer smash
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=8882
7/24/10
out of 25
17th Sama (Luigi)

BSP

Smash Legend
Updating now. I must've overlooked this. Thanks for submitting them already in the proper format.

I'm still running this, so keep stuff coming

Top Bottom