• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King Dedede Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Dedede's chainthrow works against most of the middle-sized characters in the game. I've tried it, and you can perform it against Snake, Ike, Marth, etc. It won't work on Samus or ZSS probably because they're too floaty. It doesn't work against space animals, or any other small character like Olimar.

But whenever you see a wall, Dedede can downthrow ANY character towards the wall and immediately grab them again. You can continue this combo for a long time. I did it against Olimar on Corneria from 80% to 120% before he escaped. You may be able to get out of it earlier through DI, though.

Dedede tilts are awesome, and so is his bair. Smashes are slow, but you can pull out his fsmash sometimes to mindgame them. :D

I hope you guys learned some new stuff! :D

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
awesome! thanks :D

that stuff was already known, actually. but thats fine, because it reminds us that Dedede is awesome; which is always welcome :D
Yeah, Dedede is awesome! I'm thinking about maining him, but I played Meta Knight and unlocked Snake, so I gotta think this over :D

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, Dedede is awesome! I'm thinking about maining him, but I played Meta Knight and unlocked Snake, so I gotta think this over :D
Yeah, I'll be maining him. I can't not main him. he's to awesome and totally pimp for me not to.

I'll also use Kirby, and Meta Knight if I like how he plays (which, so far, I do)... I might use PT sometimes too... plus Captain Falcon, because he's my Melee main... dang, there are too man characters I want to use... D:

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
He has one of the best taunts.: the one when he raises his hammer in triumph or whatever. The animation is sick.

T-major

Smash Champion
Maybe someone with the game could take pictures of all his attacks in training mode so this can be complete? :)
a video of all his moves would be better, since there is a limit on images per post. it's also better to see the moves in action, than just a picture of it... maybe CO18 can do it? hint hint, nudge nudge :D

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
I've got a few videos where i main D3, (not pro, since i've just started playin) but bascially, you can see how he works... i'll post em up on youtube later on.

CO18

Smash Hero
a video of all his moves would be better, since there is a limit on images per post. it's also better to see the moves in action, than just a picture of it... maybe CO18 can do it? hint hint, nudge nudge :D
Heres a little turtorial that hoboking posted in BC thats pretty good..
Shows you all the moves.
The only thing I really disagree with him on is the usefulness of the forward tilt.

Unless you're talking about little mini clips of each move to make it into a gif or something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-0BDo3Z8FDM

T-major

Smash Champion
Heres a little turtorial that hoboking posted in BC thats pretty good..
Shows you all the moves.
The only thing I really disagree with him on is the usefulness of the forward tilt.

Unless you're talking about little mini clips of each move to make it into a gif or something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-0BDo3Z8FDM
that! thats what I'm looking for! I'll add it to the front page.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
YES.. i've finished a real quick sig last night, and anyone can use it if they want. it wasnt that hard to make, but it looks alright. i want to know want you guys think of it for next time i make one...

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
That tutorial is great! Very in depth, a wonderful guide to King Dedede! Jet Hammer looks great, but with short range and self-damage, it's gonna be tough to get used to. Super Dedede Jump looks a bit difficult to aim, and easy to get knocked out of, but it does great damage and good knockback. Inhale seems really useful, and the WDs are a great projectile. I thought up a possible good combo: spitting someone out and immediately tossing a WD after them for a bit of extra damage and knockback!! The other cool thing is how good all of his tilts and aerials seem on priority and damage, and then his totally beastly (if laggy) smashes!

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Quick (possibly trivial) question about Dedede's final smash.

What happens to his invincibility when Dedede is using the final and the platform breaks? Castle Siege seems like the most likely stage for this to happen, because the Waddle Dees and Doos can hit the statues that hold the platform up. Would it give the same result as using it in the air (which I'm not sure what that is, either).

T-major

Smash Champion
Quick (possibly trivial) question about Dedede's final smash.

What happens to his invincibility when Dedede is using the final and the platform breaks? Castle Siege seems like the most likely stage for this to happen, because the Waddle Dees and Doos can hit the statues that hold the platform up. Would it give the same result as using it in the air (which I'm not sure what that is, either).
hmm... I never actually thought of that... I would assume it would be the same as if you used it in the air; as in, you just kind of float there... CO18, care to spread some light on the subject? (lolz! your the go-to-guy!)

King3De

Smash Rookie
King DeDeDe is a STUD ! ! ! I too along with many others hope he's fast enough to hold his own... Sounds like he can pack quite the punch with his sexy Jet Hammer so hope his spped isn't too slow...

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm a K3D player.

Good flow to him. I bet he'll be high in the tiers. Kirby + Peach + Ice Climbers = Genius.

Now if only there were more DDD avatars.

ValorInVendetta

Smash Rookie
I've had the game since it's release on sunday and I've had huge success with DDD. He has a great combination of grab game and ko moves that make him flow perfectly. I'm really looking forward to seeing the progression of the metagame for brawl, and I hope I can stay in it as a DDD main

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
DDD rules FFA's. Seriously. I was playing some basic brawls as DDD the other day with random people online, up+b coming down on them is utter ownage. Landing his fsmash and killing in the teen-percents is just too good.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
i dunno if someone already said this, but (at least with snake at FD) that the fsmash works great after a chaingrab of the ledge, anyone else using the fsmash after a cg?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've been using Dedede almost exclusively in gamebattles and I'm ranked 6th on the ladder ^_^

ValorInVendetta

Smash Rookie
Just won an Arizona local tournament at the U of A with DDD. I was able to kill my opponent's approach in every match with his projectiles and pulled off a few grab to death combos with the chain grab. D3 is awesome :D

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
i dunno if someone already said this, but (at least with snake at FD) that the fsmash works great after a chaingrab of the ledge, anyone else using the fsmash after a cg?
It'd be silly to not fsmash after you hit people off the edge. If they get smart and wait a second, you can jump down after them with a dair, then bair them into oblivion.

D3Bombr

Smash Rookie
Just got the game and I've already fallen in love with d3 (hence my name <333). I've come to calling his Fsmash "to Judge Judy" someone >.> the giant hammer of justice ^_^

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
I've played brawl a few times, mostly using my old melee characters, but I just picked up brawl this weekend. And I must say, Before DDD I thought i knew who I was... I was wrong.

Epic

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
yeah you can't combo a utilt out of his dthrow. you lose 500 internet points.

But srsly fsmashs and bairs make edgeguarding too easy with ddd. It feels like justice when you connect with the hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom